Pre-Challenge Activity #1: INFORMATION and YOUR INPUT! ℹ️🔠

2»

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,825 Member
    Pre-Challenge Activity #1: INFORMATION and YOUR INPUT!

My reason for being here is to reduce my bodyweight. I am a serial starter, a typical yo-yo dieter, and I always fall back into old habits. So I'm looking to build better habits slowly, and set myself up for success. I know the scale isn't the be all and end all, but since I am Obese Class III it is a very important indicator! So I am here to make some lifestyle changes that I can sustain for the long term - before it's too late.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 5,086 Member
    This is my six 5% challenge.
    In total (ups and downs) I haven't lost a significant amount of weight, but more importantly, I haven't gained either. If I were not participating, I'm sure there would be a higher number on the scale.

I've just come away from some major life challenges and this challenge time frame also includes vacation for almost 3 weeks, I will be happy to break even! Here are my weekly goals:
    Week 1 - Refocus, healthy habits and tracking
    Week 2 - Refocus, healthy habits and tracking
    Week 3 - Refocus, healthy habits and tracking
    Week 4 - Vacation - Enjoy myself but continue mindful eating
    Week 5 - Vacation - Enjoy myself but continue mindful eating
    Week 6 - Vacation - Enjoy myself but continue mindful eating
    Week 7 - Recover from Vacation :)
    Week 8 - Recover from Vacation ;)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,670 Member
    edited September 2023
    This will be my 2nd challenge. After losing 50 lbs by 2017, I maintained it till I quit smoking (10lbs) then had a pinched nerve & couldn't exercise for a while (10lbs) then couldn't lose it because I wasn't able to get back to the level of exercise I did before , I didn't increase my food intake, I gained because I'd eat back my exercise calories so I accepted that I couldn't lose 20 lbs but the clothes I had were snug & I felt sluggish so I found "half size me" on You Tube & got inspired to make small changes, since I wasn't willing to eat 200+ calories less per day because it wasn't sustainable for me. I did lose 20lbs over a years time & 6month later, I found the summer challenge. I loved the community, like minded people & the accountability and I'm ready to lose a bit more. I don't feel I could get back to the level of exercise I did before, gym 6 days/week including classes & I did love doing all of that but I've had eye surgery, skin cancer surgery, heel spur , covid in which I had no energy for some months & high BP & more in which I wasn't supposed to strain so I focus on exercises I CAN do not what I used to do . I would like to suggest one of the LTGL weeks to be eating veggies every day. I do eat veggies but we focus more on meat/poultry(cooked with veggies in them) so I don't always feel like cooking extra separate veggies after all the time in kitchen so veggies, besides potatoes get left out or I'll make a bunch & after it's gone it'll be a while till I make more & want it to become a regular part of our meals.
  • gintex2021
    gintex2021 Posts: 328 Member
    My reason for being here: I have gone up and down with my weight. I joined Sparkpeople in 2009 and experienced some weight loss but also weight gain. I am not consistent. I am able to stay on track for a period of time but then go completely off track and gain weight. I want that to end so I have joined this round to become more consistent in exercise and more aware of my eating habits.