Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? started last year

What do you like to do for fun? anything social, walk in alot of 5ks as hip replacements give me soreness with longer distances

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles, Ca

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? lose wt, get fitter, I signed up for a 1 mile swim so started training for that

How would your pet or friend describe you? the scratcher and giver of food

What popular fad product or style did you regret? wished the perms had actually given me curly hair

What was your favorite childhood TV show? didn't really have one, was only allowed to watch the cartoons on sat am

2 fun things about you? crazy adventures are enjoyed

Anything else you would like to share? broad sense of humor
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,530 Member
    Options
    How many 5% challenges have you done? Several.
    What do you like to do for fun? Dancing
    What major city do you live in or near? Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    What are your health/fitness goals for this as season? To maintain my weight loss, to go for a walk 6 days a week, to dance for at least 30 minutes every day. To do a strength training workout three times a week and yoga twice a week.
    How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, considerate, thoughtful.
    What was your favourite childhood tv show? Sesame Street
    2 fun things about you: Iove to dance and to go to sporting events.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,305 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count

What do you like to do for fun? Listen to podcast

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in the southeast part of Kansas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Being able to do 5 pull ups without assistance of machine or band

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind

What popular fad product or style did you regret? All of them that doesn't incorporate macro tracking

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Too many to remember

2 fun things about you? Love to workout and listen to 90's music

Anything else you would like to share?
  • nbruns83
    nbruns83 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this will be the 25th.

What do you like to do for fun?baking, cooking, reading, sewing, knitting, yard work

What major city do you live in or near? State?southern Idaho

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? lose more belly fat

How would your pet or friend describe you?loyal and stubborn

What popular fad product or style did you regret?wire-rimmed granny glasses

What was your favorite childhood TV show? "Lassie" later "Bewitched"

2 fun things about you?I prefer to do things in a slow, precise manner. I dislike "shortcuts." I'd much rather write a letter in cursive than send a text.

Anything else you would like to share? My husband and I are both retired and have returned to the farms of our childhoods.
  • dbeau57
    dbeau57 Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to keep count of!

What do you like to do for fun? Go fishing!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Across the bay from Biloxi, Mississippi

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10 pounds

How would your pet or friend describe you? Quiet

What popular fad product or style did you regret? hip huggers and perms in my hair

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Star Trek

2 fun things about you? 1) I have a dry sense of humor so my husband and I laugh at different things. 2) I love running up and down stairs, but I can't do it anymore because my balance isn't as good as it used to be.

Anything else you would like to share? I haven't had a pet since my Brittany Spaniel died 20 years ago.
  • Lizmossman
    Lizmossman Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This Is my first

What do you like to do for fun? Garden, paint , read, cook and travel

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in the UK , my nerest city is Cardiff as I live in the country

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want 2023 to be my fitttest and strongest ever, to do this I need to lose 5% of my weight and stay motivated.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Sensitive, homeloving, stubborn, supportive

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Not sure as do not follow fashion

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Blue Peter, Dr Who

2 fun things about you? I love to cook for family (they call me a feeder) while doing this I sing and dance badly around the kitchen. Watercolour painting

Anything else you would like to share? I am married to a wonderful husband, we love going on cruises and just completed a World Cruise with another booked for next January. Which is another incentive to get fit and lose weight.
  • bbonet3
    bbonet3 Posts: 2,345 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since SP in 2011 about 50+ including MFP

What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with friends, relaxing by the pool, travel

What major city do you live in or near? State? Central Florida ~ north of Orlando

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to reach my goal weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? Faithful, good listener, available

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I did not follow the fads but looking back at pictures the hair do were crazy.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Abbott/Costello, Carol Burnett, Danny Kaye

2 fun things about you? I retired from teaching last years and just became a grandmother

Anything else you would like to share? Oldest of 7 and I have lived in 7+ states
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    I think this will be my fourth or fifth.

What do you like to do for fun?
    In the summer I love to be in a pool! And of course I love making music since I’m a musician and vocalist.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    St. Louis, MO

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I really need to rededicate myself to weight loss. I did not lose a pound in the last challenge. Ugh.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    Head in the clouds free spirit with a side of anxiety.

What popular fad product or style did you regret?
    MC Hammer pants 🤦🏻‍♀️

What was your favorite childhood TV show?
    I loved The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie,

2 fun things about you?
    I took my chorus on a tour of Italy this past spring and sang for the pope.

I’m looking forward to losing weight with my team!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? No clue but lots

What do you like to do for fun? Walking, hanging with friends, crafts (when I find the time)

What major city do you live in or near? State? Windsor Ontario (Across the river from Detroit)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My health and fitness goals for this season is to stay in my calorie range and exercise each day.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Bossy, happy, caring

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Slim fast

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Power Rangers

2 fun things about you? I love to have fun and cook

Anything else you would like to share? I live with my Husband and fur baby who is a Rottweiler. My Son will be 23 and lives with my sister and visits about every other week.
  • melissaaridgeway
    melissaaridgeway Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    This makes #3

What do you like to do for fun?
    Garden, game and go running.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Aiken, South Carolina

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose 5% of my weight. And put more of an emphasis on my fitness.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Stressed and anxious.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? TikTok leggings. They were supposed to make my butt look good...they did not.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? My little pony from the 80s and 90s

2 fun things about you?
    Nothing I can think of...

Nope.
  • hjlord9292
    hjlord9292 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?: This is my first one!

