Monthly Post for September 2023

Options
2»

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    @Trisharrell76 I saw your fast day meal post. My favorite proteins are tuna or salmon and eggs. Which go together very well. :) I would give a little advice, don't be too restrictive as you start fasting. Healthy foods are always good, but if you are telling yourself no all the time, you might not be as successful as you want.
    @Meghan509 I hope you made it safe and sound! Enjoy your vacation!
    A quiet Sunday here. I have a few things to print for my classes tomorrow and some laundry to do. Also, who hates it when you go to the store and then realize all the things you didn't get as soon as you get home? Back to the store for me... :s
    Have a lovely week!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Somehow, I missed yesterday. I remember typing something, I must not have hit the Post button. Yesterday was Monday-ish. Today was Monday's evil twin! Cloudy, breezy days always throw the kids a bit off. And I was not at the top of my game. Going to bed early and reading a book. I have some really good pasta for dinner, first.
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Made it safely to Maine on Sunday night! No issues. The good news too is that my Aunt has a generator! Luckily we didn't need it. WiFi was down for a bit but it came back up Sunday afternoon / evening. Not bad.

Having a relaxing time and will check in with you soon. Have a great evening!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Pasta last night was FANTASTIC! And I had the leftovers for lunch today. Kids were back to normal today. So, all around, a pretty good day! Glad you are having a nice week, @Meghan509!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Good day. Long day. I volunteered to help with the cross country meet after school. I need sleep. Fasting news: down almost 10 pounds! 50 to go!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Congratulations on the loss @KateNkognito way to go! Pasta night sounds yummy!

Going well here up in Maine. Got a lot of nice walks in and went up to the mountain yesterday and took a lot of pictures! So pretty here... :#

Today we are taking a ride on a schooner and will be spreading some of my Dad's ashes with my Aunt and her husband. <3

Have a great day and nice weekend! We head back home tomorrow mid day. Time flies!

XO, Meg
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Glad you are having a lovely time. And what a nice way to honor your dad. <3
    It has been a long week and I am tired. Is it bad to hope the storms tonight take out power to the school through Monday? I need a 3 day weekend. :D
    Have a good weekend! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Arrived back home on Saturday from Maine. It was a little rainy down here in Connecticut but all went well! No issues. BF drove us the whole way home which was awesome!!

We had beautiful weather almost the entire week, which was great! We got outdoors a lot and I took over 200 photos! LOL Will see if I can share some here.

Friday of last week we were able to take the ride on the schooner and it was amazing! So beautiful and perfect weather. Wore my SPF the whole time. LOL

Yesterday we got all caught up with laundry and groceries and are having a pretty rainy and windy day here. I am glad to be remote.

Hope you managed okay with your wind and rain, @KateNkognito I know what you mean about needing a long weekend even though I just got back from vacation. LOL

Next trip for me is Thursday, October 12 through Sunday, October 15 to northern Georgia, where we will spread the remainder of my Dad's ashes with more family.

Have a good day and see you soon!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Quick hello as it is a crazy day at the office. Hope you are having a good one. And you are keeping your head above water, better than I am today. :s

See you soon. Sigh...
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Nope! Drowning here, too! Sometimes Tuesday is Monday's evil twin. I hope your week gets better! I am seriously considering taking a day off just to decompress, catch up, and reset. I probably won't because sub plans are a nightmare. But it is a nice thought. Have a good one!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Today is a little better but either way going with the flow! All we can do. Traffic was decent. No rain which helps!

@KateNkognito - I totally get what you mean about the day off. I just came back but I feel like I need a day! LOL I do have a few extra days so maybe end of October I will do a mental health day or something. :)

About to get on an 11am Eastern conference call, so will keep this short. Maybe in my next life I will be rich so I can sit on my rear and not have to work. LOL

Today is the first day in a while that I am wearing regular flats vs. sandals because it is feeling that cool out. Sigh...

Hope you have a good day and I will see you soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Friday Eve here! Woo hoo! Happy Thursday. Hope your week is going well.

Today the traffic was kind so that was nice! Just shy of 50 degrees F here and cloudy. Rain coming a little later today and will be windy tomorrow. I feel like we are always having wind and little hurricanes lately. Sigh.

Snuck on to Old Navy today and picked up some new pants for work. I had a coupon for 40% off my order since I have an ON credit card. I pay it off when I receive the bill... LOL :p

Not much else going on here. Looking forward to the weekend already. We are going to BF's parent's house for dinner on Saturday. Have not seen them in a while. Time flies!

Hope you have a good rest of the day. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Friday from WINDY and RAINY Southern New England. Grumble grumble. :( 57 degrees F so not that cool but ugh....

Good day to be home watching TV or a movie on the couch! But, at least I am home and working. Traffic is always craptastic on these rainy days! Hope it is nicer where you are.

Going out to the dermatologist mid day to have my yearly blue light treatment. That's where they put this stuff on your face, let it sit, then put you under the blue light to "melt" away any pre cancerous lesions. I have been doing it for a few years now. I was a naughty girl in my 20's and beyond and spent a lot of time in the sun. Sigh. I think it definitely helps and the insurance covers it. :)

Sunday is the first day of October! I will try and remember to pop in, but if I don't go ahead and start the new thread if you remember and have time. Otherwise it can wait. :)

Have a nice weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Holy Full Moon Fever! I just realized I haven't posted most of this week. It got away from me. The children were very special this week. And I was very tired.
    @Meghan509 Looks like your week improved. :) We are supposed to get the cool rainy weather next week. Looking forward to it! Enjoy your dinner this weekend! I joked with a friend the other day about a winning lottery ticket, so she bought me one... sadly, I did not win. Back to work for me.
    Have a lovely weekend