Steps:
    2/20- 8,509

Water✔️✔️
    Calories❌❌
    Exercise✔️✔️
  • Tail0rMade22
    Tail0rMade22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great week! I'm struggling to choose healthier options for my meals/snacks even though I am still staying within my CICO limit. Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow for a nice swim!
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I haven't been focused on my journey... getting closer to my drs appointments and I don't think I'll make it to the 180's but..... tomorrow is Lent and my husband and I are going to give up going out to eat! This will be hard but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

I have been doing my vibrating plate 3 times a day...I will be mixing some other strengthing exercises as well...I have a lot of atrophy with my right side and I'm very weak.

See you tomorrow...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,074 Member
    Options
    We have another new member joining our amazing team ...Please welcome @HASWLRS :)
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies?

My name is Michelle, I am a 52 year old mom of two teens (17,19). I live in a small town in California’s north state. I’ve been a mom for so long, I’ve almost forgotten who I am. I enjoy walking by the river, camping and long drives in the country.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I just don’t like how I feel, how I look and I don’t feel like a role model to my family. I want to age with grace, feel strong, pretty and exude confidence

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Anything pastry. The way I avoid them is to not bring them in the house. I am also an emotional eater, when I get angry, I eat because it’s something I can control

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

Diets don’t fit my personality. I track my calories and nutrients like calcium, fiber and macros.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

Bag impact kickboxing and weightlifting

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

I would like to get below 200 pounds this month and reach my goal of 125 in the next 12 months

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

I am expecting to be able to offer support and receive accountability and motivation

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

2/15: 2,259
    2/16: 2,856
    2/17: 3,232
    2:18: 3,508
    2/19: 3,090
    2/20: 4,982
    2/21: 2,580

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Hi Linda. I realize I didn’t weigh in last Friday. I will weigh in this week. My niece passed away, among other things… So we’re trying to figure some family stuff out. I’m just a bit scattered at the moment. Lee
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,595 Member
    Options
    @itladyee
    Welcome! Chicago is somewhere I have always wanted to visit. Maybe just hoping to run into someone from the cast of Chicago fire. lol You have solid March goals.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps:
    2/20- 8,509

Water✔️✔️
    Calories❌❌
    Exercise✔️✔️

Great step day.

Hope everyone is having a great week! I'm struggling to choose healthier options for my meals/snacks even though I am still staying within my CICO limit. Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow for a nice swim!

Snacking is something I am trying to turn around. I cut out potato chips during the week and added fruits and veggies instead. Send me some motivation to go swimming.

Mama530 wrote: »
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies?

My name is Michelle, I am a 52 year old mom of two teens (17,19). I live in a small town in California’s north state. I’ve been a mom for so long, I’ve almost forgotten who I am. I enjoy walking by the river, camping and long drives in the country.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I just don’t like how I feel, how I look and I don’t feel like a role model to my family. I want to age with grace, feel strong, pretty and exude confidence

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Anything pastry. The way I avoid them is to not bring them in the house. I am also an emotional eater, when I get angry, I eat because it’s something I can control

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

Diets don’t fit my personality. I track my calories and nutrients like calcium, fiber and macros.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

Bag impact kickboxing and weightlifting

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

I would like to get below 200 pounds this month and reach my goal of 125 in the next 12 months

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

I am expecting to be able to offer support and receive accountability and motivation

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.

Welcome!
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Hi Linda. I realize I didn’t weigh in last Friday. I will weigh in this week. My niece passed away, among other things… So we’re trying to figure some family stuff out. I’m just a bit scattered at the moment. Lee

Lee, I am so sorry for your loss.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,598
    Sleep: ✔️✔️❌
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️

I have my second mindfulness class(seminar??) this morning. One of our practice during the week was to eat a meal mindfully. We had to pay attention to things like smells, texture, taste, etc. It was an interesting exercise. Being aware of my food slowed me down and I noticed more when I was full as opposed to just eating everything on my plate.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another new member joining our awesome team ...Please welcome @eggharborme :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

I am so sorry for your loss Lee....HUGE hugssssssssssss
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    m4qigbfz6jdh.jpg

FEBRUARY WEEK 3 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @rwillems 60,140 steps
    2nd @Jpedno 59,928 steps
    3rd @Slimmersixties 56,110 steps
    4th @888Angie888 55,777 steps
    5th @FindingSamMon 55,411 steps
    CONGRATS TO OUR TOP 5 :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 359,895 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:

@lindamtuck2018 4/7
    @888Angie888 2/7
    @aactuallyaash 4/7
    @Jpedno 5/7
    @Slimmersixties 5/7
    @rwillems 7/7
    @FindingSamMon 5/7
    @Bluetail6 0/7
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/20 - 2,137

Water✔️✔️✔️
    Calories❌❌❌
    Exercise✔️✔️❌

Tuesday was a super low-energy day for me. I think I've been running myself ragged the past couple of weeks and finally stopped. I believe exercising has been helping to boost my mood and energy, but being a single mom with 2 kids and an elderly parent to care for sometimes catches up.

Today, I'm well-rested and ready to meet my goals! I'm hoping that the fact I've been keeping active in general will help combat some of the calorie increases this week.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Sorry for your loss Lee xxxx
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps so far this week:

Sun 2/19 12,059
    Mon 2/20 8,508
    Tue 2/21 13,755
    Wed 2/22 12,881

My goal weight is in sight, so mega motivated to move!!!
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    MSWarrior

SW 265
    PW 196.2
    CW 194.6

Glad to see this ... unfortunately 193.8 was my lowest a couple of weeks ago.. getting closer then 180's 🤞🙏

Today I'm doing my fasting during Lent...Ash Wednesday.... hopefully I'll get focused and get back on track... here's to 40 days without eating out!!
    Prayers would be appreciated....lol

• Tail0rMade22
    Tail0rMade22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Snacking is something I am trying to turn around. I cut out potato chips during the week and added fruits and veggies instead. Send me some motivation to go swimming.

I definitely need to get a handle on the snacking. When I try to eat vegetables I always make it unhealthy because I'm wanting to dip it in ranch or something lol. The struggle is real!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    That "Join" button was hard to find....

Hi, I'm Lisa, 56, married for 31 years with two grown sons. I live in Tillsonburg, Ontario. When I was searching out a team, I noticed there were a few others from this same province on Downsizers so that is how I made my choice. I have just attempted to take control of my life recently, so I hope I haven't overreached by saying I will be part of a team! Highest weight ever, no exercise, using food as a distraction. Actively avoiding happiness and killing myself slowly when both health and happiness are within my own grasp....nothing physical is stopping me. I have a wonderful husband, but if I don't turn this around soon it will begin to impact our relationship. Obviously there is a void in my life, but filling it with food is not the answer. Instead I want to use myfitnesspal and team Downsizers to start filling that void.

Wow! What a downer post! Anyways...I just wanted to let you know that I am here, and I hope I stick this out and don't become an instant disappointment to the team.
This discussion has been closed.