Sunday - 12037
    Monday - 10903
    Tuesday - 12397
    Wednesday - 9921
    Thursday - 14861
    Friday - 9417
    Saturday - 11595

Total steps - 81131
    Daily step goal - 9000 (yes, I finally decided to increase from 7500, let's hope I can keep it up! o:) )
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Huge congrats to our winners from last week: @GarysGirl78 , @Marcy2890 , and @ssssseika !!!

Overall, it looks like we mostly maintained, which is a fantastic way to start a month. It means we, for the most part, held onto good habits and stayed away from our bad ones. And on that note, let's look at what Week 2 will bring us.
    1. What's one good habit you'd like to continue from last week?
    2. What's one not-so-good habit from last week you'd like to break?
    3. How are you feeling about July Week 2?

Woh, that's crazy.. Didn't even think I'd make top 5! :D Thank you!!

Awesome job everyone, great start indeed!

So... One good habit I'd like to keep: getting my runs and rides in like last week... 3 runs and a decent bike ride (in addition to the daily walks with my dog) is a pretty decent week, despite the stressful time at work.

One not-so-good habit from last week I'd like to break - snacks... Ever since I got back from Florida I ate more (unhealthy) snacks than in the previous months. I just need to leave the ice cream and bags of crisps in the supermarket >:)

I'm feeling good about July Week 2, just taking it one day at a time and making sure I stay under calorie goal. As the only reason I lost this much this week is my increase in exercise - those calories I'm still not eating back (entirely).
  • akstamps
    akstamps Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @akstamps here is a link to a collection of YouTube videos (click the little icon with 3 lines and an arrow to see them all) I've used for workouts, stretches, how-to do exercises properly, etc. I recommend the gentle morning yoga, full body stretch, and walking with Jo.

Also, these are free apps I've used and would recommend lose weight in 30 days (full body guided exercises that can be repeated), freeletics and 8fit are also good but the exercise routines tend to be more strenuous.
    m1t07n97d57y.jpg

Medito and sleep sounds are helpful for getting to sleep. I'm also a terrible sleeper. I take a melatonin tablet, lavender drops on my pillow and wear a sleep mask most nights. Sometimes, I also take an antihistamine as well. I've seen people claiming that certain warm infusion drinks help, such as melissa, camomile, lettuce (tried that a few nights ago - don't know if it helped but it wasn't worse either). I tend to go to bed late or lie in bed for hours trying to get to sleep. These things have helped me fall asleep quicker. When I don't sleep for long, I no longer stress about it and tell myself that it's ok, you'll get through the day like you always do and can catch up later.

Good luck 🍀

Thanks so much!! My daughter and I are going to try one of the videos tonight. I'll keep the group updated.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    USERNAME: i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    WEIGH-IN DAY: Mondays
    PW: 191.2
    CW: 188.4

Steps for 7/2-7/8:

Sun: 12,142
    Mon: 12,857
    Tues: 14,106
    Wed: 10,539
    Thur: 14,804
    Fri: 10,954
    Sat: 11,802

TOTAL: 87,209
  • CassiaS1
    CassiaS1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! My weigh in day was yesterday but I forgot to post. I had company in town and ended up back at my starting weight at 245.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    A good habit I'd like to keep is managing my calories...plus drinking lots of water.
    A habit I'd like to improve on is walking more.
    A not-so-good habit I'd like to break is my "I'll do it later" excuse because later never comes...the 😏 says it all.
    I feel good going into week 2.

@BodyTalking -
    Oh boy, the "I'll do it later" mentality is so hard to break out of. Do you have an idea of how you'll enforce this? Is it just a matter of creating a schedule, or just reorganizing one you already have?

akstamps wrote: »
    If anyone has any ideas for low impact workouts that I can do at home, please let me know. I get winded quickly doing most aerobic exercises and it is too hot outside to do many walks.

@akstamps - At the beginning of the pandemic, I used this free app to do short workouts in my living room. Not all of their exercises are low-impact, but the majority of them are. And if you find a movement in any of the apps that you particularly like, you can always incorporate it into your day.

I used to do 10 squats and 10 elevated (kitchen counter height) pushups back and forth while waiting for the microwave to announce that my food was done (i.e. hot on the outside and cold on the inside). Little simple things can make a huge difference if you let them, and we humans tend to spend a lot of time just sitting/standing around waiting for things.
    akstamps wrote: »
    NOT SO GREAT HABIT: I'd like to break my habit of staying up late. I am not going to bed until 2 a.m., then my body wakes me up like clockwork at 5:30 a.m. I spend the day feeling exhausted. I've been like this for about two years.

Is there a particular reason you're staying up that late? My body does the same, waking me up before 6am if my alarm hasn't yet, and I had to transition into switching everything off by 9:30pm at the latest so I could get ready for bed - I think the act of getting ready for bed made me more aware of how tired I was.

How do I feel going into week two: I want to lose at least one pound this week. So going into this really busy week, I’m determined and focused!

