Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• Go_Gal_Grow
    Go_Gal_Grow Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? From Spark to MFP, 24ish.

What do you like to do for fun? Pilates, Garden, Cook, Swim

What major city do you live in or near? State? Albuquerque, New Mexico

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10 lbs. with the Fall Challenge.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving, Loyal, Fiery

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Making a Pizza.

What is your favorite TV show? The FBIs, NCIS Hawaii, Korean TV shows on Netfilix.

2 fun things about you? 1) I actually learned to like Kale during the 2023 Spring 5% Challenge! This makes me happy because my Hubby like to grow Kale and nobody ever ate it! He doesn't even like vegetables. 2) I bought a bucket of peaches today from the Farm Stand for $10. It contained 6 gigantic peaches, the biggest peach weighs 13.8 oz!!!! Almost 1 lbs!!! BIGGIE BIGGIE BIGGIE!

Anything else you would like to share? I'm crushing on this gigantic peach!

sa7lq0ln1nya.jpg

• HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? For 10 years.

What do you like to do for fun? Spend time with hubby & go to the beach & read & write in my journal.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Washington

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To stay below 180 lbs & head to 170. To continue low fodmap diet & as my digestive system heals to be able increase variety of foods I am able to enjoy.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Sensitive & Kind

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Designing a home on Animal Crossing

What is your favorite TV show? Anything in NCIS or FBI series.

2 fun things about you? I am creative & enjoy decorating my home & cooking.

Anything else you would like to share? I am retired but still using my RN skills being a caregiver for my 85+ year old Mom. I love the ocean & spending time with my hubby & my adult kids & my girlfriend's.

• Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,647 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I can't count that high

What do you like to do for fun? Walk, read recipes (fewer calories)

What major city do you live in or near? State? Baltimore, MD

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    • To lose 2 lbs in this IBC,
    • To stabilize a healthy Sleep schedule,
    • To do ST at least 2 times a week,
    • To finish cardio by 6 p.m. to support Sleep

How would your pet or friend describe you? "She gets me!"

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I made Tennessee Onions for a cookout, the leftovers stayed there

What is your favorite TV show? The Masked Singer, I discover so many talented people I never knew existed, and the judges are required to be nice instead of snide and nasty

2 fun things about you? I love to walk, and I am learning to Sleep productively.

Anything else you would like to share? I am willing to share my excess weight with anyone who might desire some.
  • 3fabboysx1
    3fabboysx1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? It looks like I'm the newbie. I have done 1.5 This will be my Second. I did the in between summer one also that's where I get the half from.

What do you like to do for fun? I draw stuff. Practice yoga.

What major city do you live in or near? State? North Carolina

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to sure up my upper body routine. Lately, I haven't been keeping up my arm routine like I should.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I was at a wedding recently. After meeting someone, I heard they described me as "a hoot" my family seems to have latched on to that, so I will go with "a hoot"

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I did just finish an arm routine.

What is your favorite TV show? I don't really have a favorite shows. I am currently watching Modern Family and Poirot.

2 fun things about you? I have logged into MFP 3250 + days in a row. I love a good pun, really bad jokes, and laughing.
    Joke: What do you call an acid with a bad attitude?
    Punch Line: A-mean-oh-acid

Anything else you would like to share? I'm just a few days (about a week) shy of 1000 day streak of closing all my rings on my fitness watch. ~Kinda excited about that.
  • Ceilie1
    Ceilie1 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?I would think at least 20 on MFP

What do you like to do for fun? Golf with my friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? Kingston,Ontario

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Stay doing my work out routine and add a weight work out

How would your pet or friend describe you? If I had a pet,fun loving

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Stretching

What is your favorite TV show?NCIS programs,reruns of Mash ,News, Grey's

2 fun things about you? I enjoy listening to family stories ,enjoy keeping active with my family & friends & making new friends.

Anything else you would like to share? Looking forward to the fall challenge and being with an old :-) friend
  • mrspotatohands
    mrspotatohands Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm glad to be here!

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first!

What do you like to do for fun? Walk my dog, do yoga, read, and I'm taking an art class right now.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Albuquerque, NM

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get more active and stronger, and lose at least 10 lbs.

