"September's Daily Check-in for Support and Accountability"

Options
Veta2018
Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
edited September 2023 in Social Groups
Welcome, Anyone and everyone!
I find that daily posting and support from other's makes a huge difference to reaching goals. So, please join me in posting and walking through this journey together.

September 8, 2023

Good morning!
I am on a mission to lose 40-50 lbs. by the end of the year. I'm drinking more water and eat several small healthy snacks/meals throughout the day. I believe this is possible because about 10 years ago I lost 45 lbs. in 12 weeks. I want to keep my daily check in all in one place so i can easily go back and reflect and make changes where needed.

I started my new journey on August 28th weighing in at 180 lbs. I don't own a scale, so Sunday at my in-laws, I weighed 177lbs. I'm feeling good, like I'm on track. I'm spending a lot of time thinking about food and planning. On most days, I'm under my calorie goals. Although, I feel like I'm eating all day.(every 3 hours) Today, I pre-logged my food. I don't have a exercise program. I don't like cardio and ache too much for pilate and yoga. After I get a healthy food intake established, I plan to add it in. I didn't do much exercise during my last weight loss so I feel losing weight is more about eating healthy.

☺ Keep believing in yourself! 💪

Replies

• Veta2018
    Options
    September 9, 2023

Good morning!
    Yesterday went well. I met my calorie and other nutrition goals for the day. Pre-logging was very helpful in making that happen. I did however, have a challenge resisting to binge eat, later that night. I tried to replace my desire to eat with a bottle of water. I need to have a supply of high protein snacks on hand. Something like shrimp would work nice.

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Jenna Wolfe
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 10, 2023

Good morning!
    And that it is! God bless this day, and I thank him, for all the strength and will-power he has given me, to progress through this journey, I am on. May he provide you with strength to get through whatever challenge you may be going through in your life.

My husband and I attended a wedding last night. I'm proud of myself. I resisted temptation and ate meat and veggies. Got some good exercise in dancing too. A little sore today...hehehe. I used to do pilates. I enjoyed it, after I built up some strength, and flexibility. I think it's something I'd like to start doing again. Thanks for discussing it. I'll keep you up on my progress and any tips I remember along the way.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 11, 2023

Hello!
    It's the end of the season for my garden. It's been a nice go-to for eating healthy. I gathered the final zucchini, squash, cucumbers and peppers. I'll be having pumpkin seeds and brussel sprouts soon. I had way to many tomatoes. Made Pico de Gallo, tomato sauce, roasted tomatoes and add them to many meals. I enjoy gardening, it's like my sanctuary.

♥️ Remembering those who lost their lives on 9/11 and my thoughts go out to their friends and family today. ♥️
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 12, 2023

Hi, I weighed in at 174. That's a 3 lbs loss a week. I'm comfortable with that. However, I am feeling moody, sad, and kind of irritable today. I didn't want to get out of bed. I just wanted to stay in bed all day, but my food alarm went off. I have an alarm set to eat every 3 hours. So I got up to eat and start my day. I hope it gets better. Also, I hope everyone is making progress. I haven't seen any action here in a few days. If you've fallen off track, get up get moving. It's a new day and another chance to get it right.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 13, 2023

Hello!

I'm still here! My mood improved yesterday, after 25 min. of beginner's pilates and a healthy meal. Yes, I've finally decided to add exercise to my plan. It wasn't as painful as I led myself to believe.

"Just believe in yourself. Even if you don't, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will." - Venus Williams
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,509 Member
    Options
    Nice to see this thread - hopefully all member will participate here.

@Veta - I thought you were the person setting up this group but I now see it is some fellow but I see he has not posted anything. If you are posting regularly you could ask Betty who is on staff to add you as a leader as it gives you a little more help/control of how the group looks like. Also Veta, if this group is really not active enough for you I have a private group where I journal daily my thoughts, food and my faith gets me to share something from it also. If you are willing to participate regularly you could join me there - there are 2 of us and I am keeping it very small as it is very personal with posting how we are doing.

All is well with me - I am hoping there will be more activity here but if not that is ok as I do have a couple of groups, one of 5 women and one of 2 of us that really help keep me on track.

