Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
edited September 2023 in Social Groups
ds4bsdmug0si.png
Here is your Team chat room for August 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The August challenge runs for 5 weeks, from July 30 - September 2. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm currently on maintenance, sort of... I've lost a bit of weight and I actually need to gain about 3.5 pounds in order to get back up into my goal range of 127-133 (center weight 130). I had 2 bouts of illness in the spring that started the unintentional weight loss. Then my partner was diagnosed with diabetes and I basically started eating within the same restrictions that he was given - and we both lost weight. Currently I'm definitely too thin, so don't be surprised to see me intentionally regaining weight in August.

A little about me: I started my weight loss journey in 2001 at 220 pounds. I reached my goal weight of 130 several times, and then I would regain 40-50 pounds and battle my way back down again. My weight yo-yo range got smaller as the years went by...between 2016 and 2019 I was keeping my weight within 10 pounds of my goal. Finally in 2019 I figured out the maintenance. Basically it's exactly the same as when I was losing - track everything, keep the macros balanced, and weigh myself daily. Drive with both hands on the wheel at all times. Apart from the recent unintentional weight loss, I've been maintaining 127-133 since April 2019.

I'm 67 and semi-retired. I work 3 days a week as a bookkeeper in a plastics factory. In my free time, I love to go bicycling, hiking, bird watching and walking. My indoor hobbies are reading, crocheting, knitting, and drawing. I also play guitar.

I have no love for strength training, but I know I need to do it. I've been doing at least SOME strength training every day, no matter what. No zero days, right?

My cardio workouts are usually the bicycle, weather permitting. Otherwise it's the stationary bike or the elliptical (equipment that I have at home). And I always walk daily. I have a goal of 6 miles/day, with my long term goal to walk 2023 miles in 2023. I fell behind the pace during the first half of 2023, but I worked hard in July (I was 70 miles behind!) and I just caught up today! Now I need to keep up the pace for the rest of 2023.

Here is my final weigh-in from the July Challenge:

Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 122.0
    CW (Current Weight): 123.6
    This gain is a good thing... I am trying to get back to my goal range of 127-133.

-Mica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The August Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 30th. Join us this week as we go "Back In The Day"! It's going to be a fun, memorable and active week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10896052/august-week-1-group-challenge-back-in-the-day-challenge#latest

Hope to see you in the chat room!
    Jessica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kathy, Mission Slimpossibles Motivator for the last four years. The awesome @trooworld and great @broncobuddee are our Team Captains. We hope you come to love this group as much as we do!

I'm 51 and live in the Sacramento area with my two cats. I'm trying to get another 5-10lbs off but originally lost 100lbs and gained back some when I came out of remission with my worst pain condition a few years ago so I'm about 80lbs down now. I do some part-time work for my brother and volunteer at the food bank farm and am on the board of a local charity as secretary then have a decent-sized garden at home. I love reading, gardening, watching movies, playing with my cats, and hanging out with friends. I have a complicated pain history and that's an ongoing challenge along with chronic health issues like diabetes and am trying to find my way with balancing it all and trying to have a more fulfilling life after spending a couple decades in bed. For exercise aside of gardening I do seated workouts, weights/strength training, and stretching most days. I eat mostly lowish carb because of my diabetes and have it in remission.

Let's have an amazing August! Do you have any goals for the month yet?
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    WI Sunday

PW 193.2 i believe
    CW 193

Sorry, still in the hospital with my husband. That’s all Ive got for today.

He’s up for short trip to the bathroom, talkative, and hoping the thoracic tube will come out in the coming couple days.

I’m tired just really mentally tired. Thankful that he’s improving though. We all just need a peaceful nap.
  • micaroo4
    Options
    My goals for August are
    1. Reduce or eliminate added sugar. I'm not going to go crazy scouring labels for added sugar, but I'm going to generally work at being sugar free for 100 days.
    2. Eat 30 different plant foods per week. This is the current recommendation for improving gut health. I read the guidelines and it's not that difficult. But I will have to keep track and not let myself fall into the routine of eating the same things every day. Variety is the key.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa

Live in FL. Age 55
    Family: DH of 31 years, DS and DD- early 20s, living at home for now
    Pet: Small, black poodle mix- Gus. He just turned 1 and we're still working on his brattiness
    Hobbies: Reading, walking, I love nature
    Story: Been struggling with weight since young adulthood and it hasn't gotten easier as I've gotten older. I haven't made any real progress in a year, have gained a bit back from my lowest low and still have 25 pounds to lose. I've been in this group for a couple of years now and really love and appreciate the support you all provide. Such wonderful people!

