Downsizers Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    NSV - I was going through an old suitcase a few weeks ago and found an old pair of pants. I haven't gotten any new pants since I started losing weight because I didn't want to spend the money, but I had a goal weight coming up and my prize was a new pair of jeans. I tried to old pants on and they were pretty snug, but like 10 inches below the size I had been wearing. That was a cool feeling. I decided to order a pair 2 inches smaller even though the old pants didn't give much room for anything. The place I order from takes about 3 weeks before you receive them, so I figured this would be a nice goal. They came in today, and they are a little too big lol. Looking forward to the next time I can get new pants.

Onward and downward.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,805 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    NSV - I was going through an old suitcase a few weeks ago and found an old pair of pants. I haven't gotten any new pants since I started losing weight because I didn't want to spend the money, but I had a goal weight coming up and my prize was a new pair of jeans. I tried to old pants on and they were pretty snug, but like 10 inches below the size I had been wearing. That was a cool feeling. I decided to order a pair 2 inches smaller even though the old pants didn't give much room for anything. The place I order from takes about 3 weeks before you receive them, so I figured this would be a nice goal. They came in today, and they are a little too big lol. Looking forward to the next time I can get new pants.

Onward and downward.

Awesome NSV :)
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @NachDeezy
    Thanks for sharing your NSV! An inspiration for sure!

Thanks @lindamtuck2018 :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 232.2
    CW 233.0

I will be out of town next week and unable to weigh in.
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 733 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Friday weigh-in: 009/15/23

PW: 187.6
    CW: 186.8

MFP User Name - Learningmoments
    Commitment for Week - 60,000
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: steps

Saturday -10,431
    Sunday -10408
    Monday -12689
    Tuesday -10135
    Wednesday -11029
    Thursday -10618
    Friday -12250
    Total: 77560

Commitment for Week - 100
    Tracking Type - floors
    Saturday -17
    Sunday -16
    Monday -22
    Tuesday -19
    Wednesday -17
    Thursday -16
    Friday -20
    Total: 127
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Friday weigh-in: 009/15/23

PW: 187.6
    CW: 186.8

MFP User Name - Learningmoments
    Commitment for Week - 60,000
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: steps

Saturday -10,431
    Sunday -10408
    Monday -12689
    Tuesday -10135
    Wednesday -11029
    Thursday -10618
    Friday -12250
    Total: 77560

Commitment for Week - 100
    Tracking Type - floors
    Saturday -17
    Sunday -16
    Monday -22
    Tuesday -19
    Wednesday -17
    Thursday -16
    Friday -20
    Total: 127

Awesome job!!👏🏽👏🏽
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Onward and downward.

Great nsv! In my experience it takes ages for your brain to catch up with your actual loss! I can't tell you how many times I've seen clothes, thought they looked the right size, bought them and they were too big!!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well!

I pulled it off yall.. did the full 5k today- over 3.12 miles. Over 6707 steps, which is more than 4000 higher than I've done since I started here. My legs are a bit jelly, my backs a little sore, but the rest of my parts held up lol. Might not feel good in the morning, but I feel amazing right now.

Much love.

Fantastic, those extra steps are a huge number of calories burned and fat lost!(
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Steps: 4,948
    Swim: 3/3
    Mini Walk: 2/2

PW 173.6
    CW 172.2

I didn’t end up going to the pool as my daughter from Scotland called. With the time difference and her running a business it can be hard to connect. I didn’t really eat at the fair. I had a few pieces of the girls popcorn, a taste of their dill pickle cotton candy( 🤮) and split a pop with my husband as my blood sugars went low.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Is there a conversion for walking while pushing a walker? I was at the fair for 5 hours and it gave me less than 500 steps. Granted all those 5 hours weren’t walking but I estimate it was at least 2 hours of walking.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Will catch up on posts later today.
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 306
    CW: 299 (-7 lb loss) 😸

Yessss! I'm finally in a new century myself. Happy to be out of the 300's. Didn't think I'd make it this soon. Thanks for the support and inspiration that I have gotten from y'all.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in
    PW: 319
    CW: 318
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Today is my weigh in day but I don't have one to post for today.
    I had health problems flare up this week so I have pretty much been house bound and unable to do much.
    2 symptoms flared up Tuesday morning and a 3rd flared up Thursday night which was quite brutal.
    Last day I was able to be out and about doing "life as normal" was Monday.
    Things should turn the corner this coming week so I will weigh in next Saturday.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Yessss! I'm finally in a new century myself. Happy to be out of the 300's. Didn't think I'd make it this soon. Thanks for the support and inspiration that I have gotten from y'all.

Wow! Congratulations! Keep moving south through this new territory! :)
  • RoblinB
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well!

I pulled it off yall.. did the full 5k today- over 3.12 miles. Over 6707 steps, which is more than 4000 higher than I've done since I started here. My legs are a bit jelly, my backs a little sore, but the rest of my parts held up lol. Might not feel good in the morning, but I feel amazing right now.

Much love.

Nach! That IS amazing! To think not long ago you struggled with much shorter distances... I'm sure three miles would have felt like the ends of the earth!

Hope you can enjoy some recovery time today. :)
  • RoblinB
    Options
    Sorry - one day I will remember to put everything in a single post, rather than three in a row!

@lindamtuck2018
    Dill pickle cotton candy? Really? Obviously I have not been to the fair in decades. I think I would make that face, too!!

PW 185.6
    CW 183.9
    :)

Was out of town with work for a couple of days. Made a point of getting my steps and, for the most part, made pretty good food choices. These things are not natural for me yet (if they ever will be - there definitely were cookies calling my name!), so it's one mini-NSV at a time!

Happy Saturdayl
  • Slimmersixties
    Options

Wow that's amazing, well done
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Steps: 4,948
    Swim: 3/3
    Mini Walk: 2/2

PW 173.6
    CW 172.2

I didn’t end up going to the pool as my daughter from Scotland called. With the time difference and her running a business it can be hard to connect. I didn’t really eat at the fair. I had a few pieces of the girls popcorn, a taste of their dill pickle cotton candy( 🤮) and split a pop with my husband as my blood sugars went low.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Is there a conversion for walking while pushing a walker? I was at the fair for 5 hours and it gave me less than 500 steps. Granted all those 5 hours weren’t walking but I estimate it was at least 2 hours of walking.

Awesome loss my friend🎉
This discussion has been closed.