Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Happy almost fall!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Home, enjoying a vacation day! Relaxing and having some coffee. Hope you and yours have a lovely holiday weekend.

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Happy September! Last week was the longest three months ever! Full moon, right before a break, kids just getting grumpy in general. :o
    I hope the weekend finds you well and you get rested.
    Going back to sleep... again! LOL
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Back at work after a nice four day weekend. WHOOT! Traffic was not too bad today which is nice.

Hope you had a nice extra day to yourself, @KateNkognito!

We had a nice trip to and from NJ to a friend's house on Sunday. No major traffic incidents which is good.

Started getting really hot here yesterday and will remain for the next few days. Have not been this hot and humid for a while but here we are!

Hope you have a great first day back and a good week ahead. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Glad you had a nice weekend, @Meghan509! We had a professional development day today.
    Weird thing, I had a migraine yesterday and a bit of a headache today. This afternoon I saw a fuzzy spot in my right eye. Went to the eye doctor and it is a symptom of the migraine. Never had it before. Hopefully it clears up soon.
    In good news, I am back down to where I was at the beginning of August. The two weeks of in-service threw me off my fasting schedule. I have been doing really well the last few weeks and I'm going down, down, down. :)
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Oh boy are the cars back on the highway! Today it felt like it took a lot longer just to get on the highway. That's okay. Got in safe and on time. Will try and leave extra time from now on, now that school is back in session and everybody is back on the roads.

Congrats on your losses, @KateNkognito! Happy to hear the weight is going in the right direction! Hope you feel better and that crappy migraine goes away. Ugh. I have a little headache happening here too. Took my Excedrin Migraine. That helps.

Hope you have a good day today. Off to print off some PPTs for a big deadline. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Eye cleared up!
    Bad news is I was a moron and forgot to print the stuff I and another teacher needed for our lab today. :s
    I went for my monthly consult with my chiropractor today. I am s l o w l y making progress. Need to start eating more fruits and veggies again. Might run through the my fitness pal plan again. Need to think up some new ideas for adding them in.
    @Meghan509, sorry the traffic is back. Excedrin Migraine is some miraculous stuff! Happy printing!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks @KateNkognito ugh, sorry to hear about the printing mishap on your side. We are only human, right!? <3 Good luck with the chiro!

Printing job here went off with only a minor printer jam. LOL Not bad. Had it done by lunch time which is nice.

Running around a little this morning. We have a wedding celebration luncheon today for a colleague. Last few folks need to sign the card and give a little cash!

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, today was... a day. My car wouldn't start this morning. Wouldn't have been so bad, but I was taking my youngest to morning practice. I ended up driving the eldest's car. Turns out it was a lose cable. But I am currently sitting here waiting for eldest to finish his lab so I can drive him home.
    @Meghan509 I hope the celebration was nice! Congratulations to the happy couple!
    SO glad tomorrow is Friday!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Oh no, sorry to hear about the car trouble @KateNkognito that stinks. :( Sounds like it should be all fixed and good to go for today. Phew.

My coworker had her oil changed recently at the dealer and they forgot to reattach the tray that covers the oil pan. She was on the highway and and it was making a dragging sound. UGH. Ran back to the dealer and they fixed it but jeez... Talk about people not doing their job. How scary.

Quiet day at home today working. No traffic to contend with, which is nice!

Relaxing weekend on tap here. Supposed to get a fair amount of showers and rain all weekend. :( Sounds like a good weekend for the movies or Netflix or all of the above!

Next weekend we are on vacation and off to Maine for a week!! Can't wait.

Hope you have a good one and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    This week can step on a Lego in soggy socks!
    Car was all better. Then I got up this morning feeling a bit rough, but not too bad. I didn't even make it through the first fifteen minutes of class. Scribbled some sub plans. Came home and slept for hours. Thought electrolytes would be good. It was not. And traffic was bad on the way this morning. I give up. Going back to sleep!
    @Meghan509, enjoy your weekend! And next weekend sounds lovely!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Ugh, that is rough @KateNkognito hope you are feeling better and were able to relax this weekend and get some nice rest!

We had a relaxing weekend. Yep, definitely in "almost vacation" mode here! In the process of figuring out some fun activities which are dependent upon weather in most cases so fingers crossed!

Working remotely today and in the office my usual days this week, Tuesday through Thursday.

About to hop on a 10am Eastern call. Cloudy here which is not like a typical 9/11 but here we are.

Hope you have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It is gloriously cool and rainy here! Almost makes up for it being Monday.
    I got a boatload of work done today because I made it a catch up day "for the kids". That's teacher speak for "my grades are due Friday and I have done zero of it".
    Due to lack of subs, I had 40+ students in my room for one class today. I took pitty on the principal who was going to have to be the sub but also was supposed to be in a different place at the same time.
    I need to do more grading, but I think I am more likely to fall asleep. Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Oooh can you send some of that cool weather this way, please @KateNkognito!! Cloudy and a humid 75 degrees F here! 82% humidity right now. Screams. Looks like it will get better after today and will be sunny and a tad cooler. Bring it on!!

Wow that is a lot of kiddos to have in a class room! I don't blame you, I would have volunteered too! Good for you. :) Hope today is better!

Typical day here. Had a leak in the kitchen upstairs at our office and now they are fixing it. Sigh. Never a dull moment!

