Downsizers Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    It's that time again! Registration is now open for September. If you are already here, you do not need to do anything :smiley:

Please share this link with anyone who might be interested in joining - or suggest it on any forum or discussion where you encounter people who are looking for some team support. Thanks!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898152/registration-for-new-members-september-2023#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,028 Member
    Options
    We have a new member joining our wonderful team in September... Please welcome @Heretochange88 :)
  • laquita606
    laquita606 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight):245.8
    CW (Current Weight):245.4

Step count
    8/20 - 1,589
    8/21 - 3,231
    8/22 - 14,427
    8/23 - 12,165
    8/24 - 12,603
    8/25 - 15,270
    8/26 - 3,005

Have not been doing too good physically but trying to take it one day at a time. The days I’m doing good I just try to push myself a little more.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Good morning team!

Here you go, Linda:

PW: 278.4 lbs.
    CW: 278.8 lbs. (up 0.4 lbs. 🙁)

I keep bouncing around this 278 number. Need to break through this plateau.

No worries on this- next week is ours
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    laquita606 wrote: »

Have not been doing too good physically but trying to take it one day at a time. The days I’m doing good I just try to push myself a little more.

@laquita606 Wow! You have some awesome step days in there! Keep going!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    We have a new member joining our wonderful team in September... Please welcome @Heretochange88 :)

Hi @Heretochange88! Welcome aboard! Congratulations on taking this step. :smiley:
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,582 Member
    Options
    laquita606 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight):245.8
    CW (Current Weight):245.4

Step count
    8/20 - 1,589
    8/21 - 3,231
    8/22 - 14,427
    8/23 - 12,165
    8/24 - 12,603
    8/25 - 15,270
    8/26 - 3,005

Nice loss! You have some really nice step days. Hope you feel better soon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,424
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 0/4

I did some mini walks yesterday. Not enough to give myself an exercise check. My granddaughter came over last night. I am taking her to the pool soon. No laps today but we will swim and play. I still get a good workout.

Have a great start to the week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,359 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    itladyee wrote: »
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 214.9
    CW: 216

How was your week? Any particular struggles?

I have (and have had) a lot going on so I'm not really focused. I'm buckling down this week.

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,359 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

8/20 12,653
    8/21 7,493
    8/22 6,424
    8/23 6,828
    8/24 7,042
    8/25 7,642
    8/26 14,525
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    PW-220
    CW-221.8
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    8/20-4293
    8/21-7291
    8/22-8473
    8/23-7843
    8/24-9681
    8/25-5349
    8/26-10493
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan, can you add me back into the next step challenge please. Finally cool enough to walk again!
    Hope you're healing well after your latest surgery :)
    Lis
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan, can you add me back into the next step challenge please. Finally cool enough to walk again!
    Hope you're healing well after your latest surgery :)
    Lis

Absolutely ....It is extremely painful
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another new member joining our amazing team ... Please welcome @Learningmoments :)
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 780 Member
    Options

Hello team,
    I am very excited to be on this team. You all are very inspiring.

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    My name is DJ. I live in the Florida panhandle area. I am 62 yo. I have been married for 40 yrs to a great man and have 3 grown, wonderful kids, and 6 grandkids. I love hanging out with them. You can do stuff with kids and no one questions sanity. Start finger painting or playing with play dough by yourself and eyebrows raise. My hobbies include SUP, biking, swimming, walking, hula hoop dancing, reading, & math games

3. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I lost 50 pounds and maintained for 3 yrs. We went through a family crisis and never got back to that level. I am ready now. I have 25 pounds to lose and muscle to gain. I love being part of a supportive team and I really love challenges.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? Skipping meals. Try to have leftovers when I come in late.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb I use the plate method and track calories.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month? I like fun methods of working out. Cardio is easiest (walking, biking, swimming, etc) Strength: I enjoy YouTube workouts (Tone it Up, Populates, yoga & Pilates) but right now hit and miss. So I would like to be more consistent with these.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year? 10k steps & 15 floors per day. Plate method, have fun by being active, get some cardio, strength, and flexibility/balance exercises each week.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions? Have fun discussing our healthy choices and encouraging each other on this journey (highs & lows).

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    *Make everything in health fun. (find things that are active and bring you joy. Try new recipes, find exercises that make you laugh at yourself).
    *Experiment to find what works & what doesn't. Get to know your body and how it works best. Don't let someone tell you that you aren't doing it right. Trust yourself and your body.
    *Be a student of health. Read books, articles, watch videos on health & healthy living. The more you learn, the more confident you become. Be curious. Experiment. Learn how your body reacts.
    *ENJOY the process and have fun.

My Beginning weight is 186.2

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I would like to do step challenge. 10k/day. Can I include a stair goal, too? 15 floors. Thank you.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hello team,
    I am very excited to be on this team. You all are very inspiring.

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    My name is DJ. I live in the Florida panhandle area. I am 62 yo. I have been married for 40 yrs to a great man and have 3 grown, wonderful kids, and 6 grandkids. I love hanging out with them. You can do stuff with kids and no one questions sanity. Start finger painting or playing with play dough by yourself and eyebrows raise. My hobbies include SUP, biking, swimming, walking, hula hoop dancing, reading, & math games

3. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I lost 50 pounds and maintained for 3 yrs. We went through a family crisis and never got back to that level. I am ready now. I have 25 pounds to lose and muscle to gain. I love being part of a supportive team and I really love challenges.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? Skipping meals. Try to have leftovers when I come in late.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb I use the plate method and track calories.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month? I like fun methods of working out. Cardio is easiest (walking, biking, swimming, etc) Strength: I enjoy YouTube workouts (Tone it Up, Populates, yoga & Pilates) but right now hit and miss. So I would like to be more consistent with these.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year? 10k steps & 15 floors per day. Plate method, have fun by being active, get some cardio, strength, and flexibility/balance exercises each week.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions? Have fun discussing our healthy choices and encouraging each other on this journey (highs & lows).

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    *Make everything in health fun. (find things that are active and bring you joy. Try new recipes, find exercises that make you laugh at yourself).
    *Experiment to find what works & what doesn't. Get to know your body and how it works best. Don't let someone tell you that you aren't doing it right. Trust yourself and your body.
    *Be a student of health. Read books, articles, watch videos on health & healthy living. The more you learn, the more confident you become. Be curious. Experiment. Learn how your body reacts.
    *ENJOY the process and have fun.

My Beginning weight is 186.2

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I would like to do step challenge. 10k/day. Can I include a stair goal, too? 15 floors. Thank you.

Absolutely ... As soon as September chat is opened I will get you added ...should be in a few days ... welcome to our team ...Happy to have you join us :)

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 214.9
    CW: 216

How was your week? Any particular struggles?

I have (and have had) a lot going on so I'm not really focused. I'm buckling down this week.

When we have a lot going on it can really make losing weight different. It is totally understandable. I know for a few of us on the team, healthy eating takes a backseat when we are juggling a lot of different things.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Heretochange88
    Welcome to the team.

@Learningmoments
    Glad to have you join our team. I love being a grandmother. It is fun to hang out with them and play.
This discussion has been closed.