TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I see some of you have been wondering the status of the group. I know for myself I have been having issues getting into the group threads. Over the last 2 weeks I’ve only been able to get here twice. I have no issues logging into the app itself and logging my food or weight, just when it comes to the group threads. I did send a message to the app support. I was told to delete and reinstall the app. I’ve still had issues. Don’t know if this is why there hasn’t been anything for April yet. Don’t know if anyone else is having these issues either.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise yardwork and spring cleaning minimal exertion.

• Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I see some of you have been wondering the status of the group. I know for myself I have been having issues getting into the group threads. Over the last 2 weeks I’ve only been able to get here twice. I have no issues logging into the app itself and logging my food or weight, just when it comes to the group threads. I did send a message to the app support. I was told to delete and reinstall the app. I’ve still had issues. Don’t know if this is why there hasn’t been anything for April yet. Don’t know if anyone else is having these issues either.

Thank you for that insight Vicky. Hopefully that’s it.
  • Mama530
    Options
    The Belly Flats seem concerned as well. They are trying to find a way to keep this group going.

(Copied from one one their posts)
    The Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge is owned/moderated by:
    group owner: @Serendipity0913, last active Feb 1st, 2021.
    moderator: @Craigo3154. (Craig), last active May 27, 2021.
    moderator: @AB0215. (Ashley), last active Mar 5, 2023.
    moderator: @Krysless2. (Krystal), last active Feb 7, 2023.
    I assume only one of these people can grant the necessary permissions to any additional people
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Bemybestby60
    March Challenge Week 6
    Wednesday weigh in
    Previous weight 185 lbs
    Current weight 185 lbs

I am thinking this challenge is coming to an end without volunteers to carry the torch. I am unable to give my time due to other commitments. I will post for another week.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »
    dnunny70 wrote: »
    Hi there! I was just wondering if anyone can tell us the status of this challenge group. I haven’t seen any results posted in a long time and with no April thread, I’m wondering if this challenge is still alive.

Are there any updates or insights one of the moderators could share with us?

I wondered that, too.

April Week 1
    Dnunny70
    PW 280
    CW 278

@gjaholy33 any update on the status of this challenge group?

Unfortunately the only person who can update is not responding. I'll just say keep on going. I pray all is well 💗
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Maybe take to another platform? Facebook group? I have had issues getting g to the groups as well.

• Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise no
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and slightly over
    Exercise yes walking

I don't see any announcement or discussion for April. I know our challenge would not happen without our dedicated volunteers. I am going to Post here until I hear further.

Exactly correct. I've been pooped after working but I check periodically to make sure I don't missed anything for the team

Gloria, sorry to bug you. Are you able to share any insight in what is going on with this challenge. We know you volunteered a lot of your time. If you could share what you know it would be appreciated.
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Hi there! I was just wondering if anyone can tell us the status of this challenge group. I haven’t seen any results posted in a long time and with no April thread, I’m wondering if this challenge is still alive.

Are there any updates or insights one of the moderators could share with us?

I wondered that, too.

April Week 1
    Dnunny70
    PW 280
    CW 278

@gjaholy33 any update on the status of this challenge group?

Unfortunately the only person who can update is not responding. I'll just say keep on going. I pray all is well 💗

Thanks Gloria. It is appreciated.
  • Mama530
    Options
    Maybe take to another platform? Facebook group? I have had issues getting g to the groups as well.

I’m actually part of a small Facebook accountability group, I can ask the moderator if she’s taking new members if anyone is interested.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Exercise yes walking

I don't see any announcement or discussion for April. I know our challenge would not happen without our dedicated volunteers. I am going to Post here until I hear further.

Exactly correct. I've been pooped after working but I check periodically to make sure I don't missed anything for the team

Gloria, sorry to bug you. Are you able to share any insight in what is going on with this challenge. We know you volunteered a lot of your time. If you could share what you know it would be appreciated.
    The issue is only one person knows how to run c the main challenge and since that person's MIA know one can step up.

Mind you for months the main person has been dealing with family issues and has asked for someone to step up and just learn the ropes to help out. But no one did so here we are now stuck.
  • Bemybestby60
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Exercise yes walking

The issue is only one person knows how to run c the main challenge and since that person's MIA know one can step up.

Mind you for months the main person has been dealing with family issues and has asked for someone to step up and just learn the ropes to help out. But no one did so here we are now stuck.

Thanks Gloria. I was thinking that's what happened. We forget how much work is involved in volunteering. Choices have to made when dealing with one's priorities in life. Wishing her the best. She did an awesome job running our challenge. Let us remember that. Thanks go out to all the other volunteers including yourself.
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise no
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Exercise yes walking

Thank you Gloria. I pray things will be ok for her. It does take a lot of time and work to run this challenge.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    There are similar groups such as https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
    Hope the person is okay. If I wasn’t so busy I’d jump in to help but I’ve got to much going on.
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Friday
    Track no
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise none
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 219.2
    Todays Weight: 219.4
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    DebJB30
    Sat Week 2
    PW: 168.3
    CW: 168.4

I kind of fell off track this week, so this could be a lot worse.

I appreciate all the work put in by those who volunteer to keep a game like this going. It shows, when something like this happens, how much work has been going on behind the scenes that we may not think about if we aren’t the ones doing it.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    walk4today
    April week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 231.6
    CW: 232