@alexhomeandcoffee -
    You can absolutely drop a pound this week! Be sure to consume plenty of water and protein so that what you lose isn't muscle (both of which should assist in satiating you, so you're less likely to overeat!). What's the plan to reach your goal?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Laurabb99 wrote: »
    Not bad since I traveled Thursday through Sunday. I'm going to focus on stretching and and tracking while potty training my two year old this week 😁

@Laurabb99 -
    Good luck with potty training! I've heard that can be exhausting - here's hoping your toddler grasps it quickly.

Daily step goal - 9000 (yes, I finally decided to increase from 7500, let's hope I can keep it up! o:) )

@GarysGirl78 -
    We LOVE when we can increase our goals. Progression can be so satisfying. You got this!
    One not-so-good habit from last week I'd like to break - snacks... Ever since I got back from Florida I ate more (unhealthy) snacks than in the previous months. I just need to leave the ice cream and bags of crisps in the supermarket >:)

Cutting back on snacks is probably one of my least favorite things about weight loss. I love pretzels with a burning passion, and sitting with a giant family sized bag next to me while I work used to be a major problem for me. Are you planning on cutting out snacking in general, or just replacing the "unhealthy" with "healthier" choices?

@i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR - Great loss!

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-1,923
    Mon-7,999
    Tues-9,352
    Wed-11,640
    Thurs-7,215
    Fri-7,527
    Sat-9,951
  • alexhomeandcoffee
    alexhomeandcoffee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm

I’ve upped my protein for this week and I’ll make sure to drink more water.

I also want to do more walking, so my son and I walked to the store instead of driving there.
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Username: ssssseika
    Weigh-In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 155.8
    CW: 157.1
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm I don't have much of a plan to get myself to do things in the moment. I know what I need to do and I know that if I just do a little bit here and there it'll help just get it done, however...
  • careyella
    careyella Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Carey ella

Sunday weigh in
    PW:153.4
    CW:153
  • HH1006
    HH1006 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 120.6lbs
    CW: 120.4lbs

I accidentally had a latte right before my weigh in, but doubt it changed things too much. I engaged in some emotional eating over the past couple weeks, but still making progress and feeling more confident in my ability to stay consistent.
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    Sun 12679
    Mon 9751
    Tue 10580
    Wed 9920
    Thur 10936
    Fri 11820
    Sat 13666

Total 79352
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    cju0ec2w4r2d.jpg

@BodyTalking you asked for some pictures of my life in Rwanda. I've got plenty!
    Here is a picture I took while jogging around campus Monday morning. The phone camera never does the scenery justice. I live and volunteer at the Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA). They have a beautiful campus in Eastern Rwanda on the shore of Lake Kilimbi. I have also been posting pictures of lunches I have at the cafeteria in the week 2 veg out challenge chat.

mv7l4ow6apub.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm

I’ve upped my protein for this week and I’ll make sure to drink more water.

I also want to do more walking, so my son and I walked to the store instead of driving there.

@alexhomeandcoffee -

You walked to the store? Did you end up having to carry a bunch of groceries back?

HH1006 wrote: »
    I accidentally had a latte right before my weigh in, but doubt it changed things too much. I engaged in some emotional eating over the past couple weeks, but still making progress and feeling more confident in my ability to stay consistent.

@HH1006 -

As a coffee addict, there is no accidental consumption of a latte. And a maintain after consuming something is probably indicative of a loss, so that could be a fun thing to look forward to next week if you maintain your momentum!

@JessicaVRosati -

Phone camera or not, that looks lovely!
    Mindlessly snacking on chocolates that my husband bought.

I like to tell myself that calories that come from chocolate don't count, but at the same time... that might be why my weight hasn't shifted for a bit. Are the chocolates out in the open?

• 2BFitgranny
    2BFitgranny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Username: 2bfitgranny
    Weigh-In Day: Monday (July 10)
    PW: 213.2
    CW: 213.8
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 194.4 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 194.6 lbs

Was at a 2 day conference for work, so I am just glad that I was able to stay around the same. I made sure to work out each morning, but I'm sure the salt is still an issue. Hoping this isn't another plateau, but if it is, I will stick with it until I get to the other side. Go team!
  • GarysGirl78
    Options

Cutting back on snacks is probably one of my least favorite things about weight loss. I love pretzels with a burning passion, and sitting with a giant family sized bag next to me while I work used to be a major problem for me. Are you planning on cutting out snacking in general, or just replacing the "unhealthy" with "healthier" choices?

@minstrelofsarcasm Cutting out the unhealthy snacks completely and only occasionally snack on some carrots, tomatoes, mini cucumbers or some fruit.

I rarely eat (processed) carbs with my meals anymore, so there's some room for vegetables and fruits (sugars) if I don't overdo it. That and I do use the sugars doing some form of exercise daily so I shouldn't worry about them too much I think.

@i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Very nice loss indeed! 💪

• GarysGirl78
    Options
    cju0ec2w4r2d.jpg

Stunning regardless!! 😍
This discussion has been closed.