What do you like to do for fun?: I like to cook/bake, read, and swim

What major city do you live in or near? State?: Massachusetts

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?: Gain confidence and create a better mindset towards my body; create more healthy, sustainable habits; finally, mentally I want to become more positive

How would your pet or friend describe you?: shy, communicative, funny

What popular fad product or style did you regret?:

What was your favorite childhood TV show?: The Wiggles

2 fun things about you?: I'm graduating college next January with a B.A. in Psychology & I have 3 dogs!

• DRC200971
    DRC200971 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember. Originally with the Dawgies on Sparkpeople, and all the MyfitnessPal challenges.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, garden, watching grandkids play basketball, softball and swimming.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Peoria, IL

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To lose 5% weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dedicated, loyal, and always put others ahead of myself

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Using the latest hair growth products, wasted a lot of money

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Lassie, Bonanza

2 fun things about you? My wife and I really really try out best to attend all the home contests of our local minor league baseball team and our local college basketball team.

Anything else you would like to share? My wife and I will celebrate our 53rd wedding anniversary on June 13th. We're taking a chartered bus trip to a show and dinner. We have two wonderful grandkids, Willow, 13 and Aaron, 12.
  • stacie917
    stacie917 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 4

What do you like to do for fun? Read mostly. I havent kept any other habits up besides worrying and some gardening. Hiking fell off in frequency after I had kids but I love a nice walk in the woods.

What major city do you live in or near? State?Texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Basically the same as they were last summer: get under 200 lbs. Although, after 1300+ days on MFP it doesn't seem to be a priority.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Probably a little neurotic

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I've never been too hep to what the cool kids did. Maybe Sun In.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Inspector Gadget

2 fun things about you? I homeschool my kids and I like to try growing plants even though mostly I end up killing them. I don't think we've saved any money on food, but I enjoy the hobby of it.

Anything else you would like to share? Nah
  • 130StrongerEachYear
    130StrongerEachYear Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first one

What do you like to do for fun? - read, do sudoku puzzles

What major city do you live in or near? State? Panama City Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? get healthier by eating nutritious foods and moving more.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Caring, empathetic

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Fast Food...it is making us all fat

What was your favorite childhood TV show? The Mouseketeers - The Mickey Mouse Club

2 fun things about you? I like sailing and writing...to me they are fun.

• Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first so a little apprehensive as there seems so much to read 🤔

What do you like to do for fun? I play lawn bowls in the summer and love to travel

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in the U.K.- near Rochester in Kent

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To stop yo-yo dieting and being a couch potato

How would your pet or friend describe you? Caring and always willing to help

What popular fad product or style did you regret? The curly perm - how on earth did I think I looked the ‘bee’s knees’ back then in the 1970’s

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Too many to mention - but loved Little House on the Prairie and Lassie

2 fun things about you? I love walking especially by water and I enjoy family board / card game nights

Anything else you would like to share ? I am 71 years young and have been married for 50 years, I love dogs and miss our chocolate lab Bruno who went over the rainbow bridge after 13 wonderful years with us (still can’t make that move to get another dog
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my fourth on MFP, not including IBCs. I did a few on Spark People years ago.

What do you like to do for fun? Hiking in the summer, downhill skiing in the winter.

What major city do you live in or near? Calgary, Canada.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight and weight train more regularly.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Always there when needed.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I have regrets, but a fad product is not among them.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Loved it when we got to stay up late enough to watch The Love Boat! LOL

2 fun things about you? Just two? Everything about me is fun! Heh heh

Anything else you would like to share? This summer I'd like to try the flying trapeze.
  • ameyer145
    ameyer145 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2 or 3

What do you like to do for fun? read books, play tennis, be on the water

What major city do you live in or near? State? Atlanta, GA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? get consistent with diet & exercise

How would your pet or friend describe you? even-keeled

What popular fad product or style did you regret? jelly shoes

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Little House on the Prairie

2 fun things about you? 1) I always know what size tupperware is required for the leftovers; 2) I'm short, but everyone I meet via video meeting thinks I'm tall

Anything else you would like to share? Nope :-)
  • k9kiddie
    k9kiddie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I would guess between 12-20... not sure

What do you like to do for fun? read Outlander, garden, play Minecraft with my son, bake, cuddle with my three black cats, watch The Good Doctor, movie night every Sunday with my family

What major city do you live in or near? State? Nearest major city would be Scranton, Pennsylvania

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I have been maintaining after loosing 10 pounds and I would like to start on the next 10 pounds to lose

How would your pet or friend describe you? Easy going and loyal

What popular fad product or style did you regret? The pouf!

What was your favorite childhood TV show? The Muppets

2 fun things about you? I play the flute and clarinet / I love riding roller coasters

Anything else you would like to share? Speaking of roller coasters, I was so bummed to learn they closed the Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point, although... I hear they revamped it and are planning to open in 2024! Good excuse to go back!
  • 3fabboysx1
    3fabboysx1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? None, it all seems very overwhelming. There is so much to read, and everyone all seems to know each other.

What do you like to do for fun? yoga, walking, reading, and listening to audiobooks.

What major city do you live in or near? State? The Triangle NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Keep closing my fitness rings on my watch. Do two arm workouts that consist of at least 3 arm exercises.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Treat Giver.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Pretty much all "As seen on TV" devices
    What was your favorite childhood TV show?

2 fun things about you? I love corny jokes and puns.

Anything else you would like to share? I look forward to the fun.
  • mrsjcw2007
    mrsjcw2007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first!

What do you like to do for fun? Get together with friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? Cleveland OH

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Increase strength

How would your pet or friend describe you? Introvert

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Neon colors

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Friday Night Videos

2 fun things about you? I love to shop and shop some more!

Anything else you would like to share? 52 yr old mom of a 14 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter...need all the energy to keep up with them!