• Veta2018
    Options
    Thank you Marilyn!
    When I was on Sparkspeople, the group I was in did challenges and games. It kept people interested and active. I started posting here cause my sister uses this app. We are losing weight together but long distance, because she's currently in California and I'm in Indiana. She has a career, so I don't anticipate she will be posting on here. We will just share food logs. How do I contact Betty? If this group doesn't get more activity, I might take you up on the offer to join you in your group.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    @Veta - to contact Betty go to the 'mail' and typed in Betty for who you want to contact. That should get her

I am not sure how much I will post here as it is rather inactive - looked over the membership of the group and believe there are 15 but really it is only you that is regular. So if I go quiet it is to see if others participate - as for being accountable I am that on 3 groups that I belong to - 2 of which I am the leader of. So if you want / need accountablity with others that is a possibility to join one of them OR you can see what you can do to get this one up and running - it is difficult and I have found in the past it sometimes better to just start over that way you can organize it the way you want. I also see that this group is for 70+ so that might be the reason no one is joining.

Let me know if you need help or want to join one of the others - they are Christian based if that makes a difference but they are lovely ladies and really help with the encouragement.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 14, 2023

Hello, I am staying within my food goals and still drinking plenty of water.(76oz.) Although,
    It did get a little tricky, when I had an unexpected guest come and take me out for lunch. After, I preloged my food for the day, it was a challenge to decide what to eat, on the spot, and still stay within my food goals for the day. I did have a few more carbs then I would have liked though. Also, I increased my workout by 5 minutes, now doing a 30 minute workout. "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Jenna Wolfe.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    Hi, Marilyn. I think I'm going to continue posting here, for the month of September. However, I'm very interested in joining one of your groups, on October 1st.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 15, 2023

Hello!
    This morning I wanted to change my exercise routine and try something different. I tried this intense boxing workout. It's very fun but it is too much for me at this time. I could only do 10 minutes of the 18 minute workout. I was out of breath and wheezing. I took a couple minutes to catch my breath and finished with 3 minutes of stretching. I don't want to get cramps or hurt too bad later. I'll continue with the beginner workouts for now, but will definitely do this again in th future.
  • Veta2018
    edited September 2023
    Options
    September 16, 2023

Good morning!
    I'm making good food choices and even added exercise to my weight loss plan this week. I finally bought a scale! I weighed in at 170 lbs. That's 10 lbs. in 3 weeks.

"Most people give up right before the big break comes — don’t let that person be you."-Michael Boyle
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 17, 2023

Hello,
    Yesterday was a busy day, my step-dad passed away. I spent the day helping my mom plan the arrangements and look through old pictures. The time seemed to pass by quickly. As a result, I didn't eat enough calories. I snacked on baggies of veggies and nuts, but didn't really eat a good meal. This probably wont affect my weight loss, but it does affect my routine and of me establishing healthy new habbits.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 18, 2023

Hello!
    Yesterday I over ate. I don't know why I didn't stop at 1 serving and istead ate till I was full. I was only over on my calorie goal by 21 and carbs goal by 25. It's not really about the numbers. It's the behavior that disappoints me.

💪"Nobody is perfect, so get over the fear of being or doing everything perfectly. Besides, perfect is boring." - Jillian Michaels 💪
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 19, 2023

Hi!
    I must have been distracted yesterday, I logged my food diary but forgot to write my check-in. So the above check-in was actually today, and I missed yesterday. 😕
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    @Veta = you are doing well with checking in here regularly. It is sad though that the others are posting to encourage you as we all know how difficult it can be to stay on track without support.

I just officially got weighed - in the last 2 weeks I have lost 3.4 pounds so am pleased with that. Smaller portions, working on eating only food that will give me proper nutrition and avoiding all the rest. Plus plenty of water and walking every day. Have started with small goals and they are working. I have made these changes due to health concerns - no salt, working on reducing the flour and sugar from the diet, but the not salt and low potassium has been the big issue for me. Learning or working on learning to love vegetables is something that I find difficult - but slowly am seeing a difference.

Keep looking forward, doing today something for your health and in the end the weight will come off and health will return.

wqhp8b6lka1k.jpg
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @Marilynsretired - Thank you for your support. You are making great progress. Keep up the good work. We can do this together!
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 20, 2023

Good morning.
    I had another successful day eating healthy and I completed a light workout too.
    My husband was looking through the kitchen for something to snack on. I suggested nuts. He said "I don't want to eat like you."....lol. However, he is eating many foods like me and just doesn't realize it. He ended up eating the nuts.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 21, 2023

Good morning!
    I found some tips on good food choices while eating out.
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-cutting-calories-when-eating-out/
    It's something I've found a challenge recently, since most fast food places have eliminated the grilled chicken sandwich or salad options. I also decided that if we're eat out, I'm better off going to sit down restaurants than fast food. They provide more healthy food options.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    erwmjtf3gsjz.jpg