• JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Username: JenAWhite
    Weigh-In Day: Monday
    SW: 142
    PW: 139.8
    CW: 140.8

I gained a pound, but I'm just happy and reenergized to try again this week as I got a scary concussion on Friday and needed to drastically cut back activity. My headaches are getting better and I think I'm going to be o.k.(I got distracted with the news that FitBit was dropping challenges, so I decided to go out for a walk to clear my head with my rowdy doodle, when I probably shouldn't have and slipped on ice and fell and hit the back of my head very hard. I also must have thrown the two poop bags and they both landed underneath me and stained my new winter coat!) Swelling is down and coat is clean, so I'm hoping to ease back into more activity and better meal prep this week.

Jen (BTW - How do we get our real names added to the spreadsheet if we want them in there?)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, @JenAWhite! Everything you said, applies to me as well. I am back after a couple year break while life was extra busy. But I really cannot let health take a back seat any longer. This is such a wonderfully supportive group. I am delighted to be back.

@amanda32390, it's great to meet you!

I have started reading through the February messages as an introduction.

Things about me: I am a mom and a private teacher (science and math). I love to read, mostly audiobooks so that I can read and move at the same time. Exercise is often outdoor walks, as I love the outdoors. I also love indoor stepping (I bought a platform), as I can pair that with silly shows. Currently, I am interested in home improvement shows, as I have a lot of work to get done on our house. Good food for me is whole foods, lots of vegetables and fruits, so I focus a lot on eating a rainbow and eating lots of interesting spices.

Today's goals:
    - Long walk before lunch
    - Meal planning for the week
    - Eat lots of veggies and fruits.
    - No added sugar (It will be tempting tonight if I end up working late. I am behind on class prep because of a big event this last weekend.)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 175
    Current weight - 173.4

@AustinRuadhain & @amanda32390 Hey y’all! So happy you’re both here!

@JenAWhite - that’s so awful I’m sorry you took that fall I hate walking on ice, even the tiniest bit. I’m glad your feeling better!

@trooworld - I didn’t log any of my walking as exercise yesterday, just my strength training and it was almost exact with my Apple Watch steps which was for the entire day. So yes it all adds up!

Department orientation done today I got my employee badge and logged my 1st hour on the clock. Still have some tests to do online before I start working but I’m almost there!

Weight still isn’t back to what it was in January but I’m feeling so great, water intake has declined drastically and I’ve eaten more carbs this week than I would have liked but I can really feel my muscles everywhere and I feel fantastic.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Jen_967
    Monday
    PW: 252
    CW: 251.4
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen a post and your first thought was humorous but didn't want to reply because you didn't know the person?

Remember kids drink coffee!! Except for you, you should drink tea.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,716 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Yes you did, way to go! Haha, I grew sweet potatoes a couple years ago and after 6 months of watering they were tiny, I was really annoyed as I watered them for months and they were the size of small shrimp, they were Sakajawayan (sp?) which are more expensive but still the water I used I could've bought them a few times! Great No Zeros, and yes washing makeup brushes counts, that takes awhile!

@megnolia82 Oh no, I hope they're able to help you and you get your own doctor, how frustrating! I'm sure you're so tired of it by now.

@trooworld I used to watch Young and the Restless too, they were so better back in the day! I managed to break my soap opera watching but DAYS was 35-40 years. I hope they're able to get to the bottom of what's going on with Daisy. I hope you're able to go to the boardwalk!

@shaunarlr83 Glad you're feeling great, you've been doing awesome! Almost good to go with work, that's wonderful! I couldn't be more happy for you, I'm sure you thought of leaving for quite awhile and were scared and here you are just doing incredible. I literally cheer when I read all the good stuff happening with you, talk about blooming!

Woohoo, week three leaders are Mission Slimpossibles, get down with your bad selves!

@sleepygirl79 @FushiaKat @19shmoo69 @DrewsAnna Way to go top winners!

@amanda32390 Welcome to Slimpossibles! Restarting yoga sounds like it would be great for you, I hope you start doing it as I'm sure you could use the time to destress. I'm glad you're here!

