Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• 93Turkey03
    93Turkey03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first one.

What do you like to do for fun? read, crochet

What major city do you live in or near? State? Augusta GA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get under 200 pounds

How would your pet or friend describe you? steady friend

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Weight Watchers

What was your favorite childhood TV show? sorry - I'm so old we didn't have TV when I was a child

2 fun things about you? I grew up in North Dakota, I'm a retired military spouse and have a retired military son

Anything else you would like to share? My Fitness Pal is working!

• sgod50
    sgod50 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    This is my first 5% challenge.

What do you like to do for fun?
    I cycle and enjoy spending time with my family

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    I live near Kansas City on the Kansas side.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I'd like to lose weight and get back to outdoor cycling regularly.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    My cats would say I don't feed them enough and give great head scratches. ;)

What popular fad product or style did you regret?
    I followed a program that was based on a 12 step eating program for a while. What a mind-fxxx

What was your favorite childhood TV show?
    Gilligan's Island

2 fun things about you?
    I've been a software developer for lots and lots of years. I love to do cycling tours.

Anything else you would like to share?
  • amyrob117
    amyrob117 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have participated in one so far.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to garden and read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Greenville, SC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To continue to build better health habits that will lead to weight loss.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and funny

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Rave 4 and big hair.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Facts of Life

2 fun things about you? I love to travel and I love all things Bigfoot related. :D

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first

What do you like to do for fun? I like to knit, read, cook, boat and just learning to crochet.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Connecticut

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight, working on 2,23 fitibit miles in 2023.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Motherly, quiet

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Can't think of one

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Brady bunch

2 fun things about you? Retired and loving it, I'm on a trivia team (not too good) with my sister and her hubby.

Anything else you would like to share? Married 36 year this year, one adult daughter - one pup (Monty)
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    - new here 😃🙋‍♀️

- read, walk, chat, visit, plan

- Portland, Maine

- get back on track - lost 30 lbs over 18 mos, regained it all plus some, this fall & winter 😬. Concentrating on food logging, which is what brought me to MFp, from Fitbit 👏

- snuggly

- blue eyeliner 🤣

- Happy Days

2 fun things about you?
    - I'm friendly, I like to laugh

- But I'm really an introvert - extroverted introvert, maybe 🤷‍♀️
  • mkksemail
    Options
    What major city do you live in or near? State? Greater Portland, Maine area right on the harbor.

Hi neighbor! 🙋‍♀️

(Also Portland, ME 😃)
  • mkksemail
    Options

Anything else you would like to share? Gramma of 7 ages 24, 21, 21, 21, 21, 14 and 11. The 21s are 2 sets of twins.

TWO sets of twins!! 😱
  • mkksemail
    Options
    lavalily wrote: »
    This will be my 26th, not counting the IBCs

Mostly I like to sit at my computer and write, but I also love gardening, playing piano or guitar, and 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzles

I live in Hawaii and the biggest city is Honolulu, on another island.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    To continue maintenance and hopefully take off another couple or so pounds. I also want to improve my ability to walk.

Reliable, consistent, loving, and a good lap to sleep on

Not sure - they were all fun for as long as they lasted - bell bottoms, big hair, but also the white shirts with the collar turned up with rolled-up jeans (late 40s). I wouldn't mind going back to that one!

Didn't have TV until I went off to college.

2 fun things about you?
    I'll be 89 years old at the end of summer, and I'm still mentally active and involved with Life!
    I only retired from being a college prof in psychology at the age of 87 - and I hate retirement! There was no real reason to retire except I thought it might be time.

I have 4 adult children, 9 grandchildren, and so far, 11 great-grands.
    My name is Lucy and here are my two modes of transportation.
    332wct98dg0e.jpg

You're fantastic !!! 👏😃👊
    And you live in Hawaii. I love everything about you! Lol 🥰
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    Let's just say so many that if I look back I can see the signs of time passing in my appearance. A LOT!!

That is a new challenge for me since health has altered my abilities..but am still doing gardening,,wood working , remodeling, knitting and crocheting..reading and of course tending my mulitple pets.

