March Mindfulness Challenge 2023

Options
13»

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,976 Member
    Options
    I had my podiatrist appointment this afternoon .........4th surgery happening on Friday the 31st at 8am.. I really hope this is the last one ...I am soooo over it ... I can't wait to heal up start PT and be able to walk my 2 dogs ... I broke my ankle and tore my tendons and ligaments on 10/8/22.... it has been a very lonnnnnnnnnnng road
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @LifeChangz I do about 15 +/- 3 net carbs per Day. I don't seem to have a keto flu period. Not sure why I never did but that's ok with me to not feel bad. Stuck with that low of net carbs for a year but now hard to get back to it on a steady basis again.
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    that's great @swimmom_1 ~ that you don't get the flu factor. the keto flu is a major reason it's hard for me to get started... i know what's coming - and actually, seems harder to get going/stick with it every time - mental blocks, i 'spose.

-- choosing lower carbs is just 1/2 the equation - releasing 'excess carbs' is the other 1/2... frequency, quantity, favorites, treating... and/or the gazillion reasons we eat extras... i've found the leaving off to be the hard part. hang in & keep practicing ~ you'll find yourself back on a roll again, soon, i hope :)
  • swimmom_1
    Options
    My name is Mary, 65 from Pennsylvania.
    Been MIA for a few months but still logging in everyday since I started MFP 5/14/21. Trying to get back into the swing of posting on my threads I've been in for awhile. 657 continuous days today in a row since I started MFP.

Unfortunately lost my mojo and gained a lot back but not all Thank God! Need to get back on track and focused. I bought a NEW to me, gently used, Commercial PreCor EFX 835 Elliptical. It was delivered the beginning of November, as others here know I wore my previous 10+ year old one out from my extensive workouts. Back up to 150 minutes on my 3 days off per week.

Good to see some familiar names here and glad to see some new ones too!

Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    9/14/20-255 lbs
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs
    4/6/22- 147.6 lbs (107.4 lbs lost) I did NOT have a surgery. Did Keto.
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs
    12/1/22-198 lbs
    1/1/23- 213.4 lbs
    2/1/23- 207.4 lbs
    3/1/23- 201 lbs

3/5/23- 200 lbs Elliptical Thurs, Fri & Sun 150 minutes for just over 10 miles each session. Finally glad to see a drop. I was hoping for Onederland though. Oh well, it's inevitable. Can't complain about 7.4 lbs since 2/1, in 4 1/2
    3/12-23 205 lbs. Too many carbs lately. Elliptical HIIT setting on Friday & today (Babysitting on Sat) 150 minutes each day, just over 10 miles each day.
    3/19/23- 206 lbs. Having trouble keeping my carbs lower as I did before. Elliptical HIIT setting on Thursday, Friday and Sunday 150 minutes each session for 10+ miles each.

3/26/23- 210 lbs :-( Elliptical HIIT setting 150 minutes on Friday & Sunday 10+ miles each day(too many errands & a hair appointment on Saturday)

• LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    j8h6swg3md64.jpg

snow today? again???? so late in the year.

cheers to all of us who choose to keep going - despite the times when it's harder - and the courage to look this in the eye and kick it some more! Have a good week everyone!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    I'm the accident prone member of the family. Fell last week so no activity since and awaiting Dr advice before I can resume my routine. IF is still working quite nicely so I'm happy about that.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    xt2aj5ihq3kg.png

Food was a struggle for me last week. Possibly in part due to lack of prep, but in reality I make a lot of excuses when it comes to food.

I was able to quit smoking almost 11 years ago. I reigned in my spending, got debt free and happily live within my budget now to also save for a rainy day. Why can't I tell myself no when it comes to the food and exercise portion of feeling better?
  • swimmom_1
    Options
    LifeChangz wrote: »
    j8h6swg3md64.jpg

snow today? again???? so late in the year.

I LOVE THE FUNNY PHOTO!! We haven't had much snow this year in PA Several storms missed where I live in South Central PA.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Food was a bit of a struggle for me this week too, @kimberwolf71. I let my husband talk me into donuts, my total weakness. But I’m back in the saddle afterwards. I think I justified the choice by being in a hormone feast phase of my cycle where a few more carbs are encouraged (just not that many). Also, in looking at your checklist, you have a lot of stuff checked off for the week. You won’t be perfect all the time but are you doing better than last week? I’m my own worst critic so I get it!