Starting Over

Options
dawnwertz4542
dawnwertz4542 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2023 in Social Groups
Hello,

I just started back on MFP 3 weeks ago. I have over 120 lbs. to lose. I know I need to think of small goals, so for now my goal is to lose 10 lbs. I am so out of shape doing things like bending over to tie my shoes is hard. So, I started to take short walks, starting with 5 min and going up to 10, and adding 5 min increments. that was going well until i started to have pain in my Achillies tendon. I went to the doctors and found out i have tendonitis. The doctor said no walking, and I start Physical Therapy next week.

I am not sure how to lose weight without using walking for exercise. I am trying to think of what else to do, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

My fitness goal is to find an exercise to do 3 times a week.
Food Goal is to stay in my calorie count.

Replies

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Welcome, dawnwertz4542!
    I think you are going do well! We're all working towards similar goals. I would like to lose 50 lbs. I lost 40 lbs. several years ago and exercise isn't really my thing. I used to do a little bit of yoga and pilate, but my body aches now. I believe losings weight is more about what you eat. I think exercise is more about strengthening and toning the body. When I lost the weight in the past it was with very little exercise. Although petekimclaire suggested I try water aerobics. I'd like to look into local classes. Maybe you could try something like that. Although it's important to stay in your calories, it's more important to watch your sugar intake. You can check the labels for single digit sugars, 9 or less. We can do this!