Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 631 Member
    @kodakslim Good luck with your move! That is always hard work!

@SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh Ins

PW: 147.2

CW 146.4

Steps

3/23 17,711

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 599 Member
    Well, I got my bone density results back and no changes from the last 1, so I continue taking my supplements. And I've got a call into the endocrinologist. I want some answers now!!
    I hope you get those answers soon.
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 235 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 195.2
    CW: 194.2
    LTD: 12.8

I've been focusing on reducing added sugar and eliminating alcohol unless I'm in a social setting. I've also recommited to not eating after 8:30pm, when I tend to snack mindlessly.

I'm going on a 60 mile charity ride tomorrow so my challenge will be to maintain cravings after the ride, as I tend to get ravenous after long rides.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,916 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 3/21: 10,558
    Wed 3/22: 10,768
    Thu 3/23: 11,340
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown
    March week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday, March 24
    PW: 238.4
    CW: 239.9 ( gained 1.5 lbs; 0.63%)
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 223.5
    CW: 227.5
    :s
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
    Bearchested

I'm going on a 60 mile charity ride tomorrow so my challenge will be to maintain cravings after the ride, as I tend to get ravenous after long rides.

Good luck on your ride! Which charity are you supporting? Is there a website where we can donate?
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 223.5
    CW: 227.5
    :s

Hey there! This is odd for you...are you having an issue with swelling or something? You usually only alter your weigh-ins by a half pound at most! Let me know if there's something going on or if you're using a different scale, etc...if you need to re-weigh tomorrow, feel free to message me and let me know.
    Jessica
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 220 Member
    pedal__power
    PW: 197.6
    CW: 199.6

Steps:
    3/22 15,368
    3/23 16,019

I successfully tracked and stayed on target for calories 4 out of the past 7 days. I haven't been so good at tracking on weekends, so I'll aim to do that this weekend.

I've been feeling very tired from work so I took today off and went for a lovely walk at the dog park this morning.

Have a good weekend!
  • jessicakrall8
    Steppers, please look at the chart and post your steps...missing four people for some days from last week. Thanks!

Missing 6 weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @vanzeem15 x2
    @TexanMom8152
    @ac204
    @kcpond
    @KHill875
    @cre804

Appreciate your prompt postings...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    So sorry, I really thought I had posted - hit another milestone - 35lbs gone

TexanMom8152
    Weigh Day Tuesday
    PW 220.8
    CW 219.6
    pwg70yhtm5o5.jpg

WOW @TexanMom8152 and how good does THAT feel??

3 things that are different now than 35 pounds ago?!! GO!

I am so proud of you! CONGRATS!!
    Jessica :blush:
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 235 Member
    Bearchested

Good luck on your ride! Which charity are you supporting? Is there a website where we can donate?
    Jessica

Thanks! It's called Just Ride for a Just Cause, and it supports victims of human trafficking. https://www.justrideforajustcause.org/
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,933 Member
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 216.4
    CW: 217.0
  • Pupowl
    Here is the card for today. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    q8lr4ks5fo5e.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,446 Member
    Steps
    3/22 3,534
    3/23 3,618
    3/24 6,116

Another Saturday- another winter storm
    5-8+ in of snow all day today - no walking outside today or going anywhere - Spring is not coming anytime soon
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 992 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 140.2
    CW 139.8
    My steps
    3/18 13,501
    3/19 3,755
    3/20 12,886
    3/21 15,340
    3/22 11.643
    3/23 19,395
    3/24 16,017
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 229
    CW 223.2

@Pupowl great weigh in considering the routine challenges.
    @LaurieWrobo we are just starting to get into early spring temps and have ice rain / rain/ ice rain/ rain today. Yuck! Come on spring .
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 631 Member
    @bearchested - love the cause! And it’s in Houston too! Enjoy!

I will donate too as soon as I get some internet or cell service. Got back to houston yesterday and the internet is down at the house as well as the cell booster, I only have 1 bar. Ughhh. You get so dependent on technology.

I too get starving after a hard workout. It’s a real struggle.
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Nataliewr0403
    Saturday
    PW 134.8
    CW 135.0

Well, I was hoping to drop a couple of pounds before vacation but this scale is not moving. One more weigh in, let’s see what happens this week.

• CasandraW
    https://fitbod.me/ny23/

Free 14 day trial of the workout app I use if anyone is interested.
    I don’t get any kickbacks if people use it.
  • Pupowl
    @izzyred9400
    Are your steps for the 19th really 3.755? I am guessing you forgot the 1 in the front there, but just checking. :)
    @CasandraW
    Thank you, I hope to go back to 'normal' again tomorrow. You had an awesome loss!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 365 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 199.0
    CW 200.0

Not happy with the direction of the scale! We spent about a week eating out every day and I was so bloated when we got back home. And I have been assembling a care package for a college student so there are too many treats around, and I’m not handling that well. My plan is to bag up the extras and give them to my next door neighbor with three kids. I really have to focus on the mental part of eating properly because that seems to be my downfall at the moment.

I’ll finally be meeting with my orthopedist on Wednesday to see what the next steps will be with my bum knee. I had a pretty good day, knee-wise yesterday, but it comes and goes. I miss being able to walk in the park, especially now that spring has arrived so I know something needs to be done, sooner or later.

