This April ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒน I Will โ€ฆ.

Options
13ยป

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, after a great time with my daughter and future SIL, theyโ€™ve left and itโ€™s hard adjusting to their departure. But work is a bit crazy now and staying busy certainly helps. I have been getting in my 3 stress reducing activities every day and itโ€™s really helped. Having breaks to do something joyful makes all the difference.

I have a new book Iโ€™m enjoying reading on my treadmill: โ€œHow the Body Knows Its Mindโ€ by Sian Beilock. Rather than the conventional view that our brain controls our body, the author makes a strong case for how our body and body movements impacts our brains. Fascinating!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    I feel like Iโ€™ve been sticking to with my goals pretty well. All the medical appointments has been stressful, but Iโ€™m getting into the routine.

I like the idea of focusing on stress reduction and I have got away from my daily yoga practice ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธso I think Iโ€™ve hit upon my April habit. I will continue to stay under my calorie goal ๐Ÿ‘‡ and do my daily PT exercises.๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ

So my affirmations for the month:
    โ€œI care for myselfโ€ - (a quote from Jane Eyre) and take responsibility for de stressing every day.
    Iโ€™m the kind of student who does her homework.
    I am a woman who stays within her calorie goal and doesnโ€™t use exercise or emotions as an excuse to overeat.

April 22 ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ I skipped yoga.
    April 23 ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ
    April 24 ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ
    April 25 ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ
    April 26 ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ
    April 27 ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ
    April 28 ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ƒdancing - I did a shorter yoga routine, but it counts

@themedalist , your book recommendation sounds interesting.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    Itโ€™s been an interesting month to say the least. However, the outcomes have been positive.

I am recovering well from my op on 20 April, which turned out to be more complex than I had expected. My bodily functions are largely back to normal, and I am mostly off the painkillers. Eating lots of fibre to keep the digestion moving. I havenโ€™t been able to drive yet, and am restricted to gentle exercise for now, but Iโ€™m hopeful that is only temporary.

Temporary weight gain has gone.

Iโ€™m still pondering my habit for May.

BBH I willโ€ฆ
    ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฃ
    ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ‡ ๐ŸฃAPRIL 2023 ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ
    ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฃ

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

Iโ€™m having a great month, with lots of motivation to increase my strength and flex exercise. .

April I will โ€ฆ..
    Just started the new term at Hogwarts. So am concentrating on keeping on top of that and consolidating my Solid Habits.
    Each morning, after my first short walk, I am checking in at Hogwarts Castle to see what tasks have been set.
    ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป
    ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
    ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿค’๐Ÿค’
    ๐Ÿค’๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป
    ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿป

Still working on recovering from op.

Daily Solid Habits:(I am continuing with these to the best of my ability at the moment.)
    ๐Ÿ’ŽRight this minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDaily Meditation
    ๐Ÿ’ŽCleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    ๐Ÿ’ŽPost Sole Mates steps
    ๐Ÿ’ŽWeigh < 140/log
    ๐Ÿ’ŽMonitor %age Fat/Muscle
    ๐Ÿ’ŽLog CI<CO/Balance macros
    ๐Ÿ’ŽHerbal tea/supplements
    ๐Ÿ’ŽSelf care
    ๐Ÿ’ŽQuality time with DH
    ๐Ÿ’ŽAblutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    ๐Ÿ’ŽBreakfast
    ๐Ÿ’ŽIntentional exercise > 60 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’ŽCardio > 6000 steps
    ๐Ÿ’ŽStrength > 15 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’ŽFlex > 15 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’ŽActive hours > 6
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDeclutter > 15 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’Žpaint/draw/write/read
    ๐Ÿ’ŽCraft/crochet
    ๐Ÿ’ŽGeneral chores
    ๐Ÿ’ŽGardening
    ๐Ÿ’Žjigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    ๐Ÿ’ŽMeet with friends
    ๐Ÿ’ŽQuality family time
    ๐Ÿ’ŽSole Mates evening reminder
    ๐Ÿ’ŽJGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    ๐Ÿ’ŽClose Apple rings
    ๐Ÿ’ŽBuilding Better Habits
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDuolingo Latin
    ๐Ÿ’ŽUpdate Women over 50
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDaily chores
    ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š
    ๐Ÿ’š

YOU are worth the effort!

Terri๐Ÿฆ„

• KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity, @TerriRichardson112, @77tes, @themedalist โ€”indeed everyone in this discussionโ€”you have been so motivating and inspriring this month. Thank you for your dedication and example!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity, @TerriRichardson112, @77tes, @themedalist โ€”indeed everyone in this discussionโ€”you have been so motivating and inspriring this month. Thank you for your dedication and example!

@KacyCarpe awww thanks so much!!!! I appreciate your kind words! All the best with your goals! Together we are strong!!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    26th to 30th
    All good expect 2 days, one stayed back at work too late and another day ate too much.. picked at the dinner I was cooking repeatedly. Xo
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    I finished the month strong although I was tempted to just skip everything. Seriously, I had to make myself do my PT homework and yoga on April 30. The good news is that when I went dancing on Friday, we did lots and lots of energetic dancing and my ankle held up really well - clearly those daily PT exercises are paying off.