what 90 day program are you committed to complete?

Options
I am going to do a hybrid of t25 and turbo fire beachbody programs. What are you doing or what have you done in the past?

Replies

• JoQuinn523
    JoQuinn523 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thinking about doing INSANITY or PX90.......... has anyone tried anyone of these?
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thinking about doing INSANITY or PX90.......... has anyone tried anyone of these?

I have done insanity. I am actually looking to get certified this saturday to teach the live version...kind of nervous. But is on my bucket list and Im going for it. p90x kind of scares me. but will be on my to do list next year I'm sure. I became a beachbody coach (you get 25% off the programs :) ) and am slowly getting these programs completed. they're awesome!!!

insanity is HARD. its a lot of cardio sports condition drills. Like you would see a football player doing in preseason.
  • JoQuinn523
    JoQuinn523 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

I have done insanity. I am actually looking to get certified this saturday to teach the live version...kind of nervous. But is on my bucket list and Im going for it. p90x kind of scares me. but will be on my to do list next year I'm sure. I became a beachbody coach (you get 25% off the programs :) ) and am slowly getting these programs completed. they're awesome!!!

insanity is HARD. its a lot of cardio sports condition drills. Like you would see a football player doing in preseason.
    That may be too hard for me - I do have both but have never tried it - I really am determined to lose 30lbs before my daughter's wedding in May 2014
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Do I have to commit to a program, or will a 90 day commitment to exercise suffice? I'm not sure of starting a program right now, but will continue my current level of activities and definitely want a rocking bod for the new year :)
  • karen_huse
    karen_huse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me and my oldest son are doing p90x. It is my second time trying the first time I had to quit early because I got pregnant! But this time I am giving it more of a go go but without buying their food/nutrition program. I have just been watching what I am eating and drinking (that is my calorie dump, or used to be). It is not scary some are hard but i guess since I did it before I am not shocked now. We are about a week and a half into it missed 1 day and substituted 2 other days with walking miles.
  • Amandakd84
    Amandakd84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one!! I don't have any videos that I could do for 90 days. I can commit to working out, just not a 90 day video work out :s
  • Melyspot
    Melyspot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lasted for 21 days... lol. It was just hard for me to do the program six days a week and being a single mom. For example, I waited until my daughter was in bed for the night to do my workouts and found myself doing the yoga, which is 90 minutes long, up until 11:30 at night.

I was doing the lean program of p90x and I think its challenging but definitely not impossible... Insanity scares me! Lol.
  • Melyspot
    Melyspot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do I have to commit to a program, or will a 90 day commitment to exercise suffice? I'm not sure of starting a program right now, but will continue my current level of activities and definitely want a rocking bod for the new year :)

Hey! I am with you on this one... 90 day workout programs are tough for me, but I love the motivating concept of this group... Rocking Bod for the New Year! I try to work out 4 times a week :-)
  • katyanne15
    Options

you don't need a particular program. just a dedication to fitness and desire to better yourself :)
  • katyanne15
    Options
    I lasted for 21 days... lol. It was just hard for me to do the program six days a week and being a single mom. For example, I waited until my daughter was in bed for the night to do my workouts and found myself doing the yoga, which is 90 minutes long, up until 11:30 at night.

I was doing the lean program of p90x and I think its challenging but definitely not impossible... Insanity scares me! Lol.

thats funny that insanity scares you and p90x scares me. When I was at my heaviest, and not at all in shape to even dream about doing p90x, my husband tried it and puked the first day....thats why it scares me....lol .and you have to do curl ups and stuff and I knew I couldn't do anything like that. no extra equipment needed for insanity which I liked. Have you heard of t25??? its similar to insanity but the workouts are only 25 minutes. they're hard and non stop (no breaks) but you get in, work hard, and are done. Its been nice to find time to complete the workouts. finding an hour-hour and a half is hard to find 6 times a week for sure.
  • Renegade706
    Options
    I start a 90 day program tomorrow i designed for me with help from my cousin who is a personal trainer. Its a combination of weight training and HIIT cardio in the same workout. Will be intense, but im more concerned with giving up Diet coke than the training lol
  • katyanne15
    Options

they actually have a hybrid workout schedule for these 2 programs if you want me to get if for you. the switch off doing the two programs and have it all laid out for you. if after 2 weeks you feel you like one or the other better than switch to the full seperate schedule or keep going with the hybrid.
  • katyanne15
    Options
    I start a 90 day program tomorrow i designed for me with help from my cousin who is a personal trainer. Its a combination of weight training and HIIT cardio in the same workout. Will be intense, but im more concerned with giving up Diet coke than the training lol

good luck with the coke, soda pop is SO SO SO bad for you, you will feel so much better once you kick that...it will be rough the first few weeks but after than you will be loving life. I hate waisting my daily calorie allotment on drinks :) water only for me
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started T25 today, and after I'm done with that, I'm looking to do Insanity! =) Kinda nervous, but excited!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of the Strong Curves advanced program (it goes for 12 weeks) so I'm just going to keep on doing that. 3-4 workouts a week with weights and I want to commit to at least 2 cardio workouts a week on top of that.

My main challenge is to get my eating under control though
  • poojapremkumar
    Options
    I have started Jamie Eason's 12 week program. its a wonderful program that works a target area in every workout. The best part is, its not going to the gym everyday. there are rest days included in the plan that allows u to plan out your other activities and also prepare meals in advance.
    Remember that clean eating is much more important than hard core workouts!
  • Jolu8404
    Options
    I don't really follow a program. I'm pretty active as it is already. It's just I suck at dieting. I just have to cut off a lot of things in my diet and start picking up real good habits.:happy:
  • rosie4850
    rosie4850 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have joined weight watchers, joined a 30 day zumba challenge, signed up to a gym so my sister and I can go together straight from work and am up each morning walking. I am pumped to bring in the new year 10 kgs lighter at least!
  • pearlegsd
    pearlegsd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Chalean extreme :)
  • katyanne15
    Options
    I'm doing Chalean extreme :)

have you done turbo fire? Id like to know how it compares if you have. Thats the one I haven't done yet. keep us posted, how you like it.