@AustinRuadhain Yay one of my favorite Slimpossibles is back, I'm so happy to see you! Woot woot! I missed you, huge bear hug! You helped me with great ideas when I was doing all the new produce each week challenges, I love seeing what you're making. Glad you're back, I was just telling my best friend who loves step workouts about you, you'll have to let me know if you discovered any more good instructors on YouTube. Her favorite is a Jane Fonda one and she's hoarding copies.

@JenAWhite Oh my goodness that is scary, I'm glad your headaches are getting better. That fall sounds terrible, I'm so glad you aren't in the hospital or worse didn't happen though concussions can be pretty bad. Of COURSE the poop bags ended up under you, geez. Gentle hugs, take it easy if you have to, I'm sure you'll be back at it soon.

@19shmoo69 I'm actually drinking Yogi green tea with passionfruit right now! I made the mistake of having coffee at my parent's last night and was up until 5AM but my book was also super good and I didn't want to go to bed.

Hi team! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Between the event on Saturday and going to my parents yesterday and having drinks and tons of carbs I got serious bloating going but today was a good day for the most part. I got up early and my allergies were bad and was tired so I went back for a nap and tried again and got my workout done. I have my brother's cat this week, she's pretty tough on my kitties but I'm currently in the guest room with the door closed hoping she'll come out soon (sitting on the bed waiting). Took some books to my neighbor and made dinner so didn't get a whole lot done today.

No Zeros
    -ate healthy and under
    water great
    chair cardio, abs, arm strengthening, and stretching done
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    @JenAWhite - I had a fall last year on ice, falling forward, broke my wrist, broke my eyeglasses and got a slight concussion. Your fall sounds terrible; as a general rule, you should always get checked when you have a head injury. But of course I didn't either. But after my fall last year, I don't risk going out when there's ice on the road.

@AustinRuadhain & @amanda32390 - Welcome!

I'm still reeling from Fitbit's announcement that they are discontinuing the challenges. A lot of my exercise is my daily walking, and the challenges have been a great source of motivation for me. It may sound silly, but I'd get one of those messages that "Diane is 468 steps ahead of you", and I'd get out there and get some more steps. I always used a pedometer and had my personal step goal and kept track of my miles/minutes in a book, but my boyfriend bought me the Fitbit for Christmas in 2015. At first I treated it like just another pedometer but with online tracking, and then someone invited me to a challenge and then I was hooked into the Fitbit community. I am very disappointed to learn there will be no more challenges. I'm thinking about changing to a different tracker, if I can find one that has something similar to what Fitbit is terminating. Does anyone here use a different brand of step-tracker that has online challenges?

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain - I'm so so glad you're back!

@JenAWhite- Goodness! That's awful. Glad you are OK. And your coat too.

@shaunarlr83 - You go get 'em with that job! You look super cute in scrubs!

@19shmoo69 - I always get a smile when you post something on here!

@micaroo4 - I have a fit bit, never did any challenges. I joined stridekick with the group on the weekend and we are doing a challenge. It is so fun, I can't believe I never did it before. I have to check where I am on the leaderboard during the day and yes, it makes me want to add steps. Come join us!

:( Gotta go exercise- that's all I got time for today.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,085 Member
    Options
    @amanda32390 Welcome to the team! I'm glad you joined! Sounds like you have a busy life, don't get intimidated by the number of posts here, just keep up as much as you can.

@AustinRuadhain Woo hoo! Welcome back, girl!!! It's so good to see you putting your health a priority. Great goals for the day! I agree with @Katmary71, you had great ideas and helped so many of us.

@JenAWhite I'm glad you are okay, I bet that was very scary! Oh gosh about the poop bags! About your real name: I would tag @broncobuddee and see if that is possible. She handles all things spreadsheet! :D

@shaunarlr83 Congrats on the loss! Good to know about the strength training adding up. Woo hoo about starting your job!!! I need to up my water as well. Yay for muscles!!!

@Jen_967 Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 YAY coffee!!!

