WaistAways Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like the 'no zero days' concept. My friends from hockey have started a plank challenge where we text each other and have to do a plank asap. It's definitely working for me. Every little effort will lead to improvement. I've moved up to 45 seconds and I'm going to keep increasing by 5 or 10 seconds each day as I can.
    Monday I went to the office and stopped at Costco on the way home. They had a bunch of office friendly attire on clearance so I went a bit nuts. I will be trying it all on later with fingers crossed that the smaller size I picked is my real size! The inconsistencies across brands makes it hard to shop when there's no change rooms!

I love Costcos clothes, and their returns make it so easy, they have these work pants called Hilary Radley Pull on pants ( not the ankle ones)- They are SOOOOO nice, and they hold up so well.. They are my favorite, and even when not on sale for 20 dollars they are a good deal. They make your butt look good too ! :) So how did everything work out ?

And yes you asked earlier, I do use stickers, but since I haven't been consistent with exercising, I haven't done it. I need to start doing it for staying within my goal food wise though, and maybe my evening reading, I am also trying really hard to limit social media, I'd like to get home from work and lock my phone away, so I am not tempted. LOL - sounds drastic but dang it, I think that's what it's going to take...
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    adrimango wrote: »
    I suck at this ! I don't know why I can't get it together, it just isn't working very well, my motivation is BLAH....

Anyway, Hi. I'm Vikki - 51 live in Baltimore, MD with my husband, I have struggled with my weight for forever. I have 49 days until a cruise, I would LOVE to lose 10lbs in that 7 weeks, but I don't think it is going to happen, so I am just hoping to be in a better mood by then....

Hey Vikki,

I'm sorry you're having a rough go at the moment. I'm pretty sure you can be in a better mood AND lighter before your trip! I'm committing to logging everything this week. I don't always and I KNOW that will be key. Good luck, we're rooting for you!

Thank you ! Yes, I don't know why I am in such a mood, I talked to my dr and she wants to do some hormone, thyroid tests so we shall see what comes of it.

I think a lot of it might be the time of year, it's cold, yucky, dark, granted I am not a fan of heat and humidity either, but those mid 70's, sunny, breezy days are what keep me looking forward to something...

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I haven’t heard of lumen so I looked it up. Can I ask a few questions about it? How long have you been using it, would you recommend it?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    It feels great to be home and to have time to catch up with everyone. It is very cold here this morning, but I'm looking forward to snowshoeing in the sunshine later. I'm a bit jealous of you riding horses on the beach, though @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 ! I hope you're not too sore afterwards :grimace:
    No zero day

Right before bed I looked at the floor and told myself I could do some last minute crunches
    Did 3 sets of 12 😃

I love that you looked at the floor and then gave your future self some ab building! WTG :smiley:

I have been reading more on the site where "no zero days" comes from. I love the concept of our 3 selves: past self, present self, and future self. Sometimes you just have to make present self give a gift to future self even if it means getting up off the couch or putting that snack back in the box. We always get to be grateful to past self that way, even if it is something tiny. Every day has at least one action that contributes to the health or fitness of our future self. Here is the site if you want to check it out - but language warning! Plenty of salty flavours in there :wink:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/

Team Mission Slimpossible is where I found this, so if ever you want to go over and see how they are doing it, go for it!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cw: 225.6

New month, time to get back in this!
    @jugar
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    PW: 215.2
    CW: 215.8

It's a small gain, but I am glad it wasn't more with my parents visiting. They tend to want to eat at all the local places they don't have in RI and boy do they have a sweet tooth!

@Gidgitgoescrzy I think the same thing about my phone use and social media. A lot of my friends aren't posting as much, so I have definitely decreased my time on it. My trouble is laying down in bed at night and scrolling! I know it's not good for sleep, but I enjoy it!

I recently heard something called "revenge bedtime procrastination." It basically is like you are so busy during the day (work, kids, etc) that at night you get on your phone (or read or other activity) for downtime and to relax even though you know it keeps you up later and you will be tired the next day. That is partly why I do it, but they say to carve out a few minutes here and there during your day for self care and it will help.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Thank you for the info. I’m very intrigued by it so will be looking forward to see how it works out for you over the coming months.

