How do you get motivated while depressed?

Options
waxingturtle
waxingturtle Posts: 34 Member
I have health issues as d that leads to depression. How do you find motivation when all you want to do is sleep. Yes, on one hand I want to get better but on the other hand i want to sleep.
Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Pattymac5000
    Pattymac5000 Posts: 7 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I’m new here and it does seem quiet. I, too, have some depression. I am in a power chair and don’t really get exercise. 9 years ago, I walked 3-5 miles in the early morning before work. Now I can’t walk and can’t work. My mobility gets slowly worse. I have to try to control my weight thru diet alone.

Answers

• waxingturtle
    Options
    Thank you for commenting. I just found this post. Still learning the ins and outs of this site.
    Making a goal to interact is a great way to be involved!
    I might try that!
  • Cathy_54321
    Cathy_54321 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I started with the games-because they are fun and kept me coming to the site while I was floundering and trying to establish a pattern of recording my food diary - which I found difficult to do regularly.
  • waxingturtle
    Options
    @Cathy_54321 what games? That sounds interesting.
    Can I add you as a friend?
  • waxingturtle
    Options
    @teninten can I add you as a friend? Thanks!
  • waxingturtle
    Options
    Anyone out there? These boards get so quiet. How do you find friends?
  • waxingturtle
    Options
    @Pattymac5000 thank you for your reply. I just found it. I'm still learning the program. I'm sorry to hear about your life changing so dramatically. That can be hard to adjust to. ♥
  • kufanmary
    kufanmary Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just found the community boards not sure how they all work? Would love to figure it all out lol
  • daygirl5000
    daygirl5000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, glad to hear someone in same boat as me. I too am in power chair 🥺I got down to 210 back in 2019, came back here because of depression and a gain of 30+ lbs. So I'm hoping I can get motivated and get inspired.

Waxingturtle you can do it 🤗💚
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here too and I need to lose 100 lbs.

I've struggled with depression and anxiety for most of my life and when I'm feeling really low it's hard to take care of myself and my health.

I just started with a new therapist a couple of months ago and I'm feeling motivated to lose this weight and pursue a healthy lifestyle I can stick with for life! It's been a while since I've set any meaningful goals for myself so I think this will be really good for both my physical and mental health.

Its great to all be here together supporting each other ❤️
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,930 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @mmatcha_latte

“ I've struggled with depression and anxiety for most of my life and when I'm feeling really low it's hard to take care of myself and my health.” Been there done that, take one day at a time, you can definitely do it, if I can you can….

There are different challenges here in the community to help stay on track with your goals,
    😃
  • Pegitha13
    Pegitha13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Peggy. I know with me It seem if I don't start my day with some sort of movement I'll just sit around and do nothing or nap all day. Its hard to get motivated but even if I just get up and do a couple chores around the house or take the dogs for a walk it improves my frame of mind.