Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
Welcome to August!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    Options
    I was busy yesterday and missed posting. The last couple of days of summer!
    Sounds like a nice weekend, @Meghan509. Glad you can get your stitches out soon.
    Today I have a headache. Going to do laundry and hide under the covers. And set my alarm for Thursday. I am excited, but also a bit anxious. New school year, here we go!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks for starting our new August thread @KateNkognito! Hope you enjoy your last few days of relaxation before the new year of school starts! Exciting! Hope your headache feels better too.

We have a new person starting at the office today and yep, he definitely could be my son. LOLOL Getting used to now but still get a chuckle. He looks to be fresh out of college and maybe working for a short time but that's it. Early 20's at most!

Lots of people working remotely today and only a few in on my side of the floor. I don't mind! Wish I could sit and read my book sometimes, but can't do that. LOL Have to get some work done today.

Sunny and less humid again today. Going to BBQ after work tonight. Can't wait!

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you are enjoying your last bit of time off, @KateNkognito!

Nothing much new here which is fine by me. Plugging along at work with a meeting we are planning in UT in October. Need to place the order for the company "swag" today so it comes in, in time! Time flies...

Hope you have a good Wednesday, hump day! Currently less humid, sunny and beautiful here today! 71 degrees F which kind of seems a little on the cool side for August! Won't last for long. :D

BF's Dad is being released from rehab today for his hip that was replaced last month. Good news! BF is going to help his parents out later today with that. He is a good son. :)

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Good news for your BF'S dad! I feel your pain with the new guy. Some of the baby teachers are only 2 years older than my oldest. :o Side note: Amazon has a reading extension for your browser so you *look* like you are working on your computer. LOL
    All I have to do today is laundry and take my back to school shopping to my car.
    Today is the last day that is supposed to be stupidly hot for at least the next week. Thank goodness! I don't mind hot, but 105° F is a bit too much.
    Have a lovely end of the week. Not sure if I will remember to check in.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thank you @KateNkognito! We are happy that my guy's Dad is finally home!

Holy cow that is HOT!! Hope it cools down for you guys. Poor Air Conditioning is running for its life LOLOL!

Have a good last day before school starts! Enjoy! Don't worry if you don't have a chance check in, enjoy your last day!!

Not much going on here. 73 degrees F and sunny here. Supposed to be a little more humid then yesterday. Showers later.

All good! Almost to the end of another work week. Planning a fun Saturday night at a friend's house and they are BBQing!

Have a good one and see you soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you have a great first day of school, @KateNkognito! Cheers to a wonderful school year!

Quiet Friday working from home, here. Had my yearly mammogram this AM and have an appointment in the afternoon to get my stitches out at the Derm today!

Almost 75 degrees F here and mostly cloudy. Boo... Expecting rain today but all good as I am sure the plants could use it. Supposed to be a nice weekend though!!

Have a good day and a nice weekend! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Whew! Made it through the first couple of days of boring-ness. Next week will be meetings in the morning and working in our classrooms in the afternoon. :)
    Enjoy the cool weather, Meghan! It is supposed to be lovely here this weekend!
    Olive Garden made dinner. I haven't been having a lot of carbs lately. Now I am in a carb coma. <3
    Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Good, glad you made it through your first few days @KateNkognito! Hope Olive Garden was YUMMY!! :p

We ended up having a beautiful weekend! We had sun and less humidity both days. Had a nice get together with friends on their deck on Saturday night. Yesterday was a chill day. Somewhere in there we got the grocery shopping done. :)

Working remotely today and got some rain this AM. Poor patio looked all flooded! Going to run out mid day to hit the library and do a quick pick up and drop off. When I get back I will try and get a recipe for dinner in the slow cooker. Got to love working remote! LOL

Hope you have a good work week! See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope your week is going well! Are those kiddos behaving @KateNkognito!!??

Literally ZERO traffic on the way to work this morning! I love it! :#

Hope you have a good day and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I don't even know what day of the week it is. Tomorrow is open house. Then we have orientation for our new students on Monday. Then all of them will start on Tuesday. My room is mostly ready. :) Now I have to do all the paperwork that we have to do. :s
    Glad you are having a good week, Meghan!
    Off to bed soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Yikes, looks like I forgot to check in yesterday! *screams*

LOL I know what you mean, all of a sudden it is Thursday! How did that happen! :o

Glad you are off to a good start and ready to rock and roll @KateNkognito! Cheers to a great year of school!

