Username: kcpond
    Thursday
    Previous weight-244.3
    Current weight-245.8
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

@PatriceFitnessPal your son sounds an awful lot like my son! We visited Clemson when we were doing college tours. Robert only wanted to look at SEC schools for the football! We stayed at the school hotel with a golf course and he played a round with an alumni who was so nice. It had a great atmosphere.

IU takes its basketball very seriously and my son's intramural team lost in the championship round. He scored 20 and fouled out. He had a great time! The final four is in Houston and I said he could go if IU gets that far, but he said he'd rather be on campus. I'm thinking of going if UH makes it, but after last night, that's a stretch.

@pedal__power I totally get it! A good sore! Nothing like a long hard run, a shower and the a nap!

@jessicakrall8 Enjoy your vacation!

Steps

3/16 16,113

Friday Weigh In

@SavageMrsMoose

Previous: 152

Today: 147.2

I know I'm dehydrated, so this is probably a little low, but last week was a little high so I'll take it!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    March week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday, March 17
    PW: 236.0
    CW: 238.4 ( gained 2.4 lbs; 1.02%)
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    PW: 194.8
    CW: 195.2
    LTD: 11.8

Went on a 40 mile bike ride Sunday and struggled to get appetite under control early in the week. Plus I took this week off for spring break and I'm not as good with my diet when I'm home.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.5
    CW 199.0

My son popped in town for a day so we went out for Mexican last night. Definitely can feel the sodium today. Now we’re on our way to Houston to help our daughter move, so we will be eating out all weekend. The hotel breakfast buffet will be a challenge. Fresh start on Monday!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 224
    CW: 223.5
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Daily check in ~ March 17
    Steps: 15.754
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a pretty lazy day because I was still tired. I mostly read a lot and listened to music. I need to get my routine fixed again now that my mom is gone, so I plan to do that today. My sleep has been suffering a lot as well. I will try to go to bed early tonight. Happy Saturday everyone <3
  • Pupowl
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 212.9
    CW: 216.4
    Not suprised by this because of birthday stuff. Dinner with dad, lunch with mom, pizza, bigger eating window and I ate very late yesterday with a lot of salt. I hope I can knock this all off again before next weigh in.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Card for today
    5hiin5rqws30.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 139.6
    CW 140.2
    I've had a super frustrating week & it definitely affected my food choices.Luckily I managed to get 4 classes of Dance fit in to maintain my sanity.Sorry I've not been on here much but my home Internet has not been working.I don't have much data on my mobile phone plan so I didn't want to use it too much.I wasted all day Wednesday & half of Thursday waiting for the company to come & fix it.My 2 sons work from home so it's been a pain for them too.
    My rant over ☺️
    I'm glad you had a lovely birthday @Pupowl & belated Birthday wishes to you.You had fun with your visitors & some treats are allowed.Im sure you will get back on track soon.
    @jessicakrall8 Congratulations on your great walking achievement GO GIRL 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️
    I hope you have a good rest after a stressful couple of weeks at work & enjoy your vacation.I'm sorry I'm late to add my steps.
    3/11 6,414
    3/12 9,158
    3/13 11,674
    3/14 6,040
    3/15 11,575
    3/16 21,415
    3/17 15,982
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 225.8
    CW 229
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @CasandraW - I appreciate your encouraging words about my rowing training but the erg kicks my butt, too! At the beginning of the workout, I doubt if I’ll make it through the full piece, but I guess the coach believes in us more than we believe in ourselves.

To me, the rowing machine is worth the torture because it really helps me improve my technique on the water and builds my stamina, but the workout is always tough for me. So, I’ve moved from hating it to appreciating it, but I don’t think I’ll ever love it. In fact, there’s a funny t-shirt about our relationship with the erg:

rcouczje6uhb.png
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Good morning yall. Sunny and cold here in the Missouri leadbelt. So I did some bodyweight exercises today. It ft good to get some movement in besides walking.

@jessicakrall8 , I will have to delay my weighin a couple days. I've got a dexa scan early Monday 90 minutes away. It's gonna be a really long day.
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    To me, the rowing machine is worth the torture because it really helps me improve my technique on the water and builds my stamina, but the workout is always tough for me.
    I got an Aviron and I have to say that I am addicted to that machine. There is where I catch up with my tv shows LOL. And if I am not feeling like a hard workout I just do a leisure row thru some amazing views.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options

@CasandraW - I’ve been meaning to check in with you about your health appointments. I hope your dentist/ oral surgeon was able to treat your broken tooth and your pain has subsided. We’re you able to get some relief?

I apologize for the delay in responding to the message you posted after your birthday trip (see below). I read everything you shared and it seems that many of the stress-induced problems are interrelated. Relationships are so complex! It must be difficult to bear witness to your child’s distress.

I’m guessing you’re experiencing secondary trauma — it’s really encouraging to see that you are finding ways to cope and working to address the underlying symptoms of your teeth grinding and thyroid problems.

I can definitely relate at a more surface level and admire your strength in managing the long term commitment that your child’s care requires. Our bodies aren’t equipped to handle the constant urgency (due to imminent danger), intensity, and frequency of crises that young people are facing these days! It’s such a challenge to meet the widespread need for health and mental health services— while also working to prevent problems and build resilience so we can deal with them better.

I wish I could lend more support to you. I could send some resources but you already seem to have the information and knowledge needed so I get the feeling that it’s more helpful for us to be ‘present’ here with you. If there is a specific topic or response that would fit better, please don’t hesitate to let me know. ❤️‍🩹

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Good morning yall. Sunny and cold here in the Missouri leadbelt. So I did some bodyweight exercises today. It ft good to get some movement in besides walking.

@jessicakrall8 , I will have to delay my weighin a couple days. I've got a dexa scan early Monday 90 minutes away. It's gonna be a really long day.

@Armygirlarmyof1 Just remember to weigh in by the end of the week...good luck on your scan! Thanks for letting us know.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all...only got a half mile walk in this morning as I slept in for once! Also, I'm doing some cleaning around the house, so that's keeping me moving...way over halfway to my daily step goal already. Gonna lie down for a bit after carrying loads of water for a half hour...my washer broke and of course, it was full at the time. I've ordered a new one, but it won't arrive for a few weeks so my neighbor will be running a few loads for me in the meantime.

Hope everyone has an awesome Saturday!

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.