Traffic was not hellish which is good. Cruising through the week and hoping Hurricane Lee takes a sharp right turn in to the water, where he won't put anyone in danger. Sigh. Right now it is looking like we will be driving up the coast in all that fun on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Have a good Tuesday and see you soon!
  • Trisharrell76
    Trisharrell76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. New to fasting. Kind of found the 5:2 diet when I tried to do a two day fast to cut my sugar cravings and reset my hunger cues. I ended up only being able to keep my calories down to 500 from mostly protein. Turns out that is how the 5:2 fast diet works lol
    I see this as being very doable but I do have one major question.
    Where I work I am constantly surrounded by food, including desserts and beverages.
    Since I am still struggling with will power I do not know if I can manage to fast on a work day.
    When I did my 2 day 2 weeks ago I did it on my days off from work.
    But everything I have read says to not do your fast days consecutively and instead to split it up across the week.
    Do you have any tips or ideas?
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Welcome @Trisharrell76 we are so glad you found our little corner of the WWW!

Yes, happy to help you out. I would stagger the days so that you have a good day or two in between where you are eating at a higher or more "normal" calorie limit. When I was doing Five and Two I would do my fasts on Mondays and Thursdays typically, and then I would weigh in on the Friday AM. This worked well and I lost weight. I used to skip breakfast or just have coffee with a tiny bit of milk, have a real low calorie salad for lunch and a similar low calorie dinner. i.e., veggies are your friend too! But protein does help keep you full. You do what works best for you. One egg is 80 calories! Maybe do two (depending on how may calories you have) and toss in some low calorie veggies and make yourself a nice omelet. Definitely fills me up!
    As far as when to fast and on a work day or while off, I found being busy at work, in the office at the time, helped me a lot vs. a weekend day where I am less "busy" and have a full kitchen at my finger tips. Being at work would take my mind off food. We don't have too much around our office as far as food, so there were not a lot of triggers.
    Another thing is if you see something that is triggering, grab a glass of water or a flavored seltzer and try and walk away. Have a little snack if you have the calories. You will have something to keep yourself busy and water will maybe help fill you up a little bit! Also, herbal tea is another thing that helped me. If someone tries to push something on you - say NO THANKS! Then run away. LOL Also, tell yourself if I really want this item, I will have it on a non fast day. Done. Maybe you will, maybe you won't but don't let your mind mess with you. YOU are in control and you got this. Good luck and welcome again!

Things are good here. Managed to drive to work in some lovely torrential rain which is always fun! But, I left plenty of time and arrived at work on time. Two and half days until vacation!!

Have a nice one and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Trisharrell76 Welcome to our little group. I second what Meghan said. I also found, when I did 5:2 that if someone was being pushy or something looked really good, I would save it for later. Either my meal for the day or the next feasting day. If you want some good reading material, check out the Zero fasting app. They have loads of free information and if you sign up for the free trial, there is loads more. I will say that they emphasize daily fasting, like 16:8, rather than weekly like 5:2.
    @Meghan509 I hope traffic was kind to you today!
    Just another day at school. I am giving my classes a test today, so it has been very quiet and peaceful. :)
    Have a lovely rest of the week!
  • Trisharrell76
    Trisharrell76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Meghan and Kate (I have a daughter named Meghan spelled the same way 😁)
    I will see give it a shot. Plus I was looking at some French toasted pancakes made with Almond flour that looked really good and there is no way I will make them on a work day. So that is incentive to break my fast up.
    I am an assistant dining room manager at an assisted living facility. So we have unlimited meals of what ever we are serving that day including yummy desserts and every kind of beverage you could want at our disposal.
    I lost 52lbs 10 years ago and kept it off until the past 2 years so I know I can do this. I just have to put my mind to it.
    I roasted some chicken last night and am now making a bone broth in the instant pot with the bones so I can have that to sip on at work this week coming up. I'm actually better at keeping myself busy at home than I am at work. 😂
    @Meghan I love the rain. I'm glad you got to your destination safely.
    @Kate I will check out that app.
    Thank you guys for the welcome.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Great advice too for @Trisharrell76, @KateNkognito!

Hope you guys are having a good Thursday so far. I had a crappier commute this morning because I ended up following what the GPS said and that was for me to get off the highway. When I got off, I proceeded to get stuck in every single stop light known to man for what seemed like forever. ARGH!

We are still looking like we have a hurricane to deal with this weekend, when we drive up to Maine. My guy thinks we should hold off and go up on Sunday instead, so the storm has time to hit and then if there is a power outage we know ahead of time vs arriving on Saturday night in who knows what. The area where we are headed has a hurricane watch. I dunno.

Keep your fingers crossed for us. I really need this vacation and am so frustrated with all the curve balls that life has thrown my way this year. I just am over it. Sorry to be kinda down and negative. :(

Two more work days and then time off. Sigh... Hope you have a good rest of your day. See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good afternoon! (It is just a tad after noon here on the east coast)!!

Hope your week has gone well. Confirming that we are planning to depart tomorrow (weather permitting) for Maine. For next week I will try and check in but it will be sporadic.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Safe travels @Meghan509! If the weather is bad and the power is out, you can just stay tucked inside and ignore the world (and the gps/traffic). :)
    @Trisharrell76 I hope things are going well for you! Let us know how it is going! I can see how a food heavy environment like yours would be tricky.
    It has been a looong week. So glad it is Friday! Have a great weekend!