Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 66 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids all fully launched, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily exercise and I have two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I had been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever (my heaviest being 200+ about 20 years ago). I finally reached goal May 8, 2022! I was in maintenance for the spring and summer. My hormones went off the rails and sleep became a huge issue. Right now I am about 10 pounds over my goal weight and finally getting things under control.
    Throughout this journey I have discovered that I absolutely love working out at the gym, spin classes are my favourite, I also do weights about three times a week, and I’m trying to get going on yin yoga for flexibility. I typically work out at the gym three days a week, the other days I try to maintain at least 10,000 steps and with my little pup that usually isn’t an issue lol.
    With the support and encouragement of this amazing group, I know I will get back in range and this is all just part of this new phase of my journey.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I’m not new but I’ve been MIA for awhile so a new intro seems appropriate!

I’m Meg and I’ll be 40 for one more week. This was going to be my year to get fit and healthy! Hahaha. Well, luckily I believe it’s never too late, so I’m ready to make the year ahead the best one yet!

I have wanted to lose weight since I was a teenager although in retrospect I was so fit and healthy back when I first thought I was fat. Isn’t that how it goes, eh?

I hit my highest weight this year. 228, and I am 5’8. I always carried my weight well and from 160-200 there wasn’t a noticeable difference. But after I passed 200 it has been shocking. I see myself in pictures or in a mirror and I can’t believe that’s me. I also don’t feel good.

Anyway I’m down a little bit of weight from my highest. I’m recovery from a C. difficile infection that knocked me down from late December until late March but I’m feeling better bit by bit.

I’m ready to feel better in every way.

Here’s to an amazing month for all of us! For the new members, welcome to the best group of people on the internet! To the returning members, thank you so much for the unwavering support through this past difficult year. I appreciate that your doors and arms are always open no matter how silent I’ve been or how discouraged I am.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Daily Post ~ Saturday

Track ~ Yes
    Calories ~ No
    Exercise ~ Yes - gym workout- treadmill, weight machines, and elliptical

Goals/Day/Comments:

Track both on WW and MFP
    Exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week to start.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

8zyxh93c1m8k.png
    jimm56ib4xai.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    8ymocdyijwe7.png

By Pounds
    xa5lagx2rnlo.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    9puu1c70y6pu.png

By Pounds
    hnidt78go7bk.png
    81pkvmn3msjf.png

Team Winners
    unzsz6ek6mf8.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

l3qt6fmji6e9.png
    0yo0tgz60hp1.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    vr0x1qb1cacn.png

By Pounds
    5r97zgcphxe1.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wgapwhg65tgk.png

By Pounds
    ftomrwxvi87u.png
    qvzvlb1r9sf7.png
    mzv2ueqyiljv.png

Team Winners
    x6j0jfcz1ek9.png
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS to our April Leaders: @shaunarlr83 @19shmoo69 @GabiV125

Congratulations!!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 218.6
    CW 223.4

Well I’m not sure what’s going on. I go down 5lbs and the next week I’m up again. Actually expected a bit of a loss this week. Disappointed to say the least.

So frustrating. Happens to me too. Maybe water weight or something changed? Sometimes weight fluctuates or retains more than normal.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda you are SOOO close😁. You are very welcome, puppies are a process🥴. I’m sure you are enjoying your company!!

@trooworld I am sure Violet is going to be great, she already sounds like such a sweetie, but she just has a few little issues. If we are being honest, animals and humans alike, who doesn’t😂. Sounds like you had a great, no zero day on Saturday, congratulations! So glad you had a great time at the art festival

@Katmary71 i’m so sorry you’re not feeling well.

@micaroo4 YAY you! You’re back in the goal zone!!

@megnolia82 congratulations to you for getting on your bike, that is a great start! One day at a time♥️. We are not even halfway through the year, still lots of time to get fit and healthy. You will do amazing!

@tammymccrady6278 your pups are absolutely adorable!

19shmoo69 congrats on the loss!

@DJill68 wow! What a view!!