How would your pet or friend describe you? On the quiet side, reflective, but good-hearted.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Does a load of laundry count? :)

What is your favorite TV show? I don't watch much TV, but I do love a good historical drama like Downton Abbey or The Crown.

2 fun things about you? I'm a female veteran of the USAF, and I'm originally from New Orleans.

Anything else you would like to share? I love camping and hiking, but my family doesn't, really, so I don't go very often.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 1

What do you like to do for fun? I like to camp and fish

What major city do you live in or near? State? Edmonton Albert

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get more active and to lose weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? fun

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Canned salmon

What is your favorite TV show? No prep kings

2 fun things about you? I love to hike and I have 14 grandkids

Anything else you would like to share? I love to garden and process the food we grow
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    I can't remember. 5 or 7. Somewhere around there.

What do you like to do for fun?
    Line Dance, Sing

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    FL

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    I'd like to lose a few more lbs to be in maintenance..

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    I'm a nice person. Maybe a little different, too.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.
    Just finished lunch.

What is your favorite TV show?
    Ehhh. Some mindless show from TLC, or watching a youtube channel with interesting webcams (trains, places we've been, beaches....)

2 fun things about you?
    I'm known for liking flamingos, it's the theme of one of my bathrooms (bc why not?) I can sing like Edith Bunker from the All in the Family sitcom.

Anything else you would like to share?
  • Lynne10010
    Lynne10010 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 1

What do you like to do for fun? computer and board games, visiting with family & friends, reading, church activities

What major city do you live in or near? State? 20 miles from Portland, Oregon

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to get better at maintenance and keep up recording my food and walking daily

How would your pet or friend describe you? numbers person

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Finished moving

What is your favorite TV show? Call the Midwives or All Creatures Great and Small

2 fun things about you? Husband and I just moved close to our two children and three grandchildren after 49 years in the same house. I like silence.

• gintex2021
    gintex2021 Posts: 276 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None recently but probably 10 years ago I completed a few rounds on Sparkpeople.

What do you like to do for fun? Be in nature, read, spend time with friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? Charlotte, North Carolina

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Keep the weight off I have already lost and lose some more, 30 mins of exercise each day and clean up my diet.

How would your pet or friend describe you? kind, thoughtful.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I just finished a cup of coffee!

What is your favorite TV show? History's Alone

2 fun things about you? I am an introvert so my fun things are spending time with special friends and with family.

• I am an Orton-Gillingham tutor. I work with children who have reading challenges and I love it! I work one on one with students and love seeing them gain more confidence and skills.
    • I was diagnosed this summer with Multiple Myeloma, a blood cancer. I had no symptoms, it was found on blood work. I am currently receiving chemotherapy every Thursday morning. This isn't the kind of chemo that makes me sick and I won't lose my hair. That will come if I do a stem cell transplant which is what the doctors plan for me. I am on strong meds and have my blood checked every week to make sure no organs are being damaged. I am exercising each day and eating carefully.
  • 2122DJC
    2122DJC Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did several on the old Sparkpeople site. This is my first on myfitnesspal.

Walking my dogs.

I live in Calgary, Alberta

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I want to drop some weight, eat healthier and live an active lifestyle.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    Bubbly

I finished reading the prequel ebook to Wheel of Time "New Spring". I haven't read a novel in about 10 years.

Right now "Justified"

2 fun things about you?
    I am a retired registered nurse and i like to dance with my dogs

• katiedidtoo
    katiedidtoo Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? going back to Sparkpeople...more than 10

What do you like to do for fun? gardening, road trips to see other gardens

What major city do you live in or near? State? Rochester, NY

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? try not to gain any weight as I hover around my goal weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? reliable, optimistic

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. supper

What is your favorite TV show? I don't watch tv

2 fun things about you? I've walked over many rivers (on bridges, of course) including the Mississippi;
    I feed crows when my DH and I walk every morning

• MCTortoise
    MCTortoise Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Probably 15-16, started with Rowdy Rebels on Spark (known as GLASSART43 then).

