Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Happy February guys! 2023 is flying by!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope all is well with you.

I see it is a balmy 27 degrees F back home in CT. We are sitting at 73 degrees F and mostly sunny down here in Florida.

@KateNkognito stay warm!!

One more full day today and a half day tomorrow, then heading back home. Meeting going well but looking forward to being back home!

Have a great day!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Still cold. Finally February! January was the longest three months of my life. Still need a snow day, but it's supposed to warm up next week. Maybe the week after?
    Enjoy the warm weather and safe travels home, Meghan!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thursday is here! Also known as Friday Eve! LOL Can't wait to hop on a plane and get home tonight. :)

Have to say it has been a good meeting and everybody has enjoyed the food, the hotel, and the overall positive vibe. This meeting is a labor of love in a way, it can be crazy but good at the same time.

Hope you are well, @KateNkognito! I am going home to the COLD. 24 degrees F at the moment there. Sheesh.

Have a good day and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was actually a pretty good day. A few strategic absences made all the difference. Plus I have cracked down on my naughty class.
    Glad your meeting has gone well, @Meghan509! It is supposed to be almost 60 here this weekend. Take that, Phil! :D (but I'm still hoping for a snow day. )
    Have a lovely Friday!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Friday! WOO HOO!

Made it back safely with no flight issues yesterday evening. So nice to be back HOME! Got my heavy sweatshirt on today as it is a balmy 22 degrees F today and same planned for tomorrow with a wind chill of a don't go there. :o

Going to head out soon to get some dinner stuffs for the next two nights. Otherwise we are planning to stick around home until Sunday when we are due to get back to the 40's F. Sheesh!

Woo hoo @KateNkognito break out the shorts! Hope your weekend is nice. Keep those kids in check! ;)

Hope everybody has a good weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    "with a wind chill of a don't go there." :D@Meghan509 , that's just funny! Enjoy your time inside this weekend. That's what we did last weekend.
    Today was a day that is the reason I would never recommend someone become a teacher. No details, but when you don't teach your child what "no" means, bad things happen for everyone.
    I had pizza and ice cream and I am SO glad it is the weekend.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

LOL @KateNkognito I am glad you enjoy my humor! And yes it was a "do not go there"! We stayed in most of the day. Ran a quick errand or two, but that's it! Phew!
    Sorry to hear about those kids. Honestly sounds like poor parenting is causing those kids to be mean and misbehaved to you and your colleagues. Sending hugs! <3

Back to the 40's F Sunday and onwards. I can deal with 40's!

Normal week on tap, work wise. I got this! See you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was a beautiful day, weather-wise. Supposed to get a front through later in the week, but right now I have the doors open to clear out the man-stink. (Teenagers are whiffy)

This weekend my husband's cousin came over and helped him fix his truck, the outlet in the living room, and our dryer. Fun times!

A couple of late evenings this week for school stuff. Next week is short, though.
    Have a lovely week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Sounds good, @KateNkognito nice to have the windows open! Right now we are sitting at 32 degrees F and sunny here. Rain coming tonight, but shouldn't affect my commute.

I have to say ever since Jan. 1 the traffic has been better. Not great but better. Takes me approximately 30-35 minutes to get in. That's ten miles but right on lovely I-95 the artery of the east coast. :)

Short week coming for us too! We are closed for President's Day on Monday, February 20.

The other day I booked flights to Fort Myers, Florida to visit with my Dad and family the week of March 6. Dad has stage four esophageal cancer that is now in his liver. He has chosen not to do chemo, so we have six months left with him, give or take. :( My Dad has been trying to rebound from when he had the same cancer in 2021 and he is very thin and getting most of his nutrients via feeding tube. I understand why he has chosen to not do chemo. My boss has given me the okay to work remotely as needed from Florida. That is a relief so I don't have to burn as much vacation time. I can save it for when I really need it. Or for when Dad gets sicker and I need to be there to help out, etc.

Well, let me get back to it. Have a good day and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Sorry to hear that about your dad. Glad you will be able to save your time off, though. You and your family are still on my prayer list.
    Today was a pretty good day. Kids did ok. However, I had a "things you never thought you'd say, and then you became a teacher" moment: No, you cannot carry your clothes basket around from class to class. Take it to the student center. If your clothes get dirty, you can drop them in your basket on the way past. :D
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thank you, @KateNkognito I appreciate that. <3

I had a nice chat with my Aunt and she said that the family is planning different weeks of when we will be down there to visit with Dad. He has really enjoyed seeing everybody. So neat that our family is all coming together to do whatever they can to make his last bit of time enjoyable.