@Katmary71 Wow that's a long-term commitment, 35-40 years! Amazing! Thanks, I am so worried about Daisy. :( I hope your bloating goes away soon and that Cali comes out. Great no zeros!

@micaroo4 Some of us here have joined a free app called Stridekick (see the link in my signature). We have a challenge going on there, it's even better than Fitbit's challenges, in my opinion. Check it out!

Hi all. With our Stridekick challenge in mind, I went for a walk with my husband yesterday. We did NOT make it to the beach (too cold), we did make it to the most beautiful neighborhood park. It was a great way to start the day. I've got work today but hope to take a few breaks to go for a walk. It may depend on my work schedule...I'm still catching up from my work trip!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I went for a walk with the hubs and tracked everything.

Join our Stridekick challenge (miles walked/ran)...my username is LibraryGoddess: https://link.stridekick.com/join

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday

Username: lrjogger1
    Previous weight: 161.4
    Current weight: 163.2

😒

Sorry team. I feel like I let you all down. I totally fell off all my goals this past week. I haven’t been tracking my food, I’ve been making bad food choices, I haven’t been drinking water like I should, and my vegetable intake was miserable. It’s no surprise my weight is up. Just feeling stupid for the lack of self control this past week.

I know that the cause is from several BIG upcoming life things that have been consuming my mind. 1. I applied for a spot in the summer program at my college to finish my nursing school early in August instead of December - only 20 spots, so very competitive 2. Hubby and I are highly considering moving back to MN when I finish school and 3. I’ve been spending a lot of time researching where I want to work as a nurse when I finish school and what type of nursing I want to do. There’s so many possibilities and I want to make the right choice. The place I work right now as an ED Tech is great and I was thinking of working there but they have been cutting back on everyone’s hours for the past 6 weeks (mine too) and I’m concerned it might not be the best place to work now. We also received a memo this past week that the hospital is not making budget and will be cutting costs. 😳🤔😵‍💫

…even with all this, I know I have to keep control over my diet and health!! So, I’m recommitting today to track my food everyday, stay under my calorie goal (1400), drink a minimum of 6 glasses of water, eat at least 2 servings of vegetables per day, and check in here daily.

In all this craziness I could really use y’alls encouragement and prayers.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,085 Member
    Options
    I usually post this at the beginning of the month but since we have two new people, I thought I would post it today so they aren't wondering what No Zeros is that some of us are tracking. @AustinRuadhain, are you the one that posted about No Zeros first?

ho92spkso0qm.png

I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2023! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.
    Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 praying for your strength today and for your son to get the help he needs to break his addictions. Tough love is so hard. Keep your mind on the positive “life giving” things today and love yourself by making good choices with food and not “medicating” the stress with shopping.

Keep coming back and finding the support you need. You got this girl!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    k26pnt3yg7zz.jpeg

@amanda32390- that’s a pretty busy schedule you keep. I hope you find your groove and figure out the smoothest way to juggle it all while slowly moving yourself to top priority.

@19shmoo69 - Darren at what point do you feel like you “know” someone well enough to joke around with them? Asking for myself bc I have the same issue, most times I read something I find it humorous first then have to dial down my response and be serious 😂

@Katmary71 - thank you for always being so encouraging and uplifting. I’m not sure where I would be (mentally) if I didn’t have this group. When something threat happens I have about 5 people to share good news with so I’m always so excited to share with my people here!

@micaroo4 - that Stridekick challenge has helped me focus on moving much more this week! Also it’s getting me out earlier to make sure I get some exercise in and stop putting it off until just before midnight.

@Cornanda - Thank you! I had to borrow my daughters 😂

@trooworld - I’m curious how cold it was there for you. We’ve had bipolar weather all winter and we’re in a warm phase right now and I’m loving it!

@lrjogger - hugs. I’m new well not even there yet, I’m premature to the health field work but all I’m hearing is how bad it is all getting. Everywhere! I hope you find exactly what you need and again I can’t imagine what going back to school must be like. You deserved that off week to just simmer a bit while you figure everything out. You will get it back and be killing it soon!

@tammymccrady6278 - I feel like that’s the hardest position to be in, sending prayers up for you and your boy!

