Downsizers Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    I'm back guys. Having the month of August off gave me some time to rest and get myself in a better position to have a great September. This is Michigan's last real decent month as far as weather goes so I am hoping to get many steps and a lose a few lbs while the weather is still in the 70's.

Can I change my weigh in day to Friday?

You sure can. Can you give me a start weight? Preferably what you weighed on Friday past. Welcome back!
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    PW: 81.3
    CW: 82.2

lots on this week including oldest kids birthday, futsal comps (not the best food at these) and a mate over from NZ, plus I've come down with my second sinus infection in the last month, need to pull finger out this week to lift my game

I hope you feel better.
    Steps: 4,748
    Swim: 3/3
    Mini Walk: 2/2

Another week of reaching my exercise goal but gaining weight. I am going to the pool soon.

@Slimmersixties
    Please use 173.6 as my Christmas challenge weight. I am going to lose 11 pounds which will bring me to 100 pounds lost. I will need to adjust my calories for the week so I can lose .75 pounds a week. I can and will do this.

We will both have lost 100lb by Christmas! Ill be at goal. Will that be goal for you too?

I am still not sure. I have my diabetic check in 3 weeks. I am going to ask the doctor then what she thinks. I am really hating the loose skin that goes with the weight loss. Do you find that you have much loose skin?

Tons of loose skin :( particularly bad around my neck, which i really hate, and the tops of my legs which aren't so much of a problem as i hide them! But i just ask myself did those areas look any better when they were filled with fat!!!

Top of my legs make a whoosh sound when I move now if I wear lose pants or a skirt so I don’t wear them. I cover my arms now also. I go back and forth on looking into skin removal surgery.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 7,925
    Swim: 1/3
    Mini Walk: 1/2

That is my highest step count in awhile on a non pool day. I am paying for it today but I am going to get in the hot tub and stretch before I swim.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question:
    Tonight is the monthly potluck for our building. I am trying to decide if I will go. It’s the logging of the food that is worrying me. How do you log your meal if you go to a potluck?
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    PW-222.8
    CW-219.8
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

"Still very painful ... the rod that goes from my ankle to my knee is extremely painful"

I have a lot of problems with my right leg and had two procedures done on it recently. I understand what it's like to live with pain, I live with it on a daily basis. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I'm sorry you're going through this, hope the pain and foot/leg gets better soon and you can enjoy your life more.

Best Wishes, Karly
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    9/3-7621
    9/4-8467
    9/5-7481
    9/6-10310
    9/7-7763
    9/8-4320
    9/9-8862
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

"Still very painful ... the rod that goes from my ankle to my knee is extremely painful"

I have a lot of problems with my right leg and had two procedures done on it recently. I understand what it's like to live with pain, I live with it on a daily basis. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I'm sorry you're going through this, hope the pain and foot/leg gets better soon and you can enjoy your life more.

Best Wishes, Karly

Thank you so much Karly ... I really hope this is the last surgery 6 is too many .. I want my life back and I really want to walk my dogs boy do I miss it ...this injury has gone on for too long .. I still have a long journey ahead of me with PT for at least a year ughhhh
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    jnbmsct1xfj6.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for September week 1 ... Please have them in no later than this evening 8/12 so that I can post the results in the morning ...Thank you for your cooperation :)

@aactuallyaash 9/3 - 9/9
    @tahm42 9/3 - 9/9
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,341 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

9/10 9,974
    9/11 7,353
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    adianeschu wrote: »
    PW-222.8
    CW-219.8

Well done!!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Question:
    Tonight is the monthly potluck for our building. I am trying to decide if I will go. It’s the logging of the food that is worrying me. How do you log your meal if you go to a potluck?

I avoid human interaction at all costs. Certainly helps me keep the arrow pointing down lol.

I imagine I would just make a couple dishes to bring and only eat my own food unless there was something there I knew I could easily journal.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    PW-222.8
    CW-219.8
    @adianeschu
    Hey! That's great! :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,854 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/3-8682
    9/4-8494
    9/5-8823
    9/6-11102
    9/7-8688
    9/8-8203
    9/9-8556
  • MotivatedM3
    MotivatedM3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    MotivatedM3
    Wednesday
    SW 275
    PW 264.9
    CW 264.2
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    PW-222.8
    CW-219.8

Fantastic week!
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    Question:

I avoid human interaction at all costs. Certainly helps me keep the arrow pointing down lol.

I imagine I would just make a couple dishes to bring and only eat my own food unless there was something there I knew I could easily journal.

I decided to skip it. Maybe next month. Thanks for your suggestion.
    MotivatedM3
    Wednesday
    SW 275
    PW 264.9
    CW 264.2

Congrats on the loss.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

What is your go to evening snack?

• KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

"Question

"What is your go to evening snack?'"

I don't have one. I don't like eating in the evenings before going to bed, because it bothers my sleep. I eat dinner by 6:00 p.m and don't eat again until after 10:00 a.m.
This discussion has been closed.