City: Colorado Springs-home of the Air Force Academy and Garden of the Gods
    State: Colorado

To increase stamina and regain previous fitness levels

Loyal, trustworthy and funny

klunky shoes

Anything with horses

2 fun things about you?
    Love to make others laugh
    Like to make stuff for others..let them know they are thought of and loved

Let's promise ourselves to do the best we can daily..then rest contentedly knowing we did!
  • skaniski26
    skaniski26 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember. I started on SP

What do you like to do for fun? Read, craft, And talk to people on my computer.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Pittsburgh PA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get healthier and more mobile.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, generous, and easy to get along with.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Bewitched

2 fun things about you?

• actualbearsss
    actualbearsss Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Summer '23 will be my first one!

What do you like to do for fun? Paint, write (fantasy fiction), play video games, read, gardening, taking care of my houseplants, crochet, I have a lot of hobbies!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Right between Orlando and Tampa, FL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'm working on beginning to add exercise into my routine. I've had an unhealthy relationship with diet/exercise for all of my teens and 20s, and now that a lot of my mental stuff is being managed, I'm finally in a place where it feels comfortable to slowly introduce new things for my physical health.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Passionate, protective, funny, cool

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I am under thirty so I have no fad-related regrets yet :sunglasses:

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Lizzie McGuire

2 fun things about you? I am currently a self-taught graphic designer and in school for wildlife ecology and conservation.

Anything else you would like to share? My partner and whole friend group are some of the best people I know. We're slowly building up a co-living situation together (multiple small houses on one piece of land-- I can never do roommates again lol) with a garden, chickens, communal area, etc. That and the black bear sanctuary I plan to open someday are my two life goals.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?  Since 2014 all

What do you like to do for fun? Playing games on the computer, making recipes healthy, walking 

What major city do you live in or near? State? Sharon Hill, PA 

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10lbs/go back to the Y

How would your pet or friend describe you? Bella very loveable owner. Friends I would do anything for them as I do 

What popular fad product or style did you regret?  My mom gave me a perm which ruined my scalp and middle of back length hair for life. I cried so heartbrokenly

What was your favorite childhood TV show?  bunch

2 fun things about you? I’ve listened to the same radio station since I was 8yrs old I’m 72yrs now. I like the outdoors 

Anything else you would like to share? I semi-retired in 2015 to watch my then 4yr old grandson. I work part-time fri & sat 3rd shift and when they need me to fill in during the week. 
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This my 1st!

What do you like to do for fun? I love the beach, walking, hiking, swimming, biking, movies, time with fam and friends, traveling.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Boston

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to lose 20 lbs this summer that I gained from a recent surgery/illness.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Caring, empathetic, sincere, type A

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Hmmm 🤔 are we talking fashion,,.cuz I have a lotta regrets there..lol.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Seinfeld

2 fun things about you? I’m more fun when I’m fit…so ask me at the end of summer 😆

Anything else you would like to share? I lost over 90 lbs in 2015 after a life of obesity. I kept it off until last year’s ailments knocked me down. Gained 1/2 back… down 15 lbs so far.

* FRIEND ME FOR SUPPORT!
  • renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this is my fifth.

What do you like to do for fun? Garden, read, walk a lot of 5k's, and give my cat belly rubs.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Kansas and live in Kansas City on the Kansas side.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to lose the weight I had lost on Optavia. I regained 50 pounds. I am working with a personal trainer and so my fitness is getting better.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and Loving

What popular fad product or style did you regret? like so many of us perms

What was your favorite childhood TV show?Happy Days

2 fun things about you? I like walking in 5k's, and I like to bake desserts which is bad but fun for me!

I want to run a marathon some day but I have to lose the 50 pounds I put on.
  • Kristen525c
    Kristen525c Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    This is my first!

We have a pontoon that we take to the lake and I love just floating all day.

Lexington, KY

I want to get pregnant again this year and with PCOS, losing 5% of my bodyweight can help with that.

My friends tell me I'm funny. My pets would probably say the opposite!

I grew up with a mom who was always on some fad diet and I regret being along for the ride. It wrecked my mental health.

I never missed an episode of Degrassi!

2 fun things about you?
    1. I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 bunnies, and 12 chickens.
    2. I love to read and before I had my toddler, I read 3-4 books per week!

