Weigh Ins - Week commencing Mon 4th September

Options
chris_in_cal
chris_in_cal Posts: 2,185 Member
edited September 2023 in Social Groups
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

And for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    No loss recently
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Last week I skipped exercise and was over calorie budget few times. Hope I can return to regular exercising.

SW: 226; GW: 159; LW: 202.3; TW: 202; OL: 24
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you all have a great week. I'm going to try really hard with water, logging and sleep. So tired at the mo find myself eating rubbish to boost the energy 😴.
    Need a reboot lol
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    suejo2144 wrote: »
    Need a reboot lol

You must track everything you eat, this is first step. I sometimes find it hard, but with some effort it can be done. Track everything, even of you're over.

Keep us posted.
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @ikalujny thanks. Will track all. Will weigh in next Monday
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I am deeply committed to saying good bye to the "240s" and good riddance

Ouch. One the one hand I did lose weight, and I have a good plan. On the other hand it was the smallest number my scale does (.2 lbs.) and I'm still up in the 240s.... I'll put my boots on and keep on working. Good luck everyone.

GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Sep 4, 2023
    LW: 240.7 lbs
    TW: 240.5 lbs
    Variance: -0.2 lbs

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    ikalujny wrote: »
    Hi all!

Last week I skipped exercise and was over calorie budget few times. Hope I can return to regular exercising.

SW: 226; GW: 159; LW: 202.3; TW: 202; OL: 24

We celebrate the little tiny victories. Cheers to your .3 and my .2 :smile:
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    SW: 200.0 lbs
    GW: 140.0 lbs
    LW: 191.2 lbs
    TW: 190.8 lbs
    OL: 9.2 lbs

Had a 4-day weekend with a bit too much fun. Getting back on track tomorrow.
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    SW: 227.8
    GW: 140-ish
    TW:182.4
    LW: 185 (GRRRRR)
    Total Lost: 45.4

May have finally broken the plateau...steady decline for the past 5 days so I know it's not water.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »
    TW:182.4
    LW: 185
    May have finally broken the plateau
    That's great. It's gotta feel good.

I've been right there on that plateau with you for about two weeks...I'm next to fall of it!!!!!

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    No loss recently

Not true that's half a pound down on the previous one I have for you!
    And you are down quite substantially on end of July - progress report will be up shortly.

Never base your weight loss achievements on the week-to-week, look at the longer trend :smile:

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    SW: 125kg (275.5lbs)
    GW: 100kg
    Weigh In Info
    LW: 121.8kg (268.5lbs)
    CW: 123.7kg (272.7lbs)
    Variance to last week: +1.9kg (+4.2lbs)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    So happy you are back @tinkerbellang83
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    So happy you are back @tinkerbellang83

I promise to try an be more active lol
    The progress reports for August are now posted!
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am deeply committed to saying good bye to the "240s" and good riddance

Ouch. One the one hand I did lose weight, and I have a good plan. On the other hand it was the smallest number my scale does (.2 lbs.) and I'm still up in the 240s.... I'll put my boots on and keep on working. Good luck everyone.

GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Sep 4, 2023
    LW: 240.7 lbs
    TW: 240.5 lbs
    Variance: -0.2 lbs

You will get it by the end of the week I'm sure
  • shawnstevennelson1988
    Options
    SW 280
    GW 180
    LW 263.3
    TW 267

I had a bad week this week. I kinda gave up on my diet for a few days because I did like 7 workouts last weekend and gained a pound and it was very frustrating. I decided that tomorrow I'm going to give it another shot. I don't want to give up!

Shawn
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    SW 280
    GW 180
    LW 263.3
    TW 267

I had a bad week this week. I kinda gave up on my diet for a few days because I did like 7 workouts last weekend and gained a pound and it was very frustrating. I decided that tomorrow I'm going to give it another shot. I don't want to give up!

Shawn

When you restart/start/increase intensity of exercise you retain water on your muscles as they repair themselves it doesn't mean your fat loss has stopped, try not to get frustrated by seeing the scale rise as well as fall, over the process of weight loss. - it's totally normal.

Your actual bodyweight fluctuates constantly due to a whole host of factors that have nothing to do with fat loss or gain (Hydration, exercise, hormones, air travel, medication, carb intake, salt intake just a few of the many reasons). As I mentioned further upthread - tying motivation to the weekly up and down is a recipe for failure, you need to think longer term and watch your trending weight. That is why the progress report thread is a helpful tool here.

Check out the MFP tips thread here or the pinned posts in the main community forum - there are a lot of great info posts there.
This discussion has been closed.