"September's Daily Check-in for Support and Accountability"

Options
2»

Replies

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    @Marilynsretired - Thank you for making me laugh today. I forgot, a smile and laughter can have heath benifits too.
  • Veta2018
    edited September 2023
    Options
    September 22, 2023

Good morning!
    Today is weigh-in day. I weighed in at 169 lbs. That's a 1lb. loss. I recently bought a scale, but I don't think my scale is right. It fluctuates my weight too much. I feel lighter and my clothes don't feel as tight. So, I need to weigh myself at my mother-in-laws again. I'm happy, atleast I'm moving in the right direction. *ugh...Aunt flow is visiting.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,511 Member
    Options
    hm9lc8k9436m.jpg
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 23, 2023

Good morning.
    Today is the first day of fall. I'm going to do a fall cleaning. Clean out my fridge and cabinets of old unhealthy foods. Putting a few of my husband's sweets and not so healthy foods on the top shelf. They will be out of my site and reach.(I'm 5ft)
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    p01rfupl7ib9.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    r9gkcb3f8j8f.jpg
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 24, 2023

Been spending time with family away from home. I packed my snacks and waters. I did great and watching what I ate. However, I found myself talking about how I was watching what I'm eating a lot. It's like I'm a little obsessed. It's all I think about. I'm not obsessed with the scale. It's planning what to eat.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    38yrw02v36em.jpg
  • Veta2018
    edited September 2023
    Options
    September 25, 2023

I'm within my daily nutritional goals. I completed a 30 minute workout. I drinking plenty of water.
    As I think about all the weight loss plans out there, it can be difficult to decide what one would work best for me. (keto, paleo, mediterranean, fasting,...) so I sort of created my own. When I was a scout leader, I remember teaching the five basic food groups with the pyramid of daily recommend servings. I looked at it today. I couldn't imagine eating 6 to 8 servings of breads/grains. My pyramid looks more like this:
    ycfzcctht2ks.jpg
    The most impotent foods to me is a variety of vegetables and meats/fish. Then I eat some grains and fruits. I probably should include some diary in my diet. I'm watching my nutrition though, making sure to include the benifits of high protein, some carbs and fats, and avoiding unnecessary sugars.

• Veta2018
    Options
    @Marilynsretired - let's choose 6 months of progress. "Be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.” - 2 Chronicles 15:7

September 26, 2023

Good morning,
    Today, I started my day with a 30 minute workout of alternating between 30 sec. intense exercise and 15 sec. moderate moves. I'll eat a good breakfast. Then, I will need to plan my meals and make my grocery list.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Am doing well - official weigh in was this morning - down another 1.6 pounds so feeling good about that.

I think what you are doing re food looks good. My program consists of lots of vegetables and fruits, chicken in small amounts and low on the carbs. But for the fruit I was told to eat fruit and vegetables first then the rest such as chicken and a little grain.

12x4nqwfivof.jpg
  • Veta2018
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Marilynsretired - My plan is mostly vegetables and meat/fish. Fruits in the morning because they have sugars. Little bit of grain, low carbs, no dairy and avoid sugar.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 27, 2023

Hello,

I have a couple new recipes planned for this week. I feel like changing it up a little and try something new. I'm having a 1/2 cup of oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts. I'm working towards low carbs but I felt like this would be a good add to get the benifits of whole-grain, high-fiber. I read this is beneficial to rebuild muscle after a workout. As I lose the weight, I want to be losing fat not muscle. Also, I'm a little sore from yesterdays workout, so I'm going to take it easy today, and go back to doing a beginners pilates.

☺ Life has it's ups and downs, we call them squats ☺
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    jnn91ml6rfx9.jpg
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 28, 2023

Good morning,

I preloged my food for the day staying within my daily goals. Changing things up a little, I completed a 45 minute fusion of Yoga and Pilates. I'm drinking plenty of water. I reduced my caffeine to one small cup of coffee in the morning. No more unsweetened ice tea throughout the day.

I love this time of year, observing all the leaves change into many colors, that'll create a beautiful landscape. I enjoy sitting outside and observing the night's sky on a cool night in front of a bon fire. I like being outside and breath in the fresh air, feel the wind on my face, and take in all nature has to offer....Life is good.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    whl9nihbrbax.jpg
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 29, 2023

Good morning!
    I got on the scale this morning. I've lost another pound this week. That is a total of 12 lbs. I'm logging my foods and drinks, drink water, posting my daily check-in, and exercising five days a week. I've educated myself about losing weight and strategies to keep it off. As I put what I learn into action, I'm obtaining a slow but steady weight loss. I feel like I'm making great progress.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 30, 2023

Goodbye,
    This will be my last post here. It's been a great month. Thank you to all who have shared their experiences with me and gave me tips or advice. Your support has been helpful and is appreciated. I found a wounderful group of people! I'm learning a lot, as I read about everyones daily expereinces, stratigies, and tips. They all make me feel like family. You're welcome to add me as a friend to continue this journey with me or you can find me here, in my new group.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145480-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2023