Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Happy June. :)

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,
    Plugging along here too. I have my good moments and bad moments. It is fine. Just takes time...
    Glad you are getting stuff done too, Kate. Been having some nice weather here so spending a lot of time outside on the patio and in the yard. :)
    Hope you have a good day! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Today is rainy and dark. I think I will read and sew until my hair appointment this afternoon.
    @Meghan509 Our yard and garden are lovely this year. My husband has a goal to be able to have his entire meal out of the backyard. He planted grapes, so he will have to wait a few years, but he's well on his way with veggies and, soon, eggs from the chickens.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Surface cleaned most of my house yesterday. Today will finish the rest and catch up on laundry and bedding. Also might clean out the fridge, if I feel adventurous.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hit a little plateau in the weight loss. I looked at my log and I think I need to watch carbs on fast days. And drink more water.
    Didn't get to the fridge yesterday, and I still have to finish the laundry. There was a LOT of laundry built up from the last month of school. :o
    Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

I am back. Back at work today (remote) and hanging in. That is all I can do...

Slowly feeling a little better and less teary at the drop of a hat. Sigh.

It was nice to unplug and unwind the last week or so. Time flies. My family is hanging in as well.

Hope you are having a good summer so far @KateNkognito. I agree with you on carbs. They can make you retain a little. I am planning to get myself on a CICO regiment very soon. Simple 1500 for now with a short fast from over night to breakfast - 12 to 13 hours or so. Baby steps.

My nephew down in FL had his last day of school the other day. He won three awards: Honor Roll - All A's, Citizenship Award, and Top Reader in his Class. I am so proud of him! He is a good kid too.

Have a good Monday and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    *hugs* Meghan. It is hard. Glad you had time to unwind. Congrats to your nephew! That's awesome! Readers are leaders. :)
    Didn't get much done yesterday, so I am in uncomfortable pants until I get a move on today. Although, I did go to the store this morning.
    Fasting today. Planned out what we are having for dinner this week. Also got some healthy stuff for lunches. Look at me, being responsible and grown up. :o
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Back in person at work and it is going well. Traffic was typical but I arrived early / on time without any issues.

Thank you, @KateNkognito! I love this: Readers are leaders! <3 Hope your fast goes well!

Typical work stuff happening here. Nothing exciting. :) Hope you have a good day. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Silly me, I went to start laundry this morning and the fabric softener dispenser has been kinda gross for a while, and I have time on my hands, so I took it out and cleaned it. Not my best life choice. Between the softener fumes and some mildew, I couldn't breathe. Benadryl to the rescue! But now I am sleepy. This is what I get for cleaning things! :D
    Glad traffic was good and you are having a chill day at the office, @Meghan509!
    Going to go switch laundry and take a nap.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Walked the dog this morning and Holy Humidity, Batman! I *finally* finished all the laundry, I just have to fold it all today. :o
    Hope today is a good one! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

So sorry I did not have a chance to check in yesterday. Crazy day! Got stuck in traffic and then late for a 9:00am call as a result and then felt like I was shot out of a cannon all day long. Sigh. Good news is the day went by fast. Today's Thursday and jeans day WHOOT!

Here it is Holy Smoke, Batman! The east coast is crazy hazy due to the Canadian wild fires. Yesterday it was just a little hazy in the AM. Took a pic and sent it to my guy and then in the PM it almost turned like an orange yellow sky. UGH. I wore a mask to and from the car so I wouldn't breathe that stuff in. Smelled smoky too. Never had that happen before in this area. They said the air quality was the worse it has been since the 80's. YIKES.

Too funny regarding the dryer and cleaning, @KateNkognito LOL! Yes, feels a little humid here today too. Currently 60 F and hazy which is a low temp for us this time of year. So strange.

I hope you have a good Thursday! Resting or productive - all good!

Have a good one and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I saw the pictures of the east coast! That is just crazy! I hope today is more peaceful for you.
    Here the weather has straightened out. Not sure what I will get to today. Might just chill out.
    Have a lovely Friday Eve!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Friday is here! I am home today. Partly sunny and 61 degrees F but some rain expected today. Saturday and Sunday are expected to be warmer and sunny and I am planning to spend as much time as possible outdoors!