Let's get deep. I'm only 32 and weigh over 300 pounds. I have always been bigger, beginning with a medical issue in elementary school which caused me to put on weight. That led to mistreatment from certain adults in my life as well as peers, leading to struggling with eating disorders throughout my adolescence. I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20s and have always struggled to lose weight. I have been obsessed with my body for most of my life now, and have dieted and "changed my lifestyle" more times than I can count. I'm terrible at following through because I struggle with depression and anxiety, and I don't think I truly believe I can be successful, yet here I am trying again. 5% for me is 15 pounds. It may not sound like a lot, but with the PCOS it is literally a battle to drop even one or two pounds. I really want to have another baby, so I am going to do my best to make good choices and work through the doubt.
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,757 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I started with sparkpeople in 2011, in the neighborhood of 50

What do you like to do for fun? gardening, walking, kayaking, fishing

What major city do you live in or near? State? near Twin Falls Idaho

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to keep on moving

How would your pet or friend describe you? playful, loyal

What popular fad product or style did you regret? making my own bellbottom flair, big hair,

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Dark Shadow's

2 fun things about you? like to think of fun things to do, like reading

Anything else you would like to share? caretaker of my hubby
  • Buckeye5
    Buckeye5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This is my first 5%.

I like walking, travel, learning

I’m from Texas

My goals are big, but this summer 5% then maintain, then another 5%.

People say I am smart, compassionate, empathetic, fun

I am pretty individual. Don’t feel like I need to follow trends.

Favorite childhood show — Brady Bunch, Columbo, Munsters

2 fun things - I am an over thinker which just means I am great in a crisis. And I am a high school teacher and love my job.

I am looking forward to accountability. I have never tried this, but really need some help this summer.
  • ipurificato
    ipurificato Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first 5% challenge. I lost 95 pounds. after losing the weight I let myself not think about what I was eating and suddenly (over about 6 months I realized I had gained 30 pounds back. I am now trying to lose the weight again. as of this morning I am down 11 of the pounds I gained. I want to take off the other 19.

I live near Albany NY.

My goals for this season is to keep walking 6100 steps a day and to lose 19 pounds
  • paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 866 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? - I started maybe in 2015 and did them all until Spark ended. I have just recently found the Challenge on MFP.

What do you like to do for fun? - Read, Knit, Garden, Play with Daisy, Enjoy my Grandkids

What major city do you live in or near? State? - A NW Suburb of Minneapolis, MN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? - After 5 surgeries in 2022, I want to gain strength, lose fat, increase my balance and lose some weight. I also want to start preparing healthier meals for my husband and me.

How would your pet or friend describe you? - Daisy thinks I'm the best mom in the world. So do my kids.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? - Dying my hair at the request (demand) of my mom - first and last time ever!

What was your favorite childhood TV show? - My Friend Flicka, Roy Rogers, Sky King, and Lassie. Oh, and Tarzan on Saturdays.

2 fun things about you? - I was a professional dancer in my late teens and early 20's. I had 3 daughters who were high maintenance and found myself pregnant again. When I learned it was twins I thought I was being punished and would get 2 more girls - but instead I got the best sons I could ever ask for. My daughters are wonderful now too but there was a lot of drama when they were growing up.

Anything else you would like to share? - I'm so happy my friend brought me back to the 5% Challenge. It helps keep my fitness goals on my mind.
  • Musicfanno173
    Musicfanno173 Posts: 1,175 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've lost count on how many ice done over the years. Started while Sparks was still in operation.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, scrapbooking, watch movies, play with my dog.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Kansas City, MO

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Just to be more active. Take better care of my health.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Lovable, friendly, quiet, caring, helpful,

What popular fad product or style did you regret? There's so many! Though, I can't say I've done many that I regret except for smoking. I did quit 40 years ago.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Bugs Bunny. Tom & Jerry.

2 fun things about you? I've found that I do have imagination when I'm doing something like scrapbooking. Love to share ideas.

Anything else you would like to share? Been married to the same man for 44 years this September. Have 3 adult now children. Broke my ankle in 3 places 33 years ago and am still having issues with pain. Had thyroid cancer 12 years ago but have been in remission since they took it out. Am, and always have been a clutz. You name it I've broken it.