HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I agree Cat. There's no point in stepping on the scale when you're holding extra fluid. I shouldn't have stepped on my scale either. Up 1 pound.
    No big plans for the summer here. Our 40th anniversary is coming up and to celebrate, we are planning to head to the Berkshires in western Massachusetts for a few days. I went to college there, as did our daughters, and I have always loved it there.
  • AngiKell
    AngiKell Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    Hey AngiK, what do you teach? Is it easier for you to lose weight in summers or during the school year? I do so much better with eating when I am busy. My sister thinks being busy is stressful and makes her eat more.

Hello! I dropped off due to an unexpected trip and visitors. I didn't gain or lose as I don't count the small changes as good or positive. It's just bloat or no bloat.

I teach Geometry and Financial Literacy at the high school level. So I work with grades 9-12. When teaching it's easier to regulate my food until 3:45. Once the kids leave, I have a horrible need to eat. It's some hunger and some just needing revival. For the summer I fight the justification to indulge.

Losing weight is not about the food. It's about my thoughts. I heard someone say recently that just because we crave something doesn't mean we have to have it.

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • AngiKell
    Options
    RockinMBC wrote: »
    Hi all!

New group member here - just turned 60 in May. I recently decided to finally get serious about the foods I’m eating (primarily WFPB) and walking 2 miles a day in a weighted vest. Just lost 10 pounds and feel better than I have in a long time!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
    Mel

Hi Mel! Congrats on your 10 pounds lost!

Happy birthday! I also turned 60 in May.
  • AngiKell
    Options
    Happy Birthday Cat!
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes.
    I wasted two hours today doing word puzzles on my phone. 😬
  • rstanford3
    edited June 12
    Options
    Losing weight is not about the food. It's about my thoughts.
    Yep. If it were about knowing what and how much to eat, we would all be at our goal weights. :/
    I wasted two hours today doing word puzzles on my phone.
    That's called challenging your brain, and it is essential for long term brain health. :)
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to you both.

My weight is static I need to do more exercise but just feel lazy lol!

My husband isn't helping as he seems to be on a cake diet but unfortunately for me it's me whi has to bake them, I try not to have any but they are so ymmy

• AngiKell
    edited June 12
    Options
    Anyone else get motivated my MFP's end of the day estimate if how much you would weight if you continue to eat like you did that day? Yesterday it told me I would gain 2 pounds. So today I made hummus and threw together cucumber, carrots, harbouled egg and 8 wheat thins for lunch. 242 calories. I hope it sustains me.

Without tracking my food I can't understand why I am not losing weight. When I track it becomes obvious. Here's to tracking!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Angi, I can relate to your motivation from the 5 week projection, especislly when it shows a loss. If only I had the discipline to follow through and actually reflect that loss in 5 weeks.
    After reading the Undo It book by Dr Dean Ornish, I have FINALLY gotten my husband on board to try an anti-inflammatory diet. He has tinnitus and hope that it might lessen with proper diet has him ready to jump in. I hope it will help both of us with arthritis and memory issues.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Oh that's good Cat that he is on board with you let me know how it goes.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I had my one year appointment with my orthopedic surgeon today. Fake knee is perfect, but I knew that. Other knee is bone on bone but doesnt kill me yet so I got a cortisone injection to buy a little time before another knee replacement . I have to rest and elevate the knee next two days. Going to try to stick to 1200 calories because of no exercise.

Question for you all- what are your favorite healthy snacks ? I really wanted a hershey bar today but forced myself to eat watermelon instead. I still feel like I need some protein, but don’t know what I want.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Up 0.5. My daughter made a delicious brunch for Father's Day and even served a homemade strawberry cheesecake for dessert, so it could have been worse.
    When I'm looking for a snack, I'll sometimes turn to a Kind bar, the dark chocolate sea salt is my favorite. It gives me some protein, some crunch, and, of course, some chocolate. I like roasted edamame as a snack, too, perhaps mixed with a few nuts and raisins.
    Getting ready for the heat wave that starts tomorrow. :'(
    Cat, I can't believe the new knee is already a year old!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Randi, your daughter is a keeper. Homemad cheesecake is the best!
    I will try the kind bars. Edamame are so good, but only if they are salted. I stayed off salt last week to get rid of that edema and it worked. I am down 2 pounds and i know it was all fluid. My feet and ankles look normal now.
  • AngiKell
    Options
    My favorite snack depends. I have been keeping some popcorn on the counter for when I feel like chewing. When focusing, like working, I have blueberries, grapes, carrots with yogurt-based ranch dressing. When craving chocolate, believe it or not, 2 dark chocolate covered almonds works.

I stuck to my exercise and tracking food last week! I went down 1 pound and my legs feel strong. Yesterday I felt like binging but I kept myself to small portions and then followed it with plain nonfat yogurt, fruit and a sprinkle of Grapenuts.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    How is everyone doing with exercise as the heat picks up?
  • rstanford3
    Options
    I'm taking it easy while this heat wave is passing through - yoga and strength training are my focus. How about you.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I haven’t exercised for a week because the doc said give the knee injection a week or ten days to settle in before being active. Of course, I babysat three times in that week, so I may have messed it up from that. I hope not. It does hurt much less when I go up and down stairs.

I really need to get back into strength training. I realized yesterday my arm strength is pathetic.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Hope the knee improves. I need to focus on my arms too they are much to flabby.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Hey Randi!
    How about coming up with an arm strength challenge for us???
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Will do, Cat! I'll be back later today.