I totally understand about your body hanging around the 214 mark and not wanting to budge. It seems that I bounce up to around 210 - 220 every three years or so 🤷🏼‍♀️. I need to stop the cycle.
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods
    That lumen thing sounds so interesting! I can’t believe I had never heard about it!
    Looking forward to seeing your results. I too get stuck at a weight.. right now it’s around 219-222 .. for many years it was 196-200
    As women, I feel like there are so many factors that play into our weight loss that it’s so hard to do it all and know what actually helps and not.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy I'm the smaller size I hoped I'd be, but all the pants are too short! They will be ok for summer, but not for the rest of winter. If I wasn't so tall I could fake it and wear pretty shoes and no one would say anything, but they're at least an inch too short so I look like a kid who's grown out of their clothes. Not the office look I was going for! But I did find a nice flowy top and I easily fit into a medium. That is unheard of in my life. I was 5'2" and a size 10 at 10 years old and havent been back to that size since! Costco is so easy to return stuff, it is definitely my go to. That and Giant Tiger which is probably the closest thing Canada has to a Target. I don't want to spend big money on office clothes in what could end up being a transient size. Plus if my Chief can show up in jeans and a golf shirt, so can I!!

@lauren_989 revenge bedtime procrastination sounds like a good name for it. I'm definitely a... Victim? Subscriber? Practitioner? I'm there! Scrolling instead of sleeping is a problem for me. And. I. Love. Sleep. 10 hours per day is my preference. With the scrolling I'm probably losing over an hour per day of REM sleep.

@LoraineGB I find I have two set points, my lower one at 190 and I seem to always creep back up to 240 before I wake myself up to swing back down. Highest I've swung up was 260 and lowest was 180 but I've spent the majority of the last 20 years at either of those set points, with not much time spent in between. So strange how the body will cycle.

I've been exercising way more than normal but also tracking all my food. I'm eating over the calorie goal I set, but not by too much, especially as I don't calculate in my exercise calories. Mostly because I don't trust my Garmin. I will earn a badge for hitting a step goal from driving on a bumpy country road. Doesnt really give me confidence in the accuracy of the data. I'd love to find a fitness tracker that would track my hockey properly but I think the only option would be a full-on smart watch and that's a bit out of my league at the moment. If I keep ticking off my habit tracker I will earn a 'reward' and if I make it down 10lbs maybe I could reconsider.... 🤔😏
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    Jan Week 4 Stats
    Jan 22 - 6079 steps + 16 minutes Peloton + 10 minutes strength
    Jan 23 - 11194 steps
    Jan 24 - 5288 steps
    Jan 25 - 11396 steps
    Jan 26 - 8952 steps
    Jan 27 - 9127 steps
    Jan 28 - 9847 steps
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    It was so good to be back home today, eating the normal foods I like to eat, getting some snowshoeing and other moving around done. No revenge bedtime procrastination needed! And I think my future self will be happy with the no zero day.

Final Wednesday and all Thursday people are next!
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @eggfreak
    @MoStacy
    @39flavours

I'm assuming that @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 are excused for the duration of the wonderful vacation :sunglasses:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    WAISTAWAYS JANUARY FINAL STEP REPORTS
    Excuse me in advance for simpler summaries while I am enjoying a lovely vacation away! Also I know I closed week 4 before some of you got steps in. Please make sure you post your Feb week 1 stats (Jan 29-Feb 4) once the week is done!
    Way to go @KellyBgetsfit showing us the way in January!
    Lots of good individual progress throughout the month.. let's keep working on it!
    wcps6onsm597.png
    gnd0y25c9pc9.png
    x2vbjkz1i8fy.png

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Good reading all the posts. I’ve been logging under. My weight is down but up a tiny bit from my low as I have been able to eat again.

Love the photo Ashley and Brad. @LoraineGB We have so much in common. Age, weight, set points. Moving.

My eyes still are not right. So looking at my screen is not great fun. I’m also so dry. We have that cold, cold air coming this weekend.

Looking forward to a loss this week.

Off to get some zzzzzs.
This discussion has been closed.