HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Good Morning - good morning gals - are you gearing up of the holiday weekend.
    Mine will be very quiet and I am ok with that.
    Lots of rain and storms, I pray all are safe.

Have a great day.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,288 Member
    Options
    Quiet weekend planned here. We'll be doing some gardening, weather permitting. I don't have the energy to host a cookout right now.
    Happy Thursday!
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I visited my childhood hometown yesterday and my sister and I flowered our loved ones in the cemetery. So I don’t have to deal with holiday traffic. Hooray! I have a good book to read and a sewing project to tackle, so looking forward to staying home.
    Even though I fixed non-diet food today, i am still good with calorie counts and exercise. Sometimes fried chicken with gravy and biscuits are just worth it😂
  • rstanford3
    Options
    No change from last week. Raining here, but I have plenty of indoor projects to keep me busy. Happy Monday!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Lost .2, which is practically nothing but grateful for no gain. Big storms going on here for the holiday weekend and lots of folks with no power.

I often think of Gerri, who founded this group, and wish she would pop by and say she is okay. I feel like I am missing a friend, even thhough we never met in real life.
  • AngiKell
    AngiKell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Quiet weekend here. I am a teacher and we start summer break this weekend. I'm in recovery mode. No change in my weight but I logged meals 4 days this week. So there's a positive step!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Hey AngiK, what do you teach? Is it easier for you to lose weight in summers or during the school year? I do so much better with eating when I am busy. My sister thinks being busy is stressful and makes her eat more.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    Ann, please share a report on parsnip and carrot rosti.

They came out OK but I think I will add more seasoning next time my son said they were a bit bland but me and my husband liked them as the parsnip were sweet.
  • annliz23
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    titus2cat wrote: »
    Ann, please share a report on parsnip and carrot rosti.

They came out OK but I think I will add more seasoning next time my son said they were a bit bland but me and my husband liked them as the parsnip were sweet.

perhaps add more cumin in but my grandson doesn't like spice
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Is everyone gone?

The hard part of retirement for me is keeping track of the days.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Down 1.4.
    We're not gone Jan, just quiet. Personally, I am discouraged. I don't want to come here and whine, so when my mood is not upbeat, I tend to say nothing at all.
    I love retirement, even with having trouble keeping track of time. The Monday holiday last week really threw things off for me.
    Weekend was good. We went to NH for my nephew's son's birthday party. I got to meet his youngest son who's already 7 months old. He's very smiley and not at all shy. Within minutes of meeting me, he let meet hold him and feed him his bottle. :D
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Up a pound. Ate in restaurants too many times last week plus no structured exercise on 4 babysitting days. I am not surprised and it is entirely my own fault. I hope to try harder this week.

Jan, I agree it is hard to keep track of days. I sort of like that part. 😊

Great job on that loss Randi. Keep
    Up the good work.

I got a new book on an anti-inflammatory diet for arthritis. My fingers are becoming very bent sidesways. I need to do something and the rheumatologist said the diet may halt progression. If only I can find the gumption to give up red meat. So hard for a kid who grew up on a cow farm eating hamburgers for breakfast! 😂
  • annliz23
    Options
    i am still here but i have been so busy lately, sorry.
  • RockinMBC
    RockinMBC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

New group member here - just turned 60 in May. I recently decided to finally get serious about the foods I’m eating (primarily WFPB) and walking 2 miles a day in a weighted vest. Just lost 10 pounds and feel better than I have in a long time!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
    Mel
  • annliz23
    Options
    RockinMBC wrote: »
    Hi all!

New group member here - just turned 60 in May. I recently decided to finally get serious about the foods I’m eating (primarily WFPB) and walking 2 miles a day in a weighted vest. Just lost 10 pounds and feel better than I have in a long time!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
    Mel

Well done on your weight loss.
  • rstanford3
    edited June 6
    Options
    @RockinMBC - Welcome, and congratulations on the weight loss!
    We're a fairly quiet but very supportive group. We weigh in on Mondays and report how much we lost or gained. Members who are currently active are:
    titus2cat - Cat
    StrongerJan - Jan
    AnnLiz23 - Ann
    rstanford3 - Randi
    Post when you want to report your progress, when you need support, when you have a question, etc. If there is anything special we can do to help you, let us know. We're experts on weight - we've been good at losing and gaining it. :D
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Welcome Rockin! Congrats on your weight loss.
    Please stick around and inspire us all.

Saw a news report with Dr Dean Ornish. A small clinical trial used his reverse heart disease diet plus exercise plus strength training plus socialization to halt and even improve Alzheimer’s. And it is FREE. No meds. Details on Ornish.com
    He thinks the combo could prevent the disease if started early enough.

Beautiful day in the Virginia mountains. High temp of 72 is forecast. Tomorrow I turn 71!!! How do the years sneak up on a person like this? Hank took me out for breakfast since I will have the two youngest grands tomorrow. I ate everything bad for me. I will try to straighten up on Monday 😊

Anybody got big plans for the summer?
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Cat!!!
    9t0zdpff91qf.jpg
  • annliz23
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely birthday Cat

Well done Rockin on you weight loss

I need to motivate myself a bit more with strength training exercises so hopefully this will be my week.
    Keep being awesome everybody.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Decided not to weigh today. My feet and ankles are very swollen and I know the water weight would throw me off. I have never had this before. Guess I will get checked out when I get time. Babysitting next two days.