Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    @askewcr I hope you heal up soon. Hugs 🤗

@19shmoo69 I sent you an invite. This challenge started yesterday I think but just jump in there. I’ll keep you on the invites for now on.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,195 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 , beautiful babies!! Congratulations new Grammy!! Enjoy! ☺️❣️
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    Had a good 7 hour sleep.
    Eating was excellent yesterday.
    For the first time in months or maybe years, I woke up without the full feeling in my stomach. I know this week will be great. I just hope I can develop habits that get me through months and not just day 1.

Have a good one!

Back atcha, meg! WTG!!

DJill68 wrote: »
    I’m really struggling lately. I have zero motivation. All I want to do is sleep ( my coping skill) and I can’t even do that. When I have to make the smallest decision, like what’s for dinner, it paralyzing. It’s so stupid, I know, but that’s how my depression works. I have chicken and spaghetti squash, anyone have a recipe or suggestion how I turn this into a decent dinner? I’m going to put on a bra, lol, and walk to my mailbox (8 min walk). Hope it helps. Someone please hold me accountable ;)
    DJill68 wrote: »
    Update- fixed lunch, walked to mail box and back. One day I will post the route to my mailbox and then you will understand it’s quite a workout.

*reaching thru to take your hand* Good job, Jill! Keep making that walk with each day, even if it doesn't feel like it, it will do you a world of good 💕. Plus, it's an easy, definable, goal to accomplish each day, too! I bet by the end of summer, of you do it daily, it will feel like a pleasant interlude instead of a difficult workout. 👟👟👏😎❤️‍🩹

What did you fix for lunch?

On that spaghetti squash and chicken, if it's rainy and chilly by you, put them on a roasting pan, drizzle some olive oil on them, some garlic salt and black pepper, or lemon pepper and rosemary, maybe, and roast them for a yummy dinner.

If it's warmer out, just sautee them.

Depending on how much you have of each, you could plate 4+ servings, and have the rest of the week"s dinners all made for you.

Enjoy 👏
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - 3 cousins, almost the same age! It will be so much fun for them if they can get together frequently as they grow up! Byron is quite handsome. And of course Sophie is a doll!
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello my SlimPeeps! Just now getting around to my intro because my first grandson was just born 5 days ago to my youngest daughter, Hunter, and her hubby Michael. May I introduce Byron Henry. He was 8# and 21”.
    ub881a6znjfo.jpg

This is my first granddaughter (born to my son, Marcus and his wife Ashley) that was born just 7 weeks before Byron is Miss Sophie Ellen. She’s getting so big!
    74tw2r872u9b.jpg

And my middle daughter, Sydney, just announced she’s 6 weeks pregnant! So all 3 of my children will have had a child within one year of each other! Super fun Grammy time for sure!

As a single empty nester, I am enjoying my quiet time with my sweet American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for over 18 years. I am trying to get back on track with unprocessed, whole foods. When I ate “clean” like that a few years ago, I was able to lose about 40 pounds. Yes. Gained it all back plus 5. I’m working with a therapist on my BED. He’s the best. P.S. Vegan faux meats are the Debil (IYKYK).

No Zero Days June Goals
    1. Weigh/Measure/Log all food
    2. 6,000 Steps
    3. Stop eating when pleasantly full
    4. No snacking after 10pm

2023 Mantra: NO WISHES!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mipa04049vfv6t137mk1wdu27w5ezgb089t1xdot&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 Sounds like yesterday was a great day, you’re going into this week with an awesome attitude! You have a good one too!

@trooworld Sounds like the professional development day was tasty despite not being healthy, I love Costco muffins!

@txcritter69 So is the majority of the yard sale stuff your husband’s or yours? I’m wondering because you said it would blow his mind! Great job getting vacation weight off, wtg!

@DJill68 An easy thing to do would be just putting pasta sauce or salsa on chicken and spaghetti squash, I’ve roasted the spaghetti squash and made boats out of it so doing something like chicken taco meat over it would be good. Hey the bra and walk is really hard to do when depressed, last time I went through a bad period my goal was brushing my teeth and making my bed when I got up even if I got back in bed an hour later. I’m glad you made it there, woot woot! Mine is only the distance of a few houses but it’s still something I have to put a bra on because of course if I didn’t someone would be outside wanting to talk.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Byron and Sophie look a lot alike, such precious babies! He looks like an inventor or sci fi writer but maybe I’m thinking that from the dinos and cool hair! Wow and one more on the way, that’s so exciting! Congratulations, enjoy every minute!

@mkksemail Yum your squash and chicken sounds awesome and easy, I love sheet pan meals!

@shaunarlr83 I love that beautiful photo and love the positive attitude, I can’t wait to see what you do next too!!

@FushiaKat Very true half the days is better than none. The loud feedback sounds terrible, I hope you’re able to get that fixed soon. Gentle hugs to you, I hope you feel a little better when you wake up tomorrow and hope the bracelet brings you joy.

Hi team! Spent the day at home mostly resting, my neighbor gave me a bunch of old pots and I brought them home in a wheelbarrow and got some things potted up. Did my PT stretches and some core stuff and am headed out to water then a bath and in bed to read the latest James Patterson Murder Club book. Have a great Wednesday!
    - Good body mechanics going well
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 congratulations on the beautiful grand babies! What a wonderful and exciting time :)

@djill68 hang in there. Sending big hugs your way. Sounds like you made some progress today just by putting one foot in front of the other even when it was a struggle. That’s an accomplishment. I hope the rest of your day was good.

Happy evening, losers! Today we had a surprise at school. I had a class in the library and suddenly a young starling flew into the room through a hole that a roof drain comes through! The kids (grade 2) were excellent and more fascinated than anything else. We shut the lights and doors and closed all the blinds except a couple where we opened up the windows. It did fly out on its own after some sightseeing. Luckily it stayed up near the ceiling. What a story to take home tonight! Hahaha

I had another dynamite day for eating. I know I thrive on momentum. A good day breeds more good days. A bad day sends me on a downward path. I have to keep building on these excellent days.

Goal: bed by 10:30 tonight so I get 7.5 hours. I’ll let you know if I make it!

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentime's Day Everybody!!!
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Happy Valentime's Day Everybody!!!

Goof! 🤣🫶💖

Happy V-Day, rebooted! Now in June 😁

Why not - we have Christmas in July 😄
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been getting my steps in even though my knee is still on and off....

I'm going to try a longer fast tomorrow/Thursday.... the longest I've done is ~24 hours.... I'm shooting for ~36 hours. I'm hoping that will Kickstart things for me.

Tim
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    @tfelts147 good job on the walking! Just be careful with your knee!

Wow, good for you on the 36 hour fast. I don’t think I could do it. I did the 30 hour famine in high school and that was enough for me.

Well, 10:30 on the dot and I’m in bed and falling asleep. Go me! Goodnight :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    tfelts147 wrote: »
    I've been getting my steps in even though my knee is still on and off....

I'm going to try a longer fast tomorrow/Thursday.... the longest I've done is ~24 hours.... I'm shooting for ~36 hours. I'm hoping that will Kickstart things for me.

Tim

My experience with longer fasts is the clarity I feel after 36 hours, and how great it is for reducing inflammation. I have a condition that I was told could only be controlled with steroids, but I'm able to control it with fasting and no drugs at all. Do you cut out caffeine during your fast? I've done fasting both with and without caffeine. Caffeine during a fast will make you feel supercharged! But without caffeine the fast will do a better job of reducing inflammation.
This discussion has been closed.