Keeping busy at work which is good. My coworker brought in a dozen Dunkin Donuts today, but I am planning to ignore those! LOL

Lots of peeps on vacation still. The highway is playing nice to work which is nice! From, not so much! One more commute home tonight and then remote tomorrow and Monday. Weeee!

Supposed to get some rain today but I'd rather we get it during the week then on the weekend!

Hope Thursday is good for you! See you soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope your week is going well @KateNkognito!

Grateful today is Friday and I can work remotely and enjoy the sunshine currently outside my little window. Supposed to be a nice day today and for the most part, the entire the weekend. Few showers on Saturday evening expected, otherwise gorgeous!

Quiet day. Last day of boss away on vacation LOL. All good! I really can't complain. She's a nice boss. :)

Hope you have a good one and a nice weekend! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    FRIDAY! Whew! Made it! Open House was last night. Saw a lot of my students. My room is ready. I have a little bit of prep work to do on my computer this weekend. Students arrive at 7 AM Monday. Gonna do my nails this weekend just so I feel good for the beginning.
    @Meghan509 Enjoy your weekend! Glad I wasn't the only one that lost track this week! I hope the weather is clear for you. :)
    Going to bed early. Then grocery shopping tomorrow. We have no food. Well, no good food. I couldn't even scrape together a salad for my lunch. Have a lovely weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Oh boy, ready to rock and roll now @KateNkognito! Hope today goes well!! Nice that you are doing your nails! I like to do that too. Funny, I just redid my toes. :smiley:

The weather this weekend was fabulous! We saw we would have a little rain only on the afternoon on Saturday, so we planned accordingly! We did two things that we have not done in a while! We went to the movies on Saturday afternoon and saw the latest Mission Impossible!! It was great! Tom Cruise is dreamy. LOL Then on Sunday we were hanging out on our patio and decided to pop down to our local beach to have a swim! Water was beautiful!! Movies and swimming are two things we don't do often enough! Matinee pricing is nice too and since it is the afternoon I don't have to worry about falling asleep LOLOL.

Hope you had a nice weekend too! Tomorrow is my honey's birthday! I am making him pasta for dinner. :blush:

Weather says partly sunny but feels more cloudy to me. That's okay. Home today and back in the office physically tomorrow.

Hope your week is off to a great start! See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was a great day! Orientation for our new grade. They seem pretty good. :) Tomorrow is everyone! The weather is GORGEOUS today! My classroom was 80 this morning, though. :o
    @Meghan509 Glad you had such a nice weekend! That sounds like a vacation to me!
    Going to bed soon. My feet were not prepared for that much standing. I have a plan for tomorrow, though. It involves strategically planned sitting. >:)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Sounds like you are off and running @KateNkognito! Happy to hear it!

Yes, I will say our weekend felt like vacation! Looking forward to seeing another movie very soon.

Hope your feet recover! Speaking of feet! I just took a walk around our office building trying to find a package that Amazon left WHO KNOWS WHERE!! UGH. The lovely photo proof they sent looks like one of many freight elevators in the FOUR towers that we have here and at least 16 floors per tower. *screams* The Security guards were going to take a walk around. Otherwise I can submit a missing order via Amazon tomorrow. Never a dull moment I tell ya!

Alrighty, back to work. See you soon and hope your Tuesday is good. Today's my honey's birthday. <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy birthday to your fantastic guy, Meghan! I hope you found the package!
    Going to bed after a shower and pizza. I forgot about all the muscles I use to stand all day.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Almost forgot to check in! :p

Thank you @KateNkognito it was a nice day for him!! <3

Hope today was better for you! Busy at work today but can't complain!

Off to finish up the brown rice for dinner's side. See you tomorrow!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today I didn't have to stand so much. Was a better day. Their personalities are starting to come out a bit. I think I am going to have a great year!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Oh, that is great to hear @KateNkognito! I am excited for you and your students!

Doing well here. Seems like people are still on vacations in this area as traffic to work has not been too bad at all. From work is a little less traffic to normal. All depends on when you leave! I left only five minutes early on Tuesday night, so I could get home for my guy's birthday and I got home FAST!

Cloudy and humid day here but the weekend should be nice. WHOOT! Hope you have a good day and see you soon.