Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• EmPea888
    EmPea888 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    * How many 5% Challenges have you done? --- None in recent years - I'm a returner. I am really looking forward to the community aspect instead of trying to make it on my own.

* What do you like to do for fun? --- Sing, mixed media art, my body loves Yoga & Pilates & I love long walks (although I'm soon 59 and it's not as easy as it used to be). I would love to learn flamenco.

* What major city do you live in or near? State? --- London, UK.

* What are you health/fitness goals for this season? --- I need to get out of my head and back in to my body and build stamina, flexibility and core strength. I see weights & yoga mats in my future.

* How would your pet or friend describe you? --- One of them recently said I was one of their 'in case of emergency' contacts. Ice ice baby.

* What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. --- The book: Complex PTSD - From Surviving to Thriving - and I would highly recommend it. It has really helped me untangle a lot of emotional barbed wire.

* What is your favourite TV show? --- I think True Detective is the best thing I've ever seen on TV. I also love Medium.

* 2 fun things about you? --- I read Tarot and I hope one day to write & illustrate a children's book.

* Anything else you would like to share? --- I have just recommitted to a new food plan. I have had great success with keto in the past but I find it too restrictive. I'm definitely up for lowering my carbs in a balanced, beautiful way where joy is one of the main ingredients.
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,314 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    ~ Too many to count.

What do you like to do for fun?
    ~ I enjoy sewing, taking my dog out for walks, reading, batch cooking, dancing, learning something new like a language or drawing, etc.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    ~ I live outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    ~ I just want to lose the weight I have put on again since returning to Canada.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    ~ Loving, loyal and sensitive.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.
    ~ The last thing I finished was altering a top.

What is your favorite TV show?
    ~ Right now, it is Chicago PD. It is full of action.

2 fun things about you?
    ~ Although I am basically a shy person, I have no problems starting a conversation with a complete stranger. I love dancing and will dance wherever if the music is good.

Anything else you would like to share?
    ~ I can't think of anything right now.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Lost count

I like to read, crochet, play cards and hang out with friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I am in Windsor Ontario Canada across the river from Detroit MI

This season my goals are to just move when I can.

Crazy busy and loving.

The last thing I finished was a small dolphin gem craft.

My favorite TV shows are extreme home makeover and cooking with Jamie Oliver.

2 fun things about you?
    Love hanging out with my cousins who call me auntie out of respect and I always seem to be on the go even if I'm not.

I live with my Hubby and my Fur baby (Rottweiler named Trigger). I also have a Son who is almost 23 who lives with my sister and brother in law.
  • 15Katharina06
    15Katharina06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? one in Summer

What do you like to do for fun? knitting, reading , studying

What major city do you live in or near? State? Kiel, Germany

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?more living the good live routines

How would your pet or friend describe you? open and tolerante , sometime quite

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. a pullover

What is your favorite TV show? Star Trek

2 fun things about you? stubborn and clumsy

Anything else you would like to share? nope
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 297 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Just signed up. This is my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Knit, sew, read, bike, play with the grandkids

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Washington DC in VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Recover from total knee replacement (3 months in), address my worsening osteoporosis nutritionally and with weight bearing exercises

How would your pet or friend describe you? I asked the cat and he gave me a death stare. So I asked the dog and he wagged his tail and rolled over on his back. What this means? I have no idea.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Knitting a sock. Now I need to start the second one. I am making Christmas gifts.

What is your favorite TV show? Call the Midwife

2 fun things about you? I like to make soap. I’ve been married to the same wonderful guy for 52 years.

Anything else you would like to share? I have 8 grandkids and only one is a girl. They all love to cook, except for one who is a baby.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,371 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Only one...the recent summer

What do you like to do for fun? walk my 5 dogs & visit good acquaintances at the dog park when we go, also enjoy reading

What major city do you live in or near? State? central California

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I've been on maintenance for a while & am going to attempt to lose a little more

How would your pet or friend describe you? most people who know me say I'm calm & my pets act calm around me too

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. painting the kitchen for one

What is your favorite TV show? Call the Midwife , I watch mainly British shows

2 fun things about you? I'm not very outgoing so I don't think I'm "fun" as far as activities go, I've had fun going to the gym, taking my dogs out to couple extra different places we go once in a while, things like that. I also volunteer at a no kill animal shelter & we foster dogs

Anything else you would like to share? I'm really going to try & lose about 8 more lbs but have to try to see if I'm willing to eat less & if it would be sustainable, especially now that I'm getting over a painful heel spur & have been doing upper body exercises. I'm all about keeping it off. I really liked the challenge I was in, it kept me accountable
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    1Like
    Hug
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 40