I’m not where I want to be, but I appreciate this group because without it, there’s a good chance I would have given up by now!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,457 Member
    edited March 2023
    @cre804 - I had a similar week with too much eating in restaurants with higher calorie meals and portions than I typically eat at home. You’re so right about the group support keeping us from giving up entirely. It’s taking time for me to build better habits but it’s better to stay engaged so I can reflect on unhealthy habits and routines. Change is hard but possible. We might gain one pound in the short-term but the long-term matters more. Your idea of giving the leftover care package items to your neighbor sounds good. I should probably send a package or card to my sons at college, too. I appreciate the motivation you provided with your post. Thanks for sharing and hang in there!

BTW - Does anyone have ideas about what I can send to my adult sons who are away at college?

I want to let them know I’m thinking about them while also keeping the items healthy because they are also trying to eat healthier now that they are moving less. @cre804’s experience is really making me think about what to send. My mother and maternal grandmother often showed their love by cooking for us and sharing food. Many of the ‘special’ gifts involved sweets and baked goods. I’m thinking about sending a gift card for gas, and beef jerky for my younger son who likes it, but my older son doesn’t have a car in the city. So, I hope to get some ideas.
  • jessicakrall8
    Bearchested

Jessica

Thanks! It's called Just Ride for a Just Cause, and it supports victims of human trafficking. https://www.justrideforajustcause.org/

Thanks for the link @bearchested and I made a donation, but there wasn't anywhere to list that I was donating to support you, so sorry about that, but at least it will support the cause. Good luck in the ride!! Stay strong!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,457 Member
    @CasandraW - The app you shared has lots of positive reviews. Thanks for sharing the information. I need a group to keep me accountable so I really admire people who are more self-motivated! Keep up the good work!
  • jessicakrall8
    Hey y'all! Happy #Caturday!

It is a lovely day here in Virginia...gonna hit 80 today, but got my exercise in before the heat hits. Might do another walk once the sun goes down this evening or might walk indoors. Will have to see. I am way over on my steps this week but I've really enjoyed my vacation and was active every day.

Got several things accomplished around the house, but still need to hire a plumber to come and look at a slow-draining sink and my pedestal sink that has a leak (just not using it currently). I'm trying to get some recommendations so I don't get ripped off...and I'm saving up the money for it. My new washer comes on Apr 5th so I'm excited about that. Once I then replace my dryer in a few months, my whole house will have new appliances, so that should be good for a while. Just got a new air fryer due to the Cosori recall a few weeks ago and it just arrived last week. Talk about missing something...I literally use that EVERY day!

So, what's everyone up to today? I'm thinking about heading out to go donate some books...not sure...might wait until another day. I'm just itching to go do something, but trying not to spend extra money...ya know how that goes!

Enjoy your day! Sorry about the bad weather @LaurieWrobo ! If I could bottle and send you some sunshine, I would!!! Hang in there...Spring is coming...it is just taking it's sweet time. This next week, it's gonna cool down again and will be upper 50s to mid 60s here. I'm ready for 70-80 consistently!

Anyone have an area they need extra work on or a suggestion for next week's group challenge?
  • jessicakrall8
    Hey @frankwbrown !! I've been researching the Garmin watches, as we've discussed...today, I went to check on the Lily Sport (purple) version and found a sale of $150 off the VivoActive 4S in the Rose Gold color combination, which is the one I really wanted, but couldn't afford the $349 price. So, I got it for $199 which was the same price as the Lily Sport, but a much better watch. I'm so excited. This is a gift to myself in celebration of my completion of the 99 mile challenge I announced when I finished a few weeks ago...it should be in sometime this week! I'll let you know once I get registered and you can add me to your friend's list...would love to do some challenges with ya!

Thanks again for all of your information. You helped to make my decision that much easier and it will be nice to get back into challenges again. Can't wait to start collecting badges like you!
  • frankwbrown
    Hey @frankwbrown !! I've been researching the Garmin watches, as we've discussed...today, I went to check on the Lily Sport (purple) version and found a sale of $150 off the VivoActive 4S in the Rose Gold color combination, which is the one I really wanted, but couldn't afford the $349 price. So, I got it for $199 which was the same price as the Lily Sport, but a much better watch. I'm so excited. This is a gift to myself in celebration of my completion of the 99 mile challenge I announced when I finished a few weeks ago...it should be in sometime this week! I'll let you know once I get registered and you can add me to your friend's list...would love to do some challenges with ya!

Thanks again for all of your information. You helped to make my decision that much easier and it will be nice to get back into challenges again. Can't wait to start collecting badges like you!
    Congratulations! You will soon become addicted to "badge chasing". 😂
    I think you'll be quite happy with your decision. Once you've set up your Garmin Connect account, go to Connections, search for Frank Brown, and send me a connect request. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to specify a specific "Frank Brown". Maybe if you follow the following link, it'll give you an option to connect on that page:
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/FrankBrown
  • jessicakrall8
    @frankwbrown Your link was perfect. I clicked to connect you. I won't be able to show any stats until my watch arrives, but I set up my username and profile...

I'll let you know once my watch arrives...hope it's later in the week!
    Thanks again!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.