Had an amazing wonderful day yesterday, talked my kid into hiking to a spot I’ve been really too intimidated to do. I knew he could make it no issue and he could help me but I was worried if we were ever with other people that couldn’t make it there would be an issue or I would talk myself out of it. The reason I was a bit scared was because it’s a climb up a steep rock and people just use dead trees for the ladder 😂 kinda sketchy but it worked. Picture is looking up at my son after he made it there, and yes I made him go back down first to take my picture too and catch me if I fell 🤣🤣🤣 We found some other cool areas also and even though we only logged a mile it was pretty strenuous and I worked up quite a sweat. I was floating on cloud nine and didn’t want the day to end so I went for a late night walk at the park.

Woke up to my mom and sister screaming at each other. I’ve never had that type of relationship with my mom so it was hard to listen to. I felt bad for my sister bc she’s going through a lot right now and my mom has been sick so I know they each are having a hard time but I just had to get out of there. I can’t deal with drama. I don’t dwell in it or get caught up in it, I just get away from it.

I’m going to go for a jog and clean my brothers house up for him while he’s at work today.

Random thought that has nothing to do with diet or exercise, most know I left my husband at the beginning of November and we are now divorced. There wasn’t any sadness from that marriage ending and I had no desire to get into another relationship right away, I’ve also been advised from a counselor and people who offer unwanted advice not too although I already knew and agreed with this, but my question is……what is a good time frame in your mind to wait it out to know your ready to start talking to someone new? I will soon be working and that will occupy much of my mind and time and I have several things to work towards for me and me alone first I just wanted to get a general opinion bc yes I have worries that I will be judged negatively.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 hi. I think you will know when the time is right to start dating again. Sounds like the marriage was over long before November so don’t worry about what others think. I know of a mom who lost her whole family other than a son in an accident and it it didn’t take long for her to move on and of course her small town had stuff to say about it. She stood up for herself and felt she was doing what she wanted. You and her are both grown women and make your own decisions. Screw what others think.
    @tammymccrady6278 stay strong and do what you can for your son and yourself. I imagine it’s tough to be in your position, but with perseverance and consistency, I’m confident things will work out.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 – Thank you for the postcard…it brightened my day! That cave you and your son climbed to is formidable! Wow! And as far as how long to wait before you go looking for love again, I want to say the same thing to you that I told my middle daughter. Her marriage was “over” about a year ago. First, your marriage didn’t just suddenly end. It has been dying over a long period of time and you’ve already mourned over the loss. Second, it’s no one’s business when you decide. Third, it’s how YOU feel about it. And lastly, It’s your life. Live it on your terms. Hugs.

@tammymccrady6278 – I can’t say that I understand what you’re going through with your son and I won’t placate you with empty words. What I can share, though, is my experience with my sister. She had hit rock bottom due to her poor choices, which ended her career path as a juvenile criminal justice major. It was to the point where I paid her rent and electric and my mom was paying all her other bills. We just couldn’t do it anymore. My therapist talked about tough love and that’s exactly what we had to do. We gave her a 3 month notice that we would no longer pay for anything. She chose not to find a job. So we dropped her off at the homeless shelter (she was a vet, so that did actually help her). She was homeless for a few months, but then she had nowhere to go but up. And she did. Stay strong and come on here as often as you need to. Surrounding you with love, hugs and prayers for your entire family.

Well guys, I have been having a super hard time. I don’t want to blame my bipolar pregnant daughter, but she really exhausts me and tears me down with all her screaming. So I’m going to partially blame her. I cannot wait until baby is here…not just because I want to hold baby Byron, but also so she can get back on her meds. A huge thank you to @19shmoo69 for private messaging me. Darren, you don’t know how much that lifted me up. Thank you, my friend.

No Zero Days logging 2/21/23:
    1. Cook bean/grain: Will do this tonight
    2. Weigh/measure all food: :)
    3. Log all food: :)
    4. 15 minutes activity: Will do this later (after work)
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: :)

2023 Mantra: NO WISHES and Planning = Success!
This discussion has been closed.