MARCH 2023 CHALLENGES - 03/01 -- 03/31

Options

Replies

• kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Went out for St. Patty's with friends...I behaved! Lol!

g127d8u4jdyg.jpg
    9cz6afxwa62w.jpg
    ocmfz81dmkho.jpg
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Planning on doing a family walk before Bellas therapy appointment today....need to move more! This week was so busy I didn't get much done in the way of fitness ;(

Karen
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,270 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Love the pictures, Karen!!
    I got my blood draw done bright and early this morning and was going to sit and read because I had no ambition, :o then...dun...dun...dun...the mail lady delivered our Comcast bill. Well, I just had to write a check, put on my walking shoes and walk it to the post office. :D I got 6.51 miles done in 121 mins. I'm happy!
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Great walking Chris!!!

I wound up squeezing in 2 walks...got some major steps in. It was chilly, but sunny...so worked out great!

Today is going to be cold...so not sure I will walk outside...but let's see....

Happy Sunday!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    Good squeezing, Karen!!
    I got 5.45 miles done in 106 mins this afternoon. The weather people said it was going to rain all day long...I made soup this morning then I was thinking I would read for the rest of the day...BUT NO!!!! the weather people told fairy tales and it stopped raining before I was done with the soup!! I had no excuse to sit on my fanny the rest of the day. I put my shoes on and went out there...HOWEVER, it was drizzling for a few mins. I almost returned home but I kept going...felt good when I got home.
    The kids came over for dinner and everyone played with Ronan and held Collin. It was so fun!!
    Ronan is on Spring Break all week, but I'll still go over to help Sara in the morning.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,851 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Chris you had me laughing reading about those fairy telling weather folks.

Beautiful smile as always Karen. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

Thanks Paula. I was surprised to find Ravenclaw had come in first. Usually my team is deadlast.

My internet has been horrible. No emails all weekend! I did manage to get the ceiling finished though. No more popcorn in my house! Eating too much at night. And still trying to be consistent in my workouts.

Shell

• cpanus
    Options
    Had a little bit of Collin Duty this morning then a 60 min workout w/my trainer. Reading now.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,227 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I will be pausing my gym membership for awhile. My mom has to have surgery very soon. Her brain MRI was problematic. They are not sure if it’s damage from radiation treatment or a tumor. They gave us three options and my mom chose surgery. I’m a little nervous but my siblings and I will support my mother’s decision.

In the meantime I will workout at home as much as possible. It helps my depression and gives me something to do. One bit of good news is my oldest sister is coming home from Dubai for good very soon. My mom is happy and I’m ecstatic. I’ll have some help with Mom.

Please keep me and especially my mom in your prayers. We don’t have an official surgery date yet but I believe it will be within the next two weeks.

I will stay in touch my friends.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    March 31 Goal weight: 166.2

Feb 28 ending weight - 170.2
    Mar 1 - 170.8
    Mar 8 - 170.6
    Mar 15 - 171.0 (wrong direction)
    Mar 22 - 171.6 (ugh)
    Mar 31 -

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Kathy, sending you and your mom my good thoughts and love. I hope everything goes well.
    Our housekeeper came today so after my Collin Duty, I cleaned the house!! bwahahah...that's a joke, by the way!!
    It rained again today. We ended up with a terrible ceiling leak with the last big storm and I could hear the rain this morning in the ceiling. We've had two guys come out and look. I'll let you know what happens.
    Man! I miss summer!!
    Ronan has blood draws tomorrow and they will come over with donuts after he's done. Told him I wanted old fashion donuts. He laughed at me and said something about me being old fashion...hummmm!! :D
    I have my trainer after donuts. :o
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I am happy your sister is moving back. Family should be close. Wishing your mother the best. I will keep her in my prayers. You must continue to work out at home. It is good for the soul.

Chris I love how you clean house. Rain and flooding is becoming a serious issue.

Worked late again.

Shell
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Kathy,

Sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing so well.She's lucky to have you all rallying around her.I understand the pausing of the membership.We are here to support you with working from home! Sending prayers ;)

I've been doing a decent job exercising this week.I've done a weight training twice already which is really good for me.I need to get these arms stronger!

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Options
    See what happens when I move and eat better? LOL...

Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    3/7 - 172.3
    3/17 - 174.3
    3/22 - 170.8
    March goal - 165
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies. I appreciate your kind words. Headed to a doctor’s appointment myself this morning. My niece is with mom.

I’m going to use the rest of this month to start working on Shelley’s April challenge. If think that will be my go to for cardio and strength. And of course I have my recumbent bike me.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Kathy, I hope your doctor's appt went well. I have mine on the 29th...ugh!
    Karen, great job with the workouts!
    Shelley, sorry about the late working stuff. Just so you know, I was invited back to the District Office on Special Assignment to help fix the mess my old boss left. The new boss should have gotten the job my old boss got years and years ago, but management was dumb in their brains!!! I kindly declined...I have too much going on and too many books to read.
    Ronan had a blood draw this morning, and they brought over donuts when he was finished. It was a blast! I am so sugared up!
    Got a 60 min workout done w/my trainer this afternoon.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I am so glad you will be with me on the April Challenge. It is an improve as you go. No knocking yourself out. Maybe your sister will join you when she arrives.

Chris I remember how much you detested that old boss. Horrid person.

Karen I am so happy for you. Getting in workouts is always such a great feeling.

Hoping to get off work on time tonight. Yes I am typing at work. :wink:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Last night I did our old challenge Chris. 40 JJ's, 20 squats, 3 of them things we must not name, 10 pushups and 30 mountain climbers. 60 if I count them the way Chris does. :wink:

I went online and made some new plant purchases. I first replace a RED bleeding heart that I lost years ago. And purchased another of the red clematis. I only have the one plant and I want it to spread faster. And then I bought a pink rose. It can tolerate some shade, is not a grafted rose, has huge blooms and gets 5 feet tall. Oh and is slightly fruity scented.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Kathy,

Wishing hugs galore for you mom; and gobs of loving heart vibrations.

Much love,
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, way to get it done...even the one thing we must not name and the 60 mountain climbers!! I wish the plants I got online grew to my expectations...but nooooo!! :s
    I got 6.16 miles done in 116 mins to the post office and back in the cold wind and dark clouds.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    We have eye doctor appointments this morning. I'm getting new glasses!! Last year I picked out two frames...I was told they were wide for my face...didn't listen...they were sliding down my nose all year long!!!! EGADS!!!
    I have my trainer at noon for 60 mins. No Collin Duty is planned for today but we'll see.
    Chris