Downsizers Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    You have two new members! Welcome @KarlysFreedom and @bamdazo - enjoy September!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @NachDeezy 💪🏽👏🏾

@lindamtuck2018 it is! 😀😀
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    My name is Alex 🙋🏻‍♀️🤩😁
    I’m excited to be on the team!

Welcome home!
  • MuffinTopAssassin
    Options
    MuffinTopAssasin

PW: 189
    CW: 190

1lb on this week. My 4 day cycling weekend was full of rocky road, tiffin and biscuits. But also 130 miles cycled and being v careful this week.

My lovely friends baked and brought the sugary goodies and one piece led to another. I had alcohol as well, which I don’t usually do, and didn’t particularly enjoy. So lesson learned!

I’m on another weekend away cycling, hence the early weigh in, but I will stay away from the sugar, and definitely no alcohol!

Have a great weekend everybody!! :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Happy September, everyone! I just love this time of year!

I have logged my food for four of the last five days, and the scale says I am three pounds lighter because of it! I have been at work three times this week (for about 3 hours each time) and that has helped give me some more step calories without overdoing it. Going for intentional walks causes too much throbbing in the leg and knee. I do need to find some exercises that I can do; maybe more strength and stretching based for now. Maybe I could start doing some mini walks to build up endurance? I really don't know; I am just guessing at this point. My MRI isn't until early December. Today I take my 88 year old father to renew his driver's license. I fear it will not go well. He hardly drives at all anymore, but he drives fine when he does. He only goes places that he knows and they are usually close to home. Today's tests don't involve actual driving. It is the cognitive test I fear he will not pass.
  • alexhomeandcoffee
    Options
    Good morning & happy Friday

PW: 206.5
    CW: 205.8
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    whitfcan wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 158.6
    CW: 157.2

Headed on a three day camping excursion for the long holiday weekend. Praying that I don't overdue it! :#

Awesome loss! Have a fun trip. Go easy on the s’mores. I good go for a gooey roasted marshmallow right now.
    @lindamtuck2018
    Hi Linda, last year i ran a mini challenge to lose 21lb by Christmas (its about 21 weeks). I'm happy to do something similar again if you think some of the team would be motivated by it? Let me know

That would be great. It might be the push I need to get these last 10 to 15 pounds off.
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 233.4
    CW 232.4

Nice loss!
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 507.8
    CW - 506.0

Dropped 1.8 lbs - I will take it! My body is going to make me slow crawl to that new century lol

Congrats on the loss! In a few weeks you will be in that new century.
    Hi guys!
    My name is Alex 🙋🏻‍♀️🤩😁
    I’m excited to be on the team!

Welcome!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MuffinTopAssasin

PW: 189
    CW: 190

1lb on this week. My 4 day cycling weekend was full of rocky road, tiffin and biscuits. But also 130 miles cycled and being v careful this week.

My lovely friends baked and brought the sugary goodies and one piece led to another. I had alcohol as well, which I don’t usually do, and didn’t particularly enjoy. So lesson learned!

I’m on another weekend away cycling, hence the early weigh in, but I will stay away from the sugar, and definitely no alcohol!

Have a great weekend everybody!! :)

Enjoy your weekend. I think with the changes you should see a difference on the scale.
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Happy September, everyone! I just love this time of year!

I have logged my food for four of the last five days, and the scale says I am three pounds lighter because of it! I have been at work three times this week (for about 3 hours each time) and that has helped give me some more step calories without overdoing it. Going for intentional walks causes too much throbbing in the leg and knee. I do need to find some exercises that I can do; maybe more strength and stretching based for now. Maybe I could start doing some mini walks to build up endurance? I really don't know; I am just guessing at this point. My MRI isn't until early December. Today I take my 88 year old father to renew his driver's license. I fear it will not go well. He hardly drives at all anymore, but he drives fine when he does. He only goes places that he knows and they are usually close to home. Today's tests don't involve actual driving. It is the cognitive test I fear he will not pass.

I am a big fan of mini walks. I try to do them a couple times a week. You live in Canada right? Wait times for everything sucks. It’s hard on the parent once they lose the independence of driving. My Mom lost hers a few years ago and it was tough on her.
    Good morning & happy Friday

PW: 206.5
    CW: 205.8

Fantastic start to the challenge.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,206
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 2/4

I will weigh in tomorrow. I am about to head to the pool. My sleep has been off for a couple of days so I am not very energetic. Hopefully, once I get in the pool I will get a burst.

Happy FriYAY!

• MotivatedM3
    MotivatedM3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sorry @lindamtuck2018 Been a hectic week :s

SW:275
    PW:265
    CW: 265
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,086 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 216
    CW: 217.1 ~i'm turning this around. I actually was 217.6 on Thursday so I'm coming back down.

I put together a meal plan and started following it the last few days. I had just gotten so off track, not necessarily poor eating but over my limit. My exercise has been steady but I think I need to ramp it up a bit. Things are coming back together and I feel less sad and less stressed.

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

8/27 - 17,232
    8/28 - 3,961
    8/29 - 9,080
    8/30 - 8,398 :( so close
    8/31 - 9,193
    9/1
    9/2

@Slimmersixties ~ I would join your mini challenge

@Nachdeezy ~ Slow crawl is good. You are getting there! Keep up the good work!

@alexhomeandcoffee ~ Welcome to the group.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Yes, I live just down the highway from you in Tillsonburg! Hope you are having a good workout in the pool this morning!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw:: 194lb
    Cw: 194lb

Holding steady after our week of goodbye drinks. Off in the rv tomorrow ... and the serious effort to lose my last 18lb begins!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Sep 1, 2023)
    PW: 238.8
    CW: 241.4

Very unusual week. I gained 3.6 lbs in a single day earlier in the week and I don't recall anything I did as out of the ordinary (other than some awful sleep patterns) but it put me back into the 240's so I'll just have to keep pushing ahead. Needless to say, I took my usual walk at 5:30 am for 40 min before breakfast, shower and work. Monday is a holiday so maybe we'll change it up with Susan and go on a bike ride and stop at one of the wineries for lunch - and a glass (or two).
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, Thanks for having me in this group.

My name is Karly, 😃
    I'm really looking forward to this new challenge and being a part of this awesome group.

Wishing everyone much success in September.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello Teams! The September Habit Tracker is up and ready to go. Please follow the steps at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898549/habit-tracker-september-2023#latest
    and enjoy keeping up with your commitments!
  • Tail0rMade22
    Tail0rMade22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Friday 9/1/23
    PW: 190.4
    CW: 189.8

Just a warning I did overeat a bit tonight and tomorrow I plan on splurging on some sushi to celebrate my first week of work. 😅😅 The struggle is real lol. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
  • jugar
    Options
    The September team chat is open! Please continue to weigh in and post stats here through Saturday. Go to the new chat for (re)introductions, goal setting, and general September stuff!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898556/downsizers-team-chat-september-2023/p1?new=1
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 733 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 186.0

Steps goal: 50,000
    Saturday: 10306
    Sunday: 10601
    Monday: 10298