Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
edited June 2023 in Social Groups
icnliscca8h7.png
Here is your Team chat room for May 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The May challenge runs for 5 weeks, from April 30 - June 3. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. Let's have a Green March!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can come back if you get dropped and then return.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    These are my pups. The small one is Maggie and the Dane is whiskie
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! My name is Donna and I’m 54 years old. I am a mother, grandmother, author, quilter and full time caregiver for my 94 yr of father in law. I live in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia on 44 acres. We have 3 gardens and I do a lot of home food preservation. When I became the caregiver for my elderly FIL after MIL passed 2 1/2 years ago, he was so thin and unhealthy from taking care of her. My goal to put some weight on him by cooking his favorite meals, worked great but put 30 lbs on me too! My goal is too loose 70 lbs and I’ve lost 10 already. I started Keto 4 weeks ago. This is my first team challenge and I look forward to being a part of this group!
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am new for May so figured I'd give a brief introduction of 'Who I am'.

My name is Tim. I'm from Ohio (near Cincinnati). I've been using MyFitnessPal for a few years and have just started exploring the community forums section. By training I am a Chemist (BS) and Mathematician (BS). I enjoy board games and role-playing games. I turned the BIG 5-0 last year. I am married with 4 kids (oldest 30 and youngest turning 21 this year).

I've been very stagnate with my weight loss lately. I started WW late in 2019 and had great initial success (from 271 to 222 in six months). However, since then I've been up and down the same 10ish pounds and still sit in the 220's. 15 years ago I was able to get down to 175-180 pounds and felt great! I am hoping to be able to get back to that same range and stay there.

I know my weakness (chocolate - brownies, cake, cookies, M&M's, Reese cups, etc...) and have a hard time 'moderating' myself. I'm hoping this challenge will keep me motivated, accountable, and engaged!

I'm looking forward to the journey!

Thanks,
    Tim
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    The May Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready for participation starting Sunday, April 30th. Look forward to seeing you as we begin the Self-Love Bingo Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889636/may-week-1-group-challenge-self-love-bingo/p1?new=1

Jessica
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone 👏🏻

🎊Congratulations to all those who have had a loss this week and yay for all of us that are still working at it.

Welcome to all the new members 👋🏻

Intro: I’m a married mom (29 years down) of 3 (2 adults and 1 teen), I have 3 rescue doggies, my big girls are the best, keep me on my toes. Ive been with MFP for years. I used it to lose 70+lbs. then had health issues due to a botched surgery and now a medication that helped me add 20 lb extra. 6 years of recovering and I am back to working out and losing weight. This group has been so helpful and I appreciate all of you. I try (last couple weeks have been a challenge) to avoid carbs, do cycling 10k steps and weights.

I’ve been away from our group this week. I tried keeping up with post but got behind the last couple days. It’s been a hectic week, kids off of school, the big game night (thank you all for the game ideas!!!) and my best friends daughter got married yesterday. It was a beautiful wedding and just so sweet.

I’m so ready to be back on my regular schedule tomorrow. I’ve been so tired but still on the go. Now I can find my routine again and I have all the ambition to sort myself out.

No Zeros

I didn’t cycle for a couple days but got 13k+ steps in. I’m happy that I still got around.

I started cleaning out the kitchen, meaning donating appliances and dishes I don’t use anymore. Back in the day, I entertained a lot, now not so much. So no need for all the extras.

I will go back and reread last weeks messages to make sure I am fully caught up.

Have a great weekend!!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 What beautiful dogs you have!

@DJill68 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! You'll definitely have to share those gardens, I can't wait to see them!

@AmbersWay happy to see you back, you can always jump right in and tell us how you are, please don't feel like you have to reply to everyone.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    Hi Mission Slimpossibles, let's be amazing this May! I'm Kathy and I'm our team motivator, I'm 51 and live in the Sacramento area with my two cats. Our fearless leaders are the wonderful @trooworld and @broncobuddee . I've been part of this team since early 2019 and it's the one group I've been consistent with the entire time, I love the family we've built here. I've been dealing with severe pain issues since the 90s and have a lot of health issues because of them and being very unhealthy. I decided shortly after I stopped the heavy pain meds and had a bunch of bad diagnoses that I wasn't going to passively kill myself for another year and got off the couch and rode my recumbent bike for 5 excrutiating minutes then went shopping for healthy food and got busy on MFP all on Jan 2, 2019. My worst pain condition was in remission then or I don't think I would've been able to do all that otherwise. It's since come back but my diabetes is in remission and my liver doesn't cause me to spontaneously vomit anymore. It's a lot harder doing this in pain than it was being bedridden for 22 years heavily medicated but I'm trying to find a way to do things I like without suffering too much as I'd rather not live with a bunch of regrets. I'm 75-80lbs down from my highest and do chair cardio, weight lifting, and stretching plus gardening. Hobbies are reading, gardening, volunteering at the food bank farm and greenhouse, and I'm on the board of a local charity then do some part-time work for my brother. I've also been going to more concerts and my boyfriend lives about 2 hours from me so that keeps me busy too.