What do you like to do for fun? I love challenging myself mentally, problem-solving, Sudoku, taking walks, reading crime novels, knitting, singing, feeding wild birds, eating at restaurants (I do that for the challenge of staying on track)

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles, California

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? My goals are to bring my blood glucose levels down to normal, and to lose ten pounds

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dependable, reliable

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Never-ending Winter Cap Project. Tonight, the last thing I finished is our fourth son’s last year’s winter knitted cap. Then I began this year’s knitted cap

What is your favorite TV show? Lately, Silk. A British law series. Lawyers, Barristers, etc…it’s almost like learning a new language

2 fun things about you? I like to clean house, I can wiggle my ears

Anything else you would like to share? I had a hysterectomy with major repair work in April, and I can finally say that I’m back to normal. (Or have I reached a new normal?) I feel good!
  • DRC200971
    DRC200971 Posts: 751 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Just signed up. I can't really give you a number. I was on the Dawgies team on SparkPeople Since the challenges started on MFP, I have missed one.

What do you like to do for fun? Attend grandkids activities, read, gardening, biking with my wife, daughter and granddaughter.

What major city do you live in or near? State Central, Illinois north of Peoria, IL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I wear a CGM, I'd strife to stay in my goal range and A1C level, and to actually lose the 5%. I have been close, but never an achiever.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My friend would say I'm loyal, dedicated and committed to giving my best in an effort to achieve the objective.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name - Inspiring Better Nutrition Through Learning and Growing. I start vegetable plants in the spring and donate them to the local food bank. Each Saturday, in May and early June, I have a chance to speak with recipients who rely on the food bank for groceries about how nutritious vegetable are, how to grow the plants and how to prepare the produce. At this time of year, my wife and I are now donating vegetables to the local food bank and again can address nutrition.

What is your favorite TV show? Football, Bears, Baseball,

2 fun things about you? We have been married for 53 years and 4 years of dating prior to marriage, We have 3 wonderful grown children and 2 amazing grandkids. We are truly blessed.

Anything else you would like to share? My wife and I are season ticket holders of of both the local college basketball team and the local minor league team. We spend a lot time in stadiums and local college basketball venues. The minor league team is in the playoffs and my wife and I will travel to watch them at the visitors ballpark.
  • nbruns83
    nbruns83 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this will be the 26th.

What do you like to do for fun?baking, cooking, reading, sewing, knitting

What major city do you live in or near? State? southern Idaho

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? lose more belly fat and rehab from an injury to my sacroiliac joint most likely caused by over-zealous weed pulling

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal and stubborn

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name. An ebook "Maybe You Should Talk to Someone" by Lori Gottlieb. I needed a renewal from an online library, so it took from June to September.

What was your favorite TV show? I rarely watch TV, so I have no favorites.

2 fun things about you? I prefer to do things in a slow, precise manner. I dislike "shortcuts." I'd much rather write a letter in cursive than send a text.

Anything else you would like to share? My husband and I are both retired and have returned to the farms of our childhoods.
  • Buckeye5
    Buckeye5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 1

What do you like to do for fun? Read play games cook

What major city do you live in or near? State? Texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Keep eating healthy, meal plan, drink water, track food, walk. And because of those, steadily lose without dieting.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Smart and kind and helpful

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Paving the sides of my driveway with bricks

What is your favorite TV show? Mystery shows or British drama

2 fun things about you? I can lick my elbow and I once worked for the Mafia. Ok one of those is not true.

Anything else you would like to share? I love making foods from all over the world.
  • Stuv46
    Stuv46 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? The Fall Challenge is my first so I'm a little nervous!

What do you like to do for fun? Figure skate

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles, California. Burbank to be exact.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back into the habit of exercising and to fit into my clothes from 3 years ago!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Shy, loyal

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Organized old photos and sent them out to get scanned. Finished reading Mario Puzo's "The Godfather"

What is your favorite TV show? All of the Law & Order shows and true crime documentaries.

2 fun things about you?
    1. I was born in Japan but have lived in the US for most of my life. All of my family and relatives are in Japan so I try to visit them once a year.
    2. I lived in Pittsburgh, PA when we were the City of Champions so I bleed Black & Gold!!! Love my Steelers, Penguins and Pirates!

Anything else you would like to share? I've been dealing with pain from hip dysplasia the past 3 years and haven't been able to exercise as much as I'd like. I hope that won't hurt whichever team I'm assigned to! I hope to make a lot of friends here!
  • skaniski26
    skaniski26 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have done many of them I started on SP and have been doing them since.

What do you like to do for fun? Computer games. Read. Listen to music.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I like e near Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to continue working on my goal to get fit again and continue to lose weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Generous, friendly, kind,

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I haven't finished anything lately it is a continuous effort.