LOL at the things you thought you would never say to a student?! :D

I decided to work remotely today since my manager and a lot of other senior staff are out of town. Wouldn't you know that by 9:10am two different people had IM'd me to tell me that the upstairs coffee machine was out of order?! Grumble grumble. Had to put in a service ticket and hope that one of my colleagues who is in today can let the service tech in. Sigh... :s

Other than that, the day is going pretty well. Productive but not crazy. No traffic WHOOT!

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    13 hour day. Another one tomorrow. But I got to talk to parents and almost made a kid cry. At least the food was good.
    @Meghan509 Glad you have family to help out. It makes all the difference when there are lots of people to be there for someone. I laughed at the coffee machine being broken. :D That is a key piece of equipment!
    Off to sleep. Have a great end of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Back in the office physically today and wouldn't you know that the upstairs coffee machine is still down!? UGH. LOL @KateNkognito
    Today I put a sign up that says "Service called twice, sorry for the inconvenience. Use downstairs machine, etc.". Sigh. Planning to call again mid day if I have not heard anything. Of course stuff has to go wrong because this is the week when I am the only Assistant holding down the fort. One of my colleagues is traveling on business and the other is on vacation. Ahhhh such is life!

Traffic was not bad today. Got in a little early. Supposed to be 56 degrees F tomorrow and sunny! Woo hoo! If we can just sort of coast through winter I am happy!

Have a good day and see you soon. Keep those kids and parents in check, Kate. :smiley:
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Kids were funny today. However, a second 14 hour day has me feeling like a zombie. Off to bed. @Meghan509 Isn't that just always how it goes?
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Friday! Hope you have a nice and relaxing weekend @KateNkognito!

Friday update - the coffee machine should be repaired today! LOL Phew. Would love for people to stop asking me when it will be fixed. :s

Any fun plans for the big game on Sunday PM? I don't have a dog in the fight, so I will be there for our homemade nachos. LOL Just the two of us. Relaxing weekend with no plans on tap.

Not too much happening today at work, which is fine by me. Working remotely. Sunny and 55 degrees F at the moment and it is not even 10:00am Eastern yet!

Hope you have a good day and a great weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    This weekend is going to be so nice! Our dog only likes the Super Bowl for the snacks. :D
    @Meghan509 Glad the machine is fixed! That's what is important in life. It's the little things, like today the bookkeeper came in with a big box of pencils, highlighters and dry erase markers. It was like Christmas. :)
    Today would have been a really good day except I did a dumb. I broke the end of my little finger smashing it in a stapler. Glad there weren't any kids in earshot. They would have learned some new vocabulary words. :o
    Have a great weekend! Go team!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

LOLOL at the dog @KateNkognito! She knows good eats! Awww, how nice that the book keeper hooks up the teachers. I know budgets are very tight and a lot of teachers have to go in to their personal funds to get what they need. Heart breaking.
    Sorry about your finger! OUCH. Hope you feel better and it is not too bad.

Yes, that machine was going to start giving me nightmares. LOL

I didn't have a dog in the fight, but I am happy for Pat Mahomes. Seems like a decent guy and a good QB. Nachos came out fab. Lots of left overs!

Hope you have a good day. Productive Monday going well so far.

Happy Valentine's day for tomorrow!! <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It was a Monday, but not too Monday. Weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse starting tomorrow.
    Dog decided on a Mexican food spread for the Super Bowl. Smart old dog. I was born in the Kansas City area, so I was rooting for them. Mostly, I was watching the commercials, though.
    @Meghan509 Our bookkeeper went on a angry spending spree, so we got to benefit. :) He's a good guy. I spend money on things that I want to be mine and go with me if I were to move schools. Otherwise, the bookkeeper hooks me up.
    Off to shower and sleep and repeat again tomorrow. Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

That is nice, @KateNkognito I would have been rooting for KC too, if I were you! I know what you mean about the commercials. They were pretty good this year!

LOL at the book keeper! I just can't believe how expensive office supplies and such can be. Ordered a basic black toner cartridge for our printer at the office and it came to $155 USD! I work for a large corporation. How do the little guys do it?

The weather has been unseasonably warm for February. I just can't get over it. Supposed to be close to 60 degrees F Wednesday and Thursday. I see a few snow showers and two inches or so of snow in the calendar for Thursday, February 23 which is still a ways away. We will see how it pans out.

Looking forward to a holiday this Monday. No big plans here. Just relaxing and maybe visiting my BF's parents for a day.

Have a good day. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Just another manic Monday on a Tuesday. So tired this evening. Have a good one!