Any May goals or challenges yet for any of you? I'm feeling the need for a new one but am still flared up so I'm trying to wait to decide. Of course we'll keep up No Zero Days!

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you so much. I feel bad not catching up with previous posts, but will try to do short updates when I get behind.

May Goals (thanks for the reminder)

Upping my resistance during cycling by 2. I see my heart rate isn’t getting up there now, meaning I need to go up.

Doing more core workouts. I’ve started and I can feel my surgical scars and it made me nervous, but now that I see that I’m ok, I will do more. That pulling and stretching made me hold back a bit, but I powered on and think it’s time to work through it. I recently found a some videos (medical doctor) on massage and such for post surgical scarring and had no clue you could do so much so soon after surgery, wish I had known.

Get better at my meal prepping and especially shopping on time. I struggled the last couple weeks and it has shown on the scale.

Have a beautiful Sunday 💐

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 - Maggie and Whiskie are soooo CUTE!
    @DJill68 - You are an angel caregiver. Sorry it put some weight on you, but it's awesome that it helped your FIL gain some weight too.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    Advice from the cat:
    If you want to lose weight, hang out with thin people.
    yk6usw5tqf82.jpg

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!!!! We’re heading into my Birthday month!!!! I love my birthday, always have, I’ve never been sad about growing older and it’s the same with turning 40 this week!!! 🤩 My birthday is usually my goal date, I’ve started in January and hit goal weight twice in the past 13 years, this time I got started in June of last year and I’m only halfway to goal. I’ve dealt with the life changes that came with both of my kids being done with high school, my husband of 14 years turning to drugs, leaving him in Nov, divorcing in Jan, started my first full time job at the end of Feb (overnight ER tech) and I’ve been doing as much living and sleeping in between work days as I can!!!!!

For the new pals and those who forget, I live in Oklahoma!!! Have a daughter and a son, hang out with my little brother often and currently live with my mom, sister and 4 nieces until life changes for the better!

I’ve come to realize exercise is top of my list of favorite things to do and luckily I love several forms of it. I get super down and depressed when I miss several days. So I’m trying my best to do something daily. Since the weight is coming off steadily but much slower this time, I’m really confident that this will be my last time to go through the whole process again!!! My main goal is to live life, smile and laugh as much as possible, and be happy with who I am and what I’ve overcome no matter what life throws my way!!! Here’s my small goals….

🪅Specific goals for this month are….

🪅See the 150’s on the scale

🪅Drink 14 cups of water

🪅Burn minimum 600 calories

🪅3 Strength training sessions a week

🪅Hit 10,000 steps everyday!

🪅1 Hike a week

🪅Run 2 miles once a week

🪅Keep up w/ BOD Coach daily FB challenge!

I’ll sit down and think up some renewed long term goals soon! Thank you all for being some of the best parts of my life and current weightloss journey!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 270
    C. W. 269
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles team captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff. He also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I am in my 50s now. I live in Southern California with my husband, a cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (7 yrs old), and 9-month-old pug pup name Violet. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I use the Healthi app. I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I walk and talk with friends and walk my dogs. My hobbies include making art, reading, going to museums, cooking (and collecting recipes!), and enjoying the city I live in.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    Options
    6avkq3yy20sm.png

I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2023! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/

• trooworld
    Options
    @megnolia82 Way to go! You will work your way back to that, you took the first step!

@Katmary71 Yes! I wish you did, too, it was a blast!

@txcritter69 Congrats on the loss!

@tammymccrady6278 Awwww, Maggie and Whiskie are adorable! Thanks for sharing.

@DJill68 Wow, 3 gardens, that's amazing! Congrats on your 10 lb loss, that's a great start!

@tfelts147 Would you be able to enjoy healthy treats? I know my husband loves to make the unhealthy stuff but recently, I've gotten him to commit to making healthier desserts. I can share recipes if you want them.

@AmbersWay Sounds like you've been busy. Great step count!

@micaroo4 HAHAHA! Thanks for the meme today. I needed a laugh!

@shaunarlr83 Great goals this month.

@19shmoo69 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I had a great time at the art festival yesterday. Lots of walking. I hope to get to dog beach this morning but we have a lot to do so we may not.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank the minimum amount of water (50 oz), tracked my meals.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
This discussion has been closed.