What is your favorite TV show? Lately I've been watching the Hallmark channel.

2 fun things about you?

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,292 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 8, I think.

What do you like to do for fun? exercise, hike in the mountains/redwoods, play the acoustic guitar.

What major city do you live in or near? State? ~90 miles from San Francisco, California.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to get down below 230, closer to 220.

How would your pet or friend describe you? calm, thoughtful (or maybe boring)

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. homemade chili (finished making it, finished eating some of it)

What is your favorite TV show? All time favorites: "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle" and "Looney Tunes" (😂), "Life" (2 seasons), "Northern Exposure", "Seinfeld", more recently "NCIS", "Bluebloods", "CSI", "Justified"...

2 fun things about you? After years of having an interest in yoga and tai chi, I've been practicing both for the last two years (I recommend both for improving flexibility, stability and balance.

Anything else you would like to share? After two years of losing a substantial amount of weight (100+ pounds), I gained back ~16 pounds the third year. I'm now in the fourth year and trying to get my weight back down to where I was, preferably a bit lower.

• epivan
    epivan Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Been in on the challenges since Winter 2021.

Motorcycling, cycling, hiking, and camping.

Memphis, TN

Get my nutrition, training, and sleep back on track after a very stressful spring/summer.

Cranky.

Next week's lesson plans so I can enjoy a weekend away without guilt.

Outlander.

2 fun things about you?
    I wrote a book. I won an award this summer for being the female rider who rode the farthest to get to a motorcycle rally.

I'm really struggling to strike a work/life balance right now and my fitness is suffering....
  • tjharleygal55
    tjharleygal55 Posts: 526 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think 4

What do you like to do for fun? Read, spend time with family/friends, music of all kinds, take long, hot baths

Green Bay, WI

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Trying to come up with the self-discipline that I need to complete this challenge.

I would hope kind and loving

The dishes. 😂
    I also finished a 15 mile bike ride today for a fundraiser called the Great Cycle Challenge. I have the whole month of September to ride as many miles as I pledge in the beginning and to get donors to help fund children’s cancer research.

I don’t really watch much TV. I probably watch more football (college and pro) than anything else.

2 fun things about you?
    Years ago I used to be a clown named Harmony. My husband and I are very active, scuba diving, riding our motorcycles, traveling, boating, etc.

I teach a weight training class called Strong Bodies to people 55 and older. It’s exciting that this session we had 30 people sign up. Now I’m teaching two classes twice a week. Should help with making my exercise goals each week. 😉
  • newpma
    newpma Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Not sure but I was with Sparkpeople for years before here

What do you like to do for fun? Read, sketch watch TV

What major city do you live in or near? State? Liverpool, England

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin

How would your pet or friend describe you? Nice but sarcastic and a bit moody

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Season 16 of Criminal minds

What is your favourite TV show? Hard choice but I guess I should say Friends given how many times I've watched it :D

2 fun things about you? I have a wonderful Husband and 2 amazing children. I love Stephen King

• Dgrodis
    Dgrodis Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have done too many to remember.

What do you like to do for fun? Day trips, yard sales, flea markets and walking.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Allentown, Pa

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To eat healthy and exercise. I want to firm up the sags.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My pets say I'm loving and my friends say I'm crazy. LOL

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I start so many things that I am still working on.

What is your favorite TV show? True crime shows

2 fun things about you? I like to go to different places.

Anything else you would like to share? I am trying to retire soon so paying off things is my goal.
  • Audubon_Trail
    Audubon_Trail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, walk, watch movies.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm commuting distance from NYC.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 5%, complete the challenge.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Doting, over-thinking

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A database project for a food pantry I volunteer for.

What is your favorite TV show? It changes. Lately it's been Better Call Saul.

2 fun things about you? I like cheesy old horror/sci movies. Ditto for books.

Anything else you would like to share? I would like to improve my fitness to where I can go on hikes again.
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None

Read, music, spend time with my fur babies (2 cats)

Tulsa, Ok

Increase activities, work on improving on my sleep (suffer from insomnia), continue improving on my eating habits and weight loss.

Loving and a bit moody.

Honestly, can't remember last time I finished something.

Don't really have one. Do like to watch nature & world travel shows, seeing what it's like in other countries.

2 fun things about you?

• roxyxana
    roxyxana Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my second one

Dance, read, hike, spend time with friends and family.

Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Exercise more and try to eat more whole foods

No pets lol. My friends describe me as outgoing and a bit crazy lol

A 5k race!

Right now my favourite show is Only Murders in the Building

2 fun things about you?
    I love to travel and dance.

Anything else you would like to share? So happy to start this challenge, I struggled the first time around but I think I will do better this time! Good luck everyone!