• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,980 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Welcome @ddainiak 👋
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm, Darlene - 62, married 36 years this year. I have one grown daughter (29) and one pup (Monty the Golden Doodle). My husband and I retired in 2020, but Hubby decided to go back to work in January. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to work on "Me" for a change and decided to get healthy, loss weight, exercise, and give up some bad habits. I started my weight loss journey by completing a The Airline Trail - a linear trail that runs through Connecticut. I did a little at a time, 62 miles in and out; lost 9 pounds. Then continued walking every day, and started my next goal to get 2,023 fitbit miles in 2023. I'm almost 1/2 way there and hit the 900 milestone last week. When I started this journey I was 227 pounds, now down to 194.2 (prior to Memorial Day weekend). Started a couple challenges to keep me motivated and accountable and saw this one so decided to give it a try. Looking forward to getting started.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 Wow four birthdays in two weeks is a lot! Here I thought two and Mother’s Day was bad. I don’t like working out in a lot of heat either.
    @megnolia82 Look forward to seeing you more often!

@trooworld I did have fun with my neighbor but I know I at least have a hangover today and she had more than me! Could you start the laundry and be back before it gets that musty smell from waiting to go in the dryer? I know your day is over now but maybe there’s a way to do both. I think we need some sort of challenge soon.

@DJill68 Oh my goodness, prayers for your FIL, I know that’s scary for all of you.

@ddainiak Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles Darlene! Wow what an awesome goal with the miles, you’ve done amazing with pounds too! I’m glad you’re here, this is the only group I’ve stuck with for my entire time and I hope you love it as much as I do.

Hi everyone! I’m waiting to hear if I’m starting seeds tomorrow. Had a mellow day, my neighbor and I had a little much alcohol last night and I came home and ate popcorn even though I’d just had cheesecake. I slept in and worked out then got dressed and spent time in the yard and went to Grocery Outlet, it was the mellow kind of day I needed after the last two. My neighbor had a computer she’s been trying to get rid of so I brought it home, being older I’m hoping it’s less likely to have issues and I’m so grateful and excited to get it going. Have some wonky plants in the garden but still should get a decent harvest this year, maybe it’s from my lack of being consistent in watering and care the last few weeks. I’m going to make skinnytaste’s black bean sweet potato bowls tomorrow, I love that recipe as it’s so easy to swap things around according to what I have and the spices on the potatoes is awesome. Have a great Tuesday!

No Zero Days
    - Under calories
    - Good water
    - Arm weights, stretching, gardening
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @trooworld not my bday. Between Mothers Day and Father’s Day, I have my son, hubby’s, mom, dad, SIL bday, plus my anniversary. Bank account is low and cake calories are high.
    @ddainiak welcome to our group

Well the kids shared their germs and I have a nasty head cold. Tried Nettie pot and meds, but that didn’t help. Funny enough, I cleared a little when I took the dog for a walk. Maybe all the humidity. If the mosquitoes wouldn’t eat me, I could sleep outside tonight. On a plus, appetite is down and I don’t have to go to work.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @DJill68 That must have been very stressful. I'm glad your FIL is home again and you are watching him.

@ddainiak Welcome to the team! Woo hoo to your new health journey with us!!! Congrats on your progress so far, that's fantastic.

@Katmary71 I'm glad you had fun. Unfortunately, we can't leave laundry in the washer or dryer because there are only 2 of each for our entire complex and they get used. BUT...we did go for a nice walk with the dogs last night. I have a great challenge, I will post below. Let me know what you think! Oh cool about the computer! That recipe sounds yummy. Have a great Tuesday.

@shaunarlr83 Congrats on the loss!

@sleepygirl79 Ah okay. That's a lot of celebrating to do lol! I'm sorry about the cold.

Hi all! I agree with @Katmary71 it's time for a challenge! See below for more info on our challenge. I had a great weekend. It was relaxing (minus the working on Saturday part). I hope you did, too.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    nz58ybj5xu9f.png
    Hey Slimpossibles! Join me for a fun 4th of July challenge! Choose just one thing to work on until July 4th to make it a habit. Do the thing and report in as often as you'd like how you are doing!

For my "thing", I am going to choose tracking just one meal a day.

Good luck!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    I'm in, something I struggle with - drink 48+ oz glasses of clear water daily.
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @ddainiak - Hi Darlene, welcome! I also had a "Walk The Year" goal and have walked the year in miles for 2020, 2021, and 2022. This year I decided not to push so hard, but I could still make if I step it up a bit. But I'll probably just do my 5 miles/day which will leave me a bit short. You have done a great job of losing weight since you started on this quest, way to go!

