what 90 day program are you committed to complete?

Options
2»

Replies

• katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have joined weight watchers, joined a 30 day zumba challenge, signed up to a gym so my sister and I can go together straight from work and am up each morning walking. I am pumped to bring in the new year 10 kgs lighter at least!

I love Zumba, I take a class 2-3 times a week. it was the first thing I tried in a long time that made me fall in love with fitness and even though I have moved on to more challenging workouts I still do my zumba because its so fun and I can't give it up :)
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm not doing a '90 day program' per se, but a combo of body pump 2-3x a week and some form of aerobics 2-3x per week.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Not a specific workout program, but I'm committing to cross-training and working out 6 times per week plus one day of active recovery. I'm also following the Tone It Up program by K&K :)
  • karen_huse
    karen_huse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What does being certified mean? How do you do that?
  • molly2977
    molly2977 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am pretty active right now but I'm going to committ to TurboFire and running on my high intensity days.
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What does being certified mean? How do you do that?

you have to sign up with whatever platform you wanted to be certified in. Weather its spin or zumba or insanity, turtokick. My insanity certification will be this saturday and its from 8-5. You instructors have to be mater trainers that have been trained and approved to teach you. We do a master class...which is basically a class. Shows what a typical class would look like. just like if you were to go to a class. Then you start learning how to teach, cue, look for form and technique, how to listen to the music. You learn about muscles and modifications. There is a written test. You break up into smaller groups and learn a block of the routine and basically practice instructing it yourself. That sort of thing.
  • Melyspot
    Melyspot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lasted for 21 days... lol. It was just hard for me to do the program six days a week and being a single mom. For example, I waited until my daughter was in bed for the night to do my workouts and found myself doing the yoga, which is 90 minutes long, up until 11:30 at night.

I was doing the lean program of p90x and I think its challenging but definitely not impossible... Insanity scares me! Lol.

thats funny that insanity scares you and p90x scares me. When I was at my heaviest, and not at all in shape to even dream about doing p90x, my husband tried it and puked the first day....thats why it scares me....lol .and you have to do curl ups and stuff and I knew I couldn't do anything like that. no extra equipment needed for insanity which I liked. Have you heard of t25??? its similar to insanity but the workouts are only 25 minutes. they're hard and non stop (no breaks) but you get in, work hard, and are done. Its been nice to find time to complete the workouts. finding an hour-hour and a half is hard to find 6 times a week for sure.

Lol... Insanity looks, well umm insane. P90x is tough and the equipment you need is minimum (hand weights and a pull up bar). I was doing the lean program and when it was time for pull-ups I used a chair to assist me... which good old Tony recommends for beginners. I found some of the yoga positions to be most challenging.... yea yoga was by far my least favorite workout in the program. All and all the 6 day a week commitment was the biggest challenge overall for me.

I guess I am intimidated with Insanity because of stuff that is probably on there like blurpies (sp) haha... and a million jumping jacks.

Not familiar with T25 but I do have Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and the workouts are 20 minutes long.
  • Queendom
    Queendom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I will be doing a mix of Turbofire, HipHops ABS and Rocking' Body for the next 90days+
    Looking forward to finishing the year stronger than ever!!!!
    :happy:
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Do I have to commit to a program, or will a 90 day commitment to exercise suffice? I'm not sure of starting a program right now, but will continue my current level of activities and definitely want a rocking bod for the new year :)

you don't need a particular program. just a dedication to fitness and desire to better yourself :)

Splendid!
  • jlarin
    jlarin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Better late than never but I am starting T25!
  • grey5er
    grey5er Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Love the motivation. I've been a gym guy for some time and have finally said I was going to get my beach body back. I'm using a program by Jim Stoppani PhD called "shortcut to shred." Take a look and see what you think of it. I'm in week two and feel amazing. My energy level is thru the roof along with my appetite. The program requires very good eating and 1 minute of cardio between every set of weights. This keep the heart rate up and burns major calories. On average, I burn 1250 calories in 90 minutes with a weights/elliptical workout. While only on week two of this program, I'm down to 202 from 220 since the end of July. My goal is 185-190 by the end of the year...... With the way I'm going now, myfitnesspal.com says I will be 190ish in 5 weeks......
  • livesthere
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group. Haven't "committed" to anything yet but I'm going to try a few things over the next week and see what I want to stick with. I'm here for the motivation!