What do you like to do for fun? Walk a beach, play with grandkids, socialize with friends and family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? 50 miles south of San Francisco in California

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 8 lbs while continuing to eat lots of veggies and stay in calorie range. Also exercise daily.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Patient, tolerant and organized

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Texting with my daughter and a friend at the same time.

What is your favorite TV show? I rarely watch tv anymore, prefer to read or sew

2 fun things about you? My husband and I are retired teachers who own an RV and have traveled extensively. I used to own a stained glass business and still work on small projects

Anything else you would like to share? My Apple Watch has made a significant difference to my fitness in the last 3 years. I track everything. Last year I got my husband one as well and he’s hooked. He wants to “close the rings” so walks 30 minutes daily as his exercise.

~ Marianne

• amberlinamk1
    amberlinamk1 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Amber and I live near southern Oregon.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? One, this will be my second one!

What do you like to do for fun? I love to travel and get out of my small town.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Eugene, OR.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight and maintain curves

How would your pet or friend describe you? Happy, loving, caring person who has many emotional ups and downs due to my weight.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Summer 5% Challenge (yay!!!), my workout for today, and cooking dinner! 😬

What was your favorite TV show? All the 80's and 90's movies or tv shows that had the pretty girl and good looking guy. (Pretty Woman, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Full House, etc.)

2 fun things about you? I love animals and sunny days

Anything else you would like to share? I would give anything to wake up with the energy to want to go outside and enjoy my days or workout everyday like when I was younger instead of how I feel now. I'm hoping to continue the support here with these challenges. 😊😊
  • joywilson383
    joywilson383 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 30 ( from SparkPeople to now)

What do you like to do for fun? Gardening

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live close to Anaheim, California

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10 pounds

How would your pet or friend describe you? Trustworthy

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. The Left Behind book 📚 series

What is your favorite TV show? NCIS Louisiana

2 fun things about you? I was born in New Orleans Louisiana. I can sing 🎤

• missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 409 Member
    Options

This will be my second

Crochet, walk my dog Poppy, paint

What major city do you live in or near? State? Manitoba Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to see below 310 on the scale!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Too caring

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I finished a stay in the hospital if that counts!

What is your favorite TV show? Right now it is Big Bang Theory

2 fun things about you?

• harvest_fairy
    harvest_fairy Posts: 815 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Lots

What do you like to do for fun? Knit and embroider

What major city do you live in or near? State? Pennsylvania

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? Mommy (or probably that lady who feeds us).

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Um, not sure about this one I did knit a scarf for the fair and we did just finish the summer challenge here on my fitness.

What is your favorite TV show? House M.D.

2 fun things about you? I homestead and Sing, act, and dance.

Anything else you would like to share? Not really just ready to go.
  • 130StrongerEachYear
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my second one

What do you like to do for fun? Read and Write

What major city do you live in or near? State? No big cities. I live in Panama City, FL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to add a couple of different strength routines.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Caring, insightful, focused

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I finished selling a business.
    I do have a number of things to finish...A book in the editing process, another business to sell, a YouTube Channel about preparing for retirement and living the best retirement life to launch, My own retirement to start, and I need to build a healthy body for all this.

What is your favorite TV show? Just finished watching the whole series Bones. Just started Series 4 of Jack Ryan

2 fun things about you? I have rebuilt a motorcycle and taken it on a 200 mile run. I raced on a sailboat from Los Angeles to Honolulu.

Anything else you would like to share? I am married 44 years to a loving husband, have three grown children, and 7 grandchildren plus 2 foster grandchildren. My mom is living with us and has some challenging health problems.
  • cmfarrell36
    cmfarrell36 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    - Since late 2010 on SP

- Read, listen to audio books, puzzles, spend time with family and friends

- Ayrshire in Scotland (Rabbie Burns country)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    - consistent >5000 steps daily
    - get my Hba1c right below prediabetes level (I'm getting close)

- a glass of water!

- I like a variety

2 fun things about you?
    - I've learned some Polish (daughter-in-love is Polish and granddaughter is being brought up bilingual)
    - I've to start learning some Spanish - "orders" from son-in-love :)