Intermitting Fasting

Options
go2g
go2g Posts: 1 Member
I am 56 and right smack in the middle of Menopause- I seem to have gotten ALL the systems - I am a fighter so I will try anything.
I am now trying intermitting Fasting- 16/8 - i got nothing no movement so flat belly I eat less than 1700 calories I eat pretty clean -but I am 1 snack-cident away from hitting 200 pounds and it then is causing depression ugh the cycle
Anybody got anything that is working for you??

Replies

• AtlFinn
    AtlFinn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 50 and just starting to see signs of menopause. Hopefully, I can learn a bit for you about what is to come. Good luck on your journey!
  • Navygirl728
    Navygirl728 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi... my name is Angie and I received confirmation that I'm going through Menopause about a year ago.But even before hitting menopause, I had already started experiencing the weight gain, night sweats, etc while in premenopause. Up until that time I was somewhat healthy and in good shape. I am hoping that with the combination of fasting and the assistance of the My Fitness Pal, I will be able to see some results.
  • professorela
    professorela Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips for how to lose the menopause weight?
  • GracePiercy
    GracePiercy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have tried the good, bad and ugly during menopause to feel better, lose weight, gain muscle, etc.
    Intermittent fasting, HIIT, massive amounts of cardio — being “driven” no longer works for me.
    I now focus on eating whole foods including fruits and veggies, whole grains, nuts and seeds, some dairy. I recently added back eggs and seafood after being plant based for 6 months and I’m happy with that. I rarely drink alcohol or have added sugar any more, as those really increase hot flashes, night sweats and anxiety - along with weight gain.
    I do some sort of movement daily — yoga, Qigong, dance, rebounder, walk, strength training.
    I try to meditate daily, remember to breathe, see a pelvic health PT.
    This less is more approach is working for fat loss, muscle gain, peace of mind, and better health.