OCTOBER 2023 CHALLENGES -- 10/01 -- 10/31

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,893 Member
    Options
    Paula I wish I was in better shape. Just glad my hip/back exercises are helping. I think she is gone. We are not exciting enough for some folks. Like having 4 pen pals. <3 So glad the procedure worked for you.

Chris I am not sure I would want to watch my grandkids when I retire. Mine would be great grandkids. A couple times a week maybe. You are a saint. Or maybe for a trade off of chores?????

Saturday was our seasons end potluck on the mountain. Lots of family and friends. Small children every where. Good thing we have a fort, slide and swing. The bucks were clashing also. The men were especially interested in that. Rocky bought me a cake. My kids got me a game for my Nintendo switch. Which I still have not played!

Sunday was clean the aquariums time. We did filters, lids, over flows, sponges and skimmers. Intensive cleaning. Then worked out some. Did my recovery exercises. Not wanting to stiffen up as long as I can help it.

Still working on my Spanish.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate goal weight: 148
    Oct 31 goal weight: 169.9

Sep 30 ending weight - 173.4
    Oct 01 - 173.6
    Oct 08 - 175.8 🤬
    Oct 15 -
    Oct 22 -
    Oct 31 -

Horrible week. No excuses but it is the anniversary of my father’s passing. Couldn’t sleep this week so was up snacking almost every night. Will get it together.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Welcome back Paula. You’ve been missed! Hope you’re well.

Belated happy birthday Shelley.

Thanks Chris. Right now I can’t remember the day if the week.

I’m struggling right now. I haven’t shared but Ron’s mom passed away. She had Alzheimers and kidney issues. She was doing okay until she wasn’t. He spent the last 6 weeks in Jackson, Mississippi with her. She was in hospice care and died last Saturday.

A former co-worker’s son committed suicide, one of my favorite ex manager died Friday from brain cancer and a close friend of Ron’s had a stroke and died two weeks ago. Yes it’s been all doom and gloom lately. Life’s a little scary right now. Every time the phone rings I think what can happen next. Trying to find joy but it’s hard right now.

My friends and I have a weekend trip planned for Vegas the first weekend in August but it’s hard to think about fun right now with so much going on.

I feel so discombobulated. I know I have to get it together. Mom needs me that hasn’t changed. We did go to the cemetery yesterday on the anniversary of Dad’s death. I went with mom, my sister and niece. It gave me some comfort in a strange way.

Sorry for the long post. I will get it together. All I can think at this moment is why can’t I be like others who can’t/don’t eat when stressed and lose weight instead of gaining. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    One more thing, other than the squats challenge and my recumbent bike, I haven’t been working out as much lately. I can definitely feel the difference physically, mentally and emotionally.

That’s all,
    Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy a long post here is just what you need. Wow, you have been dealing with so much. I have always felt that a cemetery is for the living. It gives us comfort and closure. A place to let the grief out. I am sure Ron is suffering. Give him a hug for me.

Don't beat yourself up over the eating. Just fill your fridge with salads, boiled eggs, low calorie salad dressings and eat all you can. Put a puzzle on the table and turn on your favorite music.

I am glad you are doing the squats with me still. I will be thinking of you and Ron tomorrow. Hugs

I am still thinking about my future aquarium. We have spent so much on the cabin I may have to wait a little more. Tonight we bought a pan for the shower in the cabin. We will design around it. Frame it in. Tile and all that blah blah stuff. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,418 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Kathy, sending love and good thoughts to you and Ron.
    I do squats three days a week...always the same, tho.
    Had my trainer yesterday after Collin Duty. This morning I managed 3.51 miles in 64 mins and Collin was here w/Grandpa when I got home. The morning was pretty fun...watching hummers, trying the stroller inside and outside, then Collin playing in Ronan's police car...so darn cute!! Pat will be picking up Ronan shortly. I must set up a battle.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Chris I love how much fun you have with the Grands. They will have great memories of their time with you guys.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Hope this makes you smile!
    5nu68qscn0gl.jpg
    <3:*
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,700 Member
    Options
    Love it, Chris. <3
  • cpanus
    Options
    Collin Duty this morning then 60 min workout w/my trainer.
    Let me explain today to you all...first...Collin was the most unhappy baby on the planet!! He was not having any of it...no matter what "it" was!! Changing his diaper was a battle with two grownups and he won!! I was putting the diaper under him and he grabbed the front and yanked it out!!! We were laughing so hard...but it was so sad...he was crying and yelling and kicking. We still don't know why. Took me a long while to get him to sleep for his nap but after he woke up...we got all smiles again!!
    THEN...dun...dun...dun...I jumped in the Santa Fe and drove to my trainer's house only to get a call from Patrick letting me know it was a Sonata Day...the Sonata doesn't have a car seat for Ronan and it was Early Pick-Up at school, Pat needed the Santa Fe. I dashed home and switched cars and got back to my trainer's house in 25 mins!! She was great about the whole thing and went easy on me cuz she said I looked a bit stressed!! bwahahahahaha!
    That's my story for today!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris while I found the photo simply adorable. And agree with Kathy about making memories. I simply can not abide in you pulling one over on your trainer like that. You are fined 10 squats and 5 burpees, bwahahahaha.

