Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

micaroo4 wrote: »
    My experience with longer fasts is the clarity I feel after 36 hours, and how great it is for reducing inflammation. I have a condition that I was told could only be controlled with steroids, but I'm able to control it with fasting and no drugs at all. Do you cut out caffeine during your fast? I've done fasting both with and without caffeine. Caffeine during a fast will make you feel supercharged! But without caffeine the fast will do a better job of reducing inflammation.

Wow, I had no idea about the effect of a fast on inflammation. Is it to do with reduction of salt in your body? You do make it sound kind of appealing even thought I’ve never considered fasting before.

I had a good 7.5 hours last night. I don’t know if I feel bursting with energy or more prepared for the day but it must be better than 5 hours!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Congrats @vegan4lyfe2012!!!!! Your grandbabies are so beautiful and now you have a third one coming!
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    tfelts147 wrote: »
    I've been getting my steps in even though my knee is still on and off....

I'm going to try a longer fast tomorrow/Thursday.... the longest I've done is ~24 hours.... I'm shooting for ~36 hours. I'm hoping that will Kickstart things for me.

Tim

My experience with longer fasts is the clarity I feel after 36 hours, and how great it is for reducing inflammation. I have a condition that I was told could only be controlled with steroids, but I'm able to control it with fasting and no drugs at all. Do you cut out caffeine during your fast? I've done fasting both with and without caffeine. Caffeine during a fast will make you feel supercharged! But without caffeine the fast will do a better job of reducing inflammation.

I usually do water only or green tea. I have never liked coffee so don't do coffee during fasts. I will probably do a cup or two of green tea during this one.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good Morning!

Today is going to be a long day. It's time to DECLUTTER the our house!

@Katmary71 we have lived in our home for over 23 yrs. We have filled every corner of the house with stuff. Most of it is mine (3 closets full of clothes that maybe I will wear again) when I am done I will only have 1 closet, but he is also having to make choices.

@vegan4lyfe your grandbabies are so sweet! Get in them snuggles.

Have a wonderful eveyone!

• Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    tfelts147 wrote: »
    I've been getting my steps in even though my knee is still on and off....

I'm going to try a longer fast tomorrow/Thursday.... the longest I've done is ~24 hours.... I'm shooting for ~36 hours. I'm hoping that will Kickstart things for me.

Tim

I've done IF in the past. I cannot do it on a daily basis but I'm able to fast once in a while. It does seem to get your body back on track.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 It feels good to get rid of stuff, doesn't it?

@DJill68 I'm so sorry about your depression. What can you do today for a healthier you? Just one thing. Great job walking to the mailbox! I do have some recipes for you, I've not made these yet:
    Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Spaghetti Squash https://www.melissassouthernstylekitchen.com/chicken-parmesan-spaghetti-squash/
    Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash http://peasandcrayons.com/2016/02/cheesy-buffalo-chicken-spaghetti-squash-recipe.html

@vegan4lyfe2012 BYRON! So cute! And Sophie looks like a little doll baby! So adorable. That's amazing that Sydney is also pregnant, that will be great to have the kids grow up around the same age.

@shaunarlr83 Your life has changed so much since you joined us. Way to go!

@FushiaKat Congrats on your 1st place win!

@Katmary71 It was but I wasn't in the mood for unhealthy. :( Have a great day!

@19shmoo69 Happy World Blood Donor Day! As a blood donor, I approve!

@tfelts147 Good luck with your fast!

@ddainiak That's right. The scale is going in the right direction! Woo hoo! Monty! He's so cute and I love the pic of him, he looks like he's smiling!

Hi all. I've decided I need to just quit my job and stay home: most of my bad eating is at work. I tend to "reward" myself for being there with stuff like a bag of chips or M&Ms. Ugh.