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    P. W. 279
    C. W. 279
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 166.5
    CW: 167

+.5 😞
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

fiicq12udjbb.png
    rf4cuv2rlbvm.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    90pql9kwfjeq.png

By Pounds
    9c57klrfpn5d.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    m3mkaskfhcv7.png
    tgoqglgyb3yq.png

By Pounds
    lirct53sg9vl.png

Team Winners
    dntrfzrvvm69.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

a7yxuj80egtp.png
    mz60c8i8ctv1.png
    xju8ca7mjl7k.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    3ekpjes25fje.png

By Pounds
    wiugmpditj5o.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    b3pc1rthp1tk.png
    bu42x4mnug8z.png

By Pounds
    furn57wgdqbv.png

Team Winners
    7ezwrjhg9n4v.png
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    maggybd
    HW (in recent past) 232
    CW 207.8
    Weight-in-day: Friday.

Hi everyone!

I am new to this group. I am 46, two kids (one adult, one teen), a spouse, a dog, two cats, and a gecko. I am a math professor (if you hated math in school, we can still be friends! I never talk about math).

I recently discovered keto (I know, I am slow) and I love it. I do an almost vegan version of keto, and I do eat more carbs than most strict keto people, but I do stay mostly in ketosis. I like my veggies :) My favorite thing about keto is that it really helps me with binging. I still binge, but I don't eat (or want) carbs even when I binge. The binges are smaller, I don't feel quite as awful after, and the next day I am fine. Carb binges always led to more binges. I wish I didn't binge at all, but this is better than what it was.

I also got a continuous glucose monitor (I am not diabetic). It is tremendously helpful because I really hate when my sugar goes way up, so I am even less likely to eat a pint of icecream (I am sure it will happen some day).

I think, healthwise, the best thing about keto is that I can't eat pretty much any processed food. Almost all junk food has lots of carbs. The special keto foods are expensive and have chemicals that freak me out. And, of course, I don't eat any added sugar. I don't think keto is particularly good for your health on its own but the fact I haven't eaten any processed food in almost 3 months is probably a good thing.

I am hoping that participating in this group will help me decrease the days I binge (they are not bad but definitely slow down my weightloss a lot). I plan to post my calories every day. I am dealing with a health issue that may (or may not) get better as I lose weight so I'd like to speed up the process

Thanks for reading!

• micaroo4
    Options
    If you're not a diabetic person, how can you get a continuous glucose monitor? I'd like to get one.
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4, I just asked my doctor for a prescription. There are no shortages or side effects so he gave it to me. I know many people get the prescription that way. The issue is that your insurance might not cover it if you are not diabetic. I got the libre3 which is the cheapest at about $70 for 14 days so about $5 a day. It is really helping, so it is worth it for me. The sensor is great, the app is not all that great. There are several companies that have doctors on staff who will prescribe it and they send you the sensors and have an app that is meant to help you lose weight but those are much more expensive. Levels is the name of one of those companies if you are interested. For me, the extra money is not worth the better app.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm MaryK (sounds like MaryKay), from Maine.
    This will be my third month participating with the Slims :).
    I feel like I should write more, but that's all I gots right now :p

Cheers!
    - mk :)
    -
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    F2F Slimpossibles
    WI Day: Sundays
    SW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28/23 (-3.4)
    PW: 194.5 lbs, Sun 7/23
    CW: 194.5 lbs, Sun 7/30 (nc)

OSW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28/23
    EOM 01: 194.7 lbs, Sun 6/25 (-3.2 M, -3.2 T)
    EOM 02: 194.5 lbs, Sun 7/30 (-0.2 M, -3.4 T)
This discussion has been closed.