@trooworld - Count me in on the 4th of July Challenge. My goal is to do Some strength training every day. Anything more than zero, right? Sometimes when I attempt these challenges, I pick too difficult of a goal and I fail right away. If I pick something that I already do every day anyway (like walking, or tracking food), then it's not a challenge. Strength training is always a challenge for me because I just plain don't like it, so I find an excuse. But if I make it a challenge to do something, anything, even one quick set of squats, then I can't make an excuse. SO I'm in. And I'm doing one quick set of squats right now, Day One 🏋️‍♀️ Done✔️

-Mica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    Hi MS.... You have a new member who requested to be on your amazing team ... Please welcome @DebJB30
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Welcome @DebJB30 !
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 198.0
    CW: 197.2
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140

PW: 137.2
    CW: 135.4

I went to the dentist today and got my permenate crowns on my back two teeth, good thing to because another piece broke off the temporary one. Life is pretty good I have no complaints. I'm building a garden contest room in my game, its slow going I just don't have any ideas. We are celebrating 15 years, strange to be playing a game that long. I was there on the very first day they opened. I have a lot of tests to get done, they just added a bone density test.

I have been hungrier lately and actually thought I should have gained weight last week. It's weird, I'm hungry after dessert time about 10pm at night. I'm not eating just battling hunger. I've been really good so tonight I get a piece of chocolate.

Hugs to all and congrats to the leaders on the leaderboard.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 Oh no I hope you feel better soon! Maybe it’s the sun helping?
    @trooworld The suspense on the challenge is killing me, can’t wait to read it! Glad the walk was nice! How are the dogs doing together, are things getting better with fighting? Oh I like the challenge, I’ll have to decide on which area to choose!

@ddainiak You got this, put a stack of magazines by the toilet for all that water going through you! 

@micaroo4 Strength training is a great July goal, you’ll be able to tell a difference by then so it will motivate you to keep going.

@DebJB30 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles Deb!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Walking is about to go down, great goal! Oh my Sophie is so adorable, I’m glad you get in good time with her too! Love the father and daughter picture. Wow praying for Hunter, exciting week!

@FushiaKat Glad to hear maintenance is going so well, you’re doing amazing!

Hi friends! Started the day off slow but got my workout in and work done and made my meal. I’m definitely in on the challenge, I think it’s going to be food-related since that’s where I’m struggling plus I may not be able to keep up my workouts for some of that time but I don’t want to discuss it or I’ll get mad again. I’ll save it for all the letters I’m firing off complaining about my pain clinic. I did my “depressed and need comfort” popcorn with cheese on it last night so it’s time to get my act together again. I’ll be starting seeds at the greenhouse tomorrow. I was hoping to get back to the farm but with both my nephews graduating (5th and 8th grade) and a piano recital I won’t be able to for awhile. Have a great Wednesday!

No Zeros
    Lower body and ab strength, stretching, light gardening
    Good water
    Healthy food
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    4th of July Challenge is no more nibbling after dinner. That's where a small nibble can become a voracious episode.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    🎉 Congrats to our leaderboard makers and those who also had a loss this week🎉

I read messages and will come back after a while to do catch up.

Just want to check in.

July Challenge: I need to do the water 💦 drinking. It’s my most challenging.

Ive had some emotional moments this week, calories have been ok but choices not so great. My steps have been miserable the last couple days. So bad my friend (linked to my fitness) checked on me. Went to bed with a headache and woke up to it.

BUT, I’m determined to get myself on track. Cheer me on please! I’m so proud that I have been with you all since December. 21.2 lbs down with you all. I appreciate all the support. Thank you!!!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @micaroo4 Anything more than zero = awesome! Yeah, I intentially put easier goals as examples because I think the default thing is to choose these big goals that are sometimes not attainable. And as you said, that leads to failure and feeling bad. Way to go with day 1!!!

@DebJB30 Woo hoo welcome to the team!!! We are just starting a July 4th challenge (see my post from yesterday) if you want to join it.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss! Ah okay, FIP lol! 20 mins of walking is a great goal for the challenge. I'm glad you had a good weekend. Awww, what a cute picture! I hope all goes well with Hunter's labor/birth. Keep us posted!

@Katmary71 Oh no, I posted it. You can't see it??? Oh wait, I think you can see it? The dogs are still fighting, we are giving them fewer chances to fight though. I'm sorry you are having drama with the pain clinic. :( Have a great day!

@AmbersWay I thought about doing water but I really, really need to start tracking consistently again. I'm sorry you are struggling right now. You've got this, girl! You are doing great. This is just a blip on the radar!!!

Hi all. I'm doing okay. I have a project at work that is due today for another department and it is up in the air whether or not I will get it done. IF I am not interrupted, I will get it done. But the problem is that at 1 pm, we have a party with the whole company. I may have to attend for just a few minutes and get back to my project. Have a great day!

4th of July challenge: tracked 100% of what I ate

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feeling human again, so I need to get back to walking. I’ve done zero exercise for 2 weeks! It’s like I’m starting from square one again. Anyone ever tried Thrive? I have about 6 days worth so gonna give it a shot. I lost 50lbs on it several years ago. I just can’t afford it these days. I need the energy because I am feeling so lazy!
    FIL is about the same. Found out that cancer has metastasized regionally. We find out the treatment plan next week. (if any) Please pray that I can keep him healthy till the end of August! We found his first son through ancestry.com. He hasn’t seen him since he was a baby when his ex wife moved away with him. (62 years ago). We have a family reunion planned in August. Going to meet the family he never knew he had. Everyone seems excited about it.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Day 2: 10 squats and 10 biceps curls with light weights. Something.
This discussion has been closed.