Huge congratulations to the April Leaders!! @shaunarir83 @19schmoo69 @GabiV125

Sleep still isn’t coming easy, I have to admit that the last two out of three nights I have taken Tylenol p.m. just because I wanted to be functioning. Our hockey team is in the playoffs again this year, so far so good, but it is not helping my sleep schedule 🤣🤣🤣. Super pleased with some of the choices I have made over the last couple of days. Day before yesterday I went to my sister-in-law‘s mother’s 86th birthday tea. There was all sorts of fancy pastries, cakes and wonderful munchies! I ate my lunch just before going out the door so I wouldn’t be tempted and I stuck to just water to drink instead of lovely wine or fruit, punch. Last night I went to my mom’s to watch the game, and I stuck strictly to the fruit platter, it was a nailbiter of a game and there was stress eating going on with strawberries and pineapple😂. Super pleased with losing a pound, the last week. With not sleeping and crazy hormones it is a challenge to stay on track, I am definitely not always successful. I am hoping that in the month of May I will get back on track with my sleeping. I am glad to be done with the antibiotics, I think I am still a bit puppy from those though as I can’t wear my rings on my right hand yet I’m still having to have them on my left hand.
    My hamstring is still acting up, so I am not able to go to the gym yet, and I really miss it! I have started to be able to do some very gentle exercises at home, so at least I feel like I am doing something. Our weather here is amazing, it is going up to 76 today and possibly 90° tomorrow! This never happens to us in the spring. I know in May we will have our typical freak snowstorm so we will take advantage of this weather while we can lol.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    DJill68 I absolutely love your garden beds!

@sleepygirl79 @shaunarlr83 @Cornanda Way to go 4th week of April winners!

@shaunarlr83 @19shmoo69 @GabiV125 Amazing winners for the month of April, woohoo!

@laurelfit57 I love his hair, I'm rushing as I'm sitting at my desktop so I've been scrolling up and down and made myself wait to read it, that's so creative and fun!

Another challenging night, sorry for not responding more, hope you all have a great start to May and the week!

No Zero Days
    -yeah all I can say that's good is a kept my garden alive
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    LET'S HAVE SOME FUN SHARING PICTURES THIS WEEK!!!!!

Chris and I thought it would be fun to start off the first week of the month sharing via pictures things we love or that are important in our lives each day with one another such as or families, pets, hobbies, special momentos, or anything else you may like to share. It's always been so fun to see pictures from all of you and it would be a great way to know each other better and welcome our new members in On MFP in a group that means sending a pic from your phone to download on a computer and uploading but I'm sure there's other ways I'm unsure of as well. If you have issues please post what you're using (for example I use an Android phone and can't attach pics in group which is why I send them to my email and download to my laptop).

Can't wait to see and hear more about all of you!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new members 💐

🎊Congratulations to our leaderboard makers🎊

🎈Happy upcoming Birthday to @shaunarlr83 🎁

@megnolia82 so glad you’re feeling better. Well done on the cycling, that’s great!

@gjaholy33 you’re doing great. Love your positivity, it’s what helps keep you going.

@Katmary71 I love the idea of sharing pictures. I hope today is a great day for you.

@laurelfit57 your grandson is absolutely adorable! I love crazy hair days. We turned my youngest into a sparkly fish last time. I need to find her picture. Your daughter is amazing, that was a great idea.

@gemwolf110 it’s wonderful that you’re working out now and finding a routine, it really helps. I pray your mom is doing well. You’re an amazing daughter for all that you do. Bravo for studying, working and helping out. You’re a trooper 😍

——

Today’s update

I am sick, it’s just starting and I have watery eyes, a nose on the run, yet dry throat and my head feels dehydrated (if that could be a thing). Well 😂 that could just be me.

Kids are busy with exams again (never ending). I can’t wait for summer break.

My hamster sitting has ended. The little guy (he was actually a big boy) has gone home now. He was such a quiet and sweet fluffy boy.

My 3 girls (GS, Saluki and Canaan) are all in a cuddly mood today. Queenie (GS) had spa day and got a buzz per the request of the vet. She had a major roll in the mud and he said she needed it, poor girl looks goofy! I think she new she looked goofy. We kept telling her she’s beautiful and loved on her. She’s ok now. Still looking goofy 🤪.

No zeros for yesterday

I rested, took care of myself.
    I had a great day calorie wise, I made myself meals that kept me full and I enjoyed them.
    Tried a new weights workout and loved it. (Sydney Cummings on YouTube)
    Sidenote: I dropped down to light weights, I wasn’t feeling 100% and didn’t want to over do it.

Have a great week!

• gemwolf110
    Options
    dmxn41g647gi.png

Daily Post ~ Sunday

Track ~ Yes WW & MFP
    Calories ~ Yes MFP, No WW
    Exercise ~ rest day.

Goals/Day/Comments ~ Going to be deep spring cleaning this week and next and hopefully start painting soon after.

@AmbersWay awe thank you. She’s done so much for me. Want to give back any way I can.

@megnolia82 I know right?!? We got this!!!
This discussion has been closed.