4th of July challenge: tracked 100% of what I ate

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 – I adore all your hiking photos. Your life has changed so much for the better and I’m so happy you’re starting this new decade in the right headspace :)
    @FushiaKat – Congrats on taking 1st Place! Sucks with the hearing aid feedback. Why are you only supposed to wear them for such a short period of time? And I’d love to see a picture of your new bracelet.
    @Katmary71 – You cracked us up with the inventor or sci fi writer – that is definitely the hair vibe he gives off! I’m sorry you’re having such a difficult time right now with pain. Hopefully the stretching will help. I planted the purple basil. Super tiny little leaves sprouting right now…so excited for it to grow!
    @megnolia82 – Happy the bird made its way out and the kids got to experience that without anyone getting hurt. So glad you had a dynamite day of eating yesterday! Keep that momentum going!
    @19shmoo69 – I realize you’re writing “time” instead of “tine”, but am I totally thick headed? Cuz I just don’t get it!
    @tfelts147 – Goodness! A 36 hour fast?!? Do you start it before bed one night and carry it through so that a good portion of it is 2 nights of sleeping?
    @ddainiak – Monty is so cute! Posing for mommy to take his picture :)
    @txcritter69 – How’s the decluttering going? I just need to attack stuff and git’r’dun instead of looking at things, sighing, then having a depression snack instead.
    @trooworld – Are you seriously quitting your job? Not sure if you’re being sarcastic. I have the opposite problem…when I’m home, I graze constantly. At work, all the snacky things people bring in to share are typically not vegan, so they don’t even tempt me. Although the pretzels in the vending machine call my name quite frequently…
    Thanks everyone! All’s perfect on the Grammy front. My eating, though, has sucked monkey butt. I have not eaten properly all week…just been making whatever is the easiest, which is definitely not the healthiest. Also been snacking a LOT. Not sure if some of you remember the issues I had when Hunter still lived at home and constantly brought junk food into the house and I always felt tempted. She asked me to get out some old photos so she could compare her baby photos with her son’s and I happened across some VERY old photos of me when I was 19…and a size 6. She couldn’t believe it (she’s never seen me smaller than a size 10). She took one of the photos of me posing with my turquoise Dodge Shadow Sport I had then (1993) and put it on my fridge and said that was inspiration to lose weight and to save money for a new blue car. So that is now under the picture of Dr. Now and his quote “NO MORE EXCUSES”. We’ll see if that helps with motivation :)
    No Zero Days June Goals 6/13:
    1. Weigh/Measure/Log all food – yes
    2. 6,000 Steps – yes
    3. Stop eating when pleasantly full – no
    4. No snacking after 10pm – no
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I'll have to pass on that celebration.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Im just weird. It's an attempt at being playful.
  • Brigit02
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @trooworld congrats on leaving your job! When I worked in an office I'd shove food down my throat all day. Doing that and sitting for eight hours makes it hard to lose the weight. Bet you'll slim down quickly!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @trooworld – Are you seriously quitting your job? Not sure if you’re being facetious. I have sometimes fallen into the work-snack pattern. I interrupt the urge by keeping a list of tedious but necessary tasks to use as a way to give myself a break from the harder work. After crunching spreadsheets for a couple of hours, putting labels on folders for 10 minutes is a welcome pause for my brain. Calorie free.

I'm not sure who asked about the fasting, but I think the reason it helps with inflammation is because the body isn't wasting resources to digest foods and control blood sugar. The body can work on restoring and repairs.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 LOL this is the only place no one gets offended from being called a loser! I’m glad the kids handled the guest well! Wonderful job on another good day!

@tfelts147 Great job getting those steps in, must be challenging with your knee! Good luck on the longer fast, I’m rooting you on!

@micaroo4 I’m curious about your fasting for inflammation too, is tea ok? OK I’m caught up so you don’t need to answer! I may be able to try it now as the issue was before was my blood sugar crashing after workouts but I can’t work out like I used to so it may help now.

@ddainiak Monty looks like he loves the beach!

@txcritter69 That’s fair then, it’s hard to declutter that severely but it does feel great after you do it.

@troooworld Great job tracking, you’re doing great on the challenge! We’re just a few weeks away now too! I took that as you joking sarcastically about your job but we’re ready to throw the send-off party!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I’m glad the basil is sprouting, it will be a combo of green and purple, it’s real pretty and good in everything. Now do you agree on that being your inspiration?

This group’s been hopping today! I’m listening to a micro current talk and catching up early as I’m going out for ice cream with a friend in a bit. Still sticking to stretching and did some cleaning today as I’m having a friend over Friday and folks over Sunday. Not much else going on, have a great Thursday!

- Body mechanics pretty good.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've finally put up a good week and did most of the things I need to do for my health. Mindful eating- yes on track. I'm excited for my weigh in tomorrow, but trying not to be too excited.

And

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Lisa
  • Brigit02
    Options
    LOL! @trooworld were you being sarcastic? I'm usually pretty quick with dark comedy. I must be slowing down.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Oh no, being sarcastic sorry! I am married to my job lol. I'll probably die at my desk. :D I remember you having that problem when Hunter lived with you. I hope your old photo helps you but if it makes you feel bad, please take it down!

@Brigit02 I should have clarified, not really leaving, I was just joking. I do wish sometimes I could leave! Sorry about the mixup. Yes, it does make it hard. Yeah, I have a twisted sense of humor lol.

@micaroo4 No. I made a joke and it's hard to joke through writing sometimes lol. I was being facetious. :D That's a good idea to do something mundane for a break. Thanks.

@Katmary71 Thank you! I was joking about quitting, you got that right. :D I hope you enjoyed the ice cream.

@Cornanda Great job!

@19shmoo69 Don't you ever quit our group. :D

@Bemybestby60 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. NO I am not quitting my job, it was a poorly-explained joke lol. I love my job and will probably die at my desk (with Doritos in my mouth). I do need to do something and I am going to start with going for a walk on my lunch and eating my lunch while working after the walk. Sorry for the poorly executed joke! I hope you all have a fantastic day! <3

4th of July challenge: tracked 100% of what I ate

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
This discussion has been closed.