Today was another non stop day at work. I thought initials were going to be easy. Only 5 inmates I custody. But no. Finished 4 and the jail logged off. I discovered that the last inmate also had court in District court. Which means they would have brought her over to the court. And my co-worker in holding got all snarky with me over the radio. Really? She should have known I needed her in my court since she took the call! And everyone hears us on our radios. Dispatch, patrol the jail. I found out our Sgt. Called her and chewed her out. Now that served her right.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Chris - I work for a chemical and and equipment company that cleans water. Industrial municipal etc. I've been there for 25 years coming in January, not sure that I'll make it too many more though... it's been fairly messy. But let's see. Semi job is the director of customer care. I've got 150 folks on my team throughout the globe. Awesome people. Most days it's an amazing job. I do enjoy the traveling piece but not quite this much!

I had a Great time in Toronto and then took the weekend and Nova Scotia with my BFF. What an amazing time. Gorgeous gorgeous part of Canada which I've never been to. Very cool vibe and really lovely people. Unfortunately I got a cold which I am now fighting which is really been a challenge.

The second challenge is my bag has yet to show up. I got in on Monday night and I'm still waiting for the bag. According to Air Canada online it was on its way to Philadelphia on Tuesday but I have heard nothing. Talk to a lovely customer service agent who was clearly not in this country trying to do his very best. He said he put a rush on it and made a priority but it still has not been scanned in Philadelphia. Cross your fingers that I get my bag!

Haven't done much exercise this week because I can barely breathe! Hoping this cold goes away :-) sadly I have to go into the office today to get to the dentist otherwise I would stay home!

Well that's about it from my end. I'll post some pictures from Nova Scotia when I get a little bit more time. It really was a wonderful trip.

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate goal weight: 148
    Oct 31 goal weight: 169.9

Sep 30 ending weight - 173.4
    Oct 01 - 173.6
    Oct 08 - 175.8 🤬
    Oct 15 - 174.2
    Oct 22 -
    Oct 31 -

Creeping down slowly. I need 2 weeks in a row…3 would be great.

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Karen, sounds like your job is fun! I hope they find your bag soon. Patrick was in water treatment for over 25 years. He still has stories.
    We have Collin Duty this morning then I have my trainer for 60 mins then we have Ronan duty. IT'S FRIDAY!!!!
    Later my friends,
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,700 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 317
    Ultimate goal weight: 138
    Oct 31 goal weight: 220
    • January - 200
    • April - 205
    • Sep 30 ending weight - 231
    • Oct 04 - 234... This scared me. And the weight starts hurting at this point.
      This is also when my neighbor loaned me his router and I could start tracking food again.
    • Oct 08 - 224.5... The first ten pounds are water weight but it's the right trend.
    • Oct 15 -
    • Oct 22 -
    • Oct 31 -
    I gained thirty pounds while my internet was down. My knees are bad now so I'm not exercising; and even though I eat right, I don't know when to stop. Tracking seems to be helping a lot.

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Tracking is a big help Paula. I should start again. So glad you are here.

We had a friend stay with us last night. She lives on Casper Mountain right where our cabin is. They got lots of snow up there and closed the road. I didn't get to exercise. But since she is a clean eater I was good.

Got to run.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula yes photos. We love them. Sorry about your bag. If it is not found it will be a shopping trip. Could be fun. :)

Shell
  • cpanus
    edited October 2023
    Options
    We didn't have Collin yesterday. He caught Ronan's cold and is stuffy and snotty...Sara stayed home from work and took care of him. We had Ronan after school. I saw my trainer in the afternoon.
    Today I did 5.64 miles in 108 mins to the post office and back. It was beautiful out there this morning. The rest of my day involves reading and reading!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Reading and reading. Well that sounds simply wonderful. I do hope Collin feels better soon. Have you ever shared a photo of the post office?

Today was busy. Well after I finally got up. Cleaned all the aquariums and did water changes. Then outside to clean out 2 of our 30 foot garden beds. That counts as squat work! Then I relaxed while trying to learn Spanish. A quick weight workout and my back/hip exercises. We then attended a friend's 80 birthday party. We had cake. It was delish. Then home to spend 30 minutes in the hot tub. What a wonderful day.

While soaking in the hot tub I came to a conclusion about my aquarium dilemma. What to do with the RedSea aquarium? It houses my oldest fish and anemone. They can't go in the tank with the larger fish. I decided to purchase a new tank for the corals in the coral tank. And put all the inhabitants of the 2 smaller tanks in one custom aquarium. Now to design the tank. I will put off getting the larger tank until next year. One move at a time.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies. So happy to see you here dear Paula.

My luggage did arrive last night at about midnight. Thank goodness! My luggage was completely ruined. Huge crack down the side. I'm just so glad that it was returned and I have my things and I'm going to leave it at that. I don't have the energy to file a claim.

Still dealing with the congestion and the cold but it's working its way through. Haven't felt 100% so really haven't done too much exercise. I do plan to go to yoga this morning. I also scheduled myself a massage so hopefully he can drain my head lol :-)

I too have not been pleased with some weight gain on the scale. I've been traveling so much and have had so much going on that I really have struggled. But here we are one foot in front of the other right? Hope everybody has a great Saturday. Attaching a few pictures from my Nova Scotia trip. It was really gorgeous....we went to a Nordic spa (amazing), multiple vineyards and an area called "Peggy's Cove". Just gorgeous lighthouse and rock formation. Love the whole trip up most importantly seeing my BFF :-)

Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    6/1 - 172.6
    10/13 - 180
    October goal - 175

dva0kplhpft8.jpg
    pnl8xjo2arng.jpg
    0wx3ypylgmm6.jpg
    b5k37zy5mduu.jpeg
    cw483uxqaw8t.jpg
    47y60jrhq3ld.jpg
    9fmb3uglkehc.jpg