Have a dentist appointment scheduled for this afternoon and I wish I didn't have to go, sigh... Just a cleaning but not in the mood. This is one that had been scheduled and rescheduled a bunch of times due to my travel to and from FL. Today's the day, need to suck it up!

Not much else happening here. Hoping for a quiet day at work. Low key...

Hope you have a nice relaxing day, @KateNkognito and don't have to clean anything today. :smiley: You deserve a break!

The nice news of the week is Jet Blue refunded me for the trip I was to take the week of June 19 to Florida. It is obviously cancelled due to my Dad's passing. They asked me to send through a copy of my Dad's death certificate and they credited me back my $300 to my form of payment. That is nice of them to do. We do plan to travel with them again later this year at some point but for now I will gladly take the money back. :)

Hope you have a great Friday and a nice weekend! See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I am having trouble getting going today. There are things I need to do, but I'm just laying here, browsing the internet.
    @Meghan509, that is really nice that you got your money back. I have heard good things about Jet Blue. Also, I feel you about the dentist. I really need to make an appointment for a cleaning, but I just don't want to.
    The next few days are going to be busy. We have tickets to a musical, I want to go to wine and coloring right after, there is a big Main Street Market, and then on Monday, I have an appointment with my chiropractor to discuss ALL my physical and mental health stuff. And I think my husband's brother and his wife are going to be here next week.
    I guess that means I better get a move on. Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Monday is back. Grumble grumble.

At least we had a nice weekend and good weather. We were able to sit outside in the yard both days. Today is cloudy and a little meh but that's okay.

Been a busy day at work. I am remote today. Hope your weekend was nice, @KateNkognito and sometimes relaxing and surfing the 'net is the best way! LOL Good luck with the MD appt. I love chiropractors too. Enjoy the company coming by too.

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Whoops! I missed yesterday! Chiropractor appointment went well. I have a starting point and some new supplements.
    Glad you enjoyed your weekend, @Meghan509! Our weather has been so nice, too. Except we were all outside last night and the bugs were enjoying the weather, too.
    Off to do stuff. Have a lovely week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

One of those emotional mornings today. Got teary on the way to work, sitting in traffic. Sigh. I am dreading Father's Day this Sunday. :'( I guess they say time will heal...

Traffic was not too bad and I made it in early which is nice. Figures on the day when most of my folks are traveling I am EARLY. LOL

Good, glad you got set up at the Chiropractor today, @KateNkognito that should help you feel better. :) Got to love the bugs. LOL We use that Backyard spray which I think is by the brand Cutter. We spray it around the patio area and areas we like to hang out via our garden hose. It helps keep the lovely mosquitos at bay. We also use citronella candles, the big giant ones from Wal-Mart or BJ's for night time when it gets buggy.

Not much else going on here, which is fine by me. Hope you have a good day!! See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Happy Wednesday. I am tired and don't really feel like being in the office today. Dealing with stupid women stuff too. UGH. Zzzzz... There is a "Team Building" event after work or from 4:00pm to 7:00pm where the group is cooking a meal and eating it. Sounds cute but told them a week or so ago that I am going to pass. Just not in the mood. :(

Sorry to be Debbie Downer. Just one of those days...

Hope you have a good day. See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Not too bad here. Better than yesterday, after reading what I wrote. Sigh...

Quiet day in the office with a lot of folks working remotely. Except my boss of course. LOL But, she is easy. :)

Hope you have a good day and a nice Friday Eve! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I am glad today is going better. :) I am not a people person, so everyone knows better than to expect me at a group event. LOL
    I haven't been doing well with fasting the last couple of days because of family in town. I feel awful today. Going to avoid them as long as possible and then just have a bit of dinner tonight.
    Have a lovely Friday Eve!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Yes, today is going well too, thanks @KateNkognito. Just need to get through my first Father's Day without my Dad. I can do it. :'(

Had my six month skin cancer screening today and she removed two more "atypical" moles UGH. Fingers crossed that they are no big deal and we caught the bad stuff before it could get worse.

Not much else going on here. Some heavy rain happening. Good day to be home working remotely and not dealing with stupid traffic. LOL

Hope you have a nice visit with family Kate! Stay strong and hang in there with the icky feeling. <3

Have a great weekend. See you soon!