Major March Motivation thread

k8richly
k8richly Posts: 266 Member
Its March 1 ladies, let's do this spring thing right! Join the new thread and share, inspire and motivate!

I dared to step on the scale this morning after my week of heavy meals and no workouts. Sigh. Here we go:

49yrs old / 5'3"
CW: 132.5lbs
GW: 125lbs but strong and flexible

Goals for March: play soccer and ball hockey each 1x week, bootcamp (weights/HIIT) 2x week, run once on weekend, log my food precisely, no alcohol or cheese for March.

Longer term goals: sign up for a May run (5km or 10km?). Running will get me in shape for summer outdoor soccer and makes my dog happy!

What are your goals?

Replies

• spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    @k8richly - Thanks for setting up March. And thanks for the Major Motivation!

59 yo, 5'7"
    SW (12/2022) 160
    CW (as of 2/27) 151.6
    GW 139 (or thereabouts)
    Goals for March: Stick to my 10K training plan. Get under 150. Start pilates class. Continue yoga and regular home strength workouts.

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Thanks @k8richly!!! Ready to go and motivated.

Current weight - 124.4
    GW - this month - 120 (a bit optimistic)
    UGW range - 115-118 (maybe too low - fam said I was too skinny)

Lost almost 3 in Feb so thinking with real discipline I can do 4!

Daily Strategy - no meat, 10k steps daily, no processed sweets.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 724 Member
    March:
    Early 60s, 5'-8" (ish)
    SW (02.10.22) - 150 lbs
    Last Month's SW - 134.6 (02.01.23)
    CW - 134.0 (03.01.23)
    March GW - 130.0 (possibly lower)
    Final GW - 125 lbs (or may possibly stop at 130, depending on how I feel and look)

My weight was a little lower the middle of last month, but I got a bit lazy with the gym routine and with sticking to my eating plan.
    Thanks @k8richly for the March thread - my birthday is this month, so I'm definitely motivated in a major way to reach my goal!!
  • Dici30
    Dici30 Posts: 19 Member
    Age 46/5'6
    CW: 130
    GW: 122

I abandoned my fitness routine one year ago following a running injury and it's time to get back on the horse. I'm ready to get strong again and gift myself that daily sense of accomplishment. It's March, it's Spring, it's time!
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Height: 5'8"
    SW: 160
    End of month GW: 153.5

3/2: 155.3
    3/9:
    3/16:
    3/23:
    3/30:
  • spl8
    @SherryRueter - My condolences. I'm glad he had the company of his loved ones as he passed, but it doesn't make it any less hard for the people left behind. Go easy on yourself.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @SherryRueter - I am so so sorry to hear this. Was wondering where you were. My deepest condolences. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort. 🙏🏽
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,825 Member
    I was crushed, not gonna lie. It was super shocking for all of us. You know that its impactful when your husband cries because his wife, his brother-in-law and mother-in-law. My daughter flew in from Tennesee to be there for the funeral. It doesn't help that 4 months earlier my brother in law passed because of a tractor hydrolic going out. Its been quite a winter.
    Thank you all. Yes, that's what happened to me.

I'm listening to mindset, and health-esteem as well as reading a book my sister in law gave me on grief. <3
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited March 2023
    @SherryRueter I'm so sorry to hear you lost your father. I hope you and your family can find the comfort you all need and deserve. Sending warm hugs to you <3
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Hi @Dici30 welcome to the group!
  • katemcd495
    katemcd495 Posts: 36 Member
    Age 40
    Height: 5'8
    CW: 152
    End of March goal 148

Daily goal: Keep alternating cardio and strength workouts x5/week and log meals every day.

Longer term goal: I want to do a section hike of the AT while visiting colleges with my oldest next year.
  • k8richly
    @SherryRueter my condolences and hugs to you and your whole family. ❤️ You were absolutely right to go and I hope you see how right it was that you were there with him and with your mom at the end. Things aren't easy now but closure and healing will come. Hugs and prayers to you.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    @SherryRueter: my sincere condolences to you and your family. It is good that you were there at his side, this will bring you comfort - if not now, then in the future. Know that we are here if you want to vent.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    @k8richly: thank you for starting the March thread right after coming back.

As for me, my goals are:

* 340.000 steps
    * continue to read Becks flashcards -I've installed an app to remind me every day
    * 2 fitness sessions / week
    * 1 PT session every 2 weeks: my therapist tries to stretch out our visits to the max as my shoulder is still not healed, but my health insurance will stop covering the costs now (after 96 sessions, this seems reasonable to me). She gave me some stretch exercises to do daily at home, so that is a new goal. I will also need to focus on doing those dreaded push-ups as strength in my left arm is still an issue.
    * Lose a bit: from 74 (163 lbs) to 72,5 (160 lbs) - which is almost to goal weight ! I intend to be at goal weigh mid April
    * Diving and bicycle rides according to weather

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    My (posting late) Weigh in for this week..

44, F, 5' 7"
    GW: 128-135(ish - TBD)
    SW 01-2023: 157.6
    3/1/23: 152
    Goals for March - maintain what I've been doing, but pay better attention to the details. I've got a personalized planner I ordered coming (hopefully) soon so I can have a centralized place for all my notes and to better track my various to-do lists. Also to make serious headway on all my race prep - would like to be able to hit the track starting in April.
  • mandycat_florida
    mandycat_florida Posts: 60 Member
    One of my March goals was to keep a closer eye on how much I spend on groceries. The February total was a shocker, given I buy zero junk food and keep processed items to a minimum. I got off to an ambiguous start on March 1st by submitting an online Costco order for $189 worth of fish. To be sure, that's $60 off the regular Costco price and it's for 26 servings of high quality boneless/skinless mahi mahi, individually shrink wrapped and flash frozen. But still: $189, yowsa!!! I've been meaning to eat less meat and more fish; hopefully I don't start growing gills.
  • spl8
    @mandycat_florida - Mahi-mahi is so good for you, and that's a great price. Groceries are very expensive these days, but sticking to high quality real food will make you feel you're getting your money's worth.
  • k8richly
    49yrs old / 5'3"
    SW: 145lbs in 2019
    GW: 125lbs but strong and flexible or maybe 120lbs?

Mar 1: 132.5lbs
    Mar 5: 132.4lbs

Basically no scale change but I've been active to the point of being sore (in a good way) and so I think this is just water retention as my body adjusts to my workouts again. It might be my imagination but I can see muscle definition returning already in just one week. 💪 Even if its not true, it keeps my motivated!

We got a huge dump of 20cms of snow yesterday and my husband would usually run the snowblower but he's sick. So I did 2hrs of shoveling by hand and still didn't completely finish. It was an awesome workout but my forearms and wrists are now screaming at me (its hard to type! 😆). The good news is that my back, legs, shoulders etc are all fine which means they are strong. I'm grateful to be fit and healthy enough to be able to do these things!

I love all our goals - from eating more fish to hiking (my favourite!!) and racing in April! Also, frankly, just keeping up our routines and holding ourselves together while we deal with family drama, eldercare, toddler care is awesome. We are amazing!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @k8richly! “A” to the “MEN”. So true. We’re all hanging in there and doing our best even with all our other life circumstances!

I do my exercise and get my 10k steps but so love most doing the work you did - shoveling, gardening, etc. if my hoarder dad would let me do some cleaning I’d be at my goal weight in 5 minutes! 😃

I’ll officially be on a statin once I pick up my meds today. Ugh. Doc said I need it - even if I stopped meat altogether. Thanks genetics! 😡

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday!