WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @jugar - wow hat's off to you for the work in providing a well deserved family a safe place to live. That story gave me chills.

@eggfreak - so sorry for your loss. Would have been easy to finish the ice cream knowing you shared it with him. grief is a mixed-up emotion and not a straightforward process.

@bowens1973 and @ashleycarole86 have a great trip

Jamie Oliver is definitely a great pick for a chef to cook you a healthy meal. My other choice would be Ina Garten, love her relaxed spirit and she seems so friendly.

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, October 4th for miss @ashleycarole86 - 7,539 steps, 38 minutes of spin and bowling league in the evening.

@jugar - that is an incredible story about the family from Afghanistan! I'm so happy you finally get to meet them and love that you were able to help them make it safely out of the country. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

@wishfuljune - I hope you feel better soon!

@eggfreak - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a parent is hard! I lost my dad when I was 20. In June of that year he was perfectly healthy, in August found out he had extremely aggressive stage four lung cancer, and was gone in October. I started my relationship with alcohol as a coping mechanism when he died. I only shared this to let you know how proud I am that you dumped out the ice cream and wine. I know how hard it is to resist those types of comfort. <3
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,153 Member
    Options
    @jugar - may I take a pass for tomorrow? I’ve been feeling under the weather and official tested positive for COVID this morning.

Of course you get a pass - and I hope you recover quickly. Rest and take care :heart:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @bowens1973 that is a cute pup! I hope you and @ashleycarole86 have a great trip to Vegas!

@wishfuljune I hope you feel better soon!

I had a better day today, work has slightly improved. I feel like I was placed in the middle of a situation, but it's almost over. I had 3 crazy things happen that you just can't make up and for them all to happen in the same week was even crazier.

I went for a walk after work which helps decompress and I love the fresh air. It's amazing how much earlier the sun is setting though 😕 It's getting chillier in the mornings and I really dislike the cold! It's supposed to get in the low 40s F (I guess that's 4.44 C which sounds even colder!) this weekend. Brrr!

• jugar
    Options
    Oh @lauren_989 Bring on the cold! Send it here! We're finally getting some soon, but I cannot stand the heat.

OK, my little weather conniption is over... Weigh-in update time! The big Friday list is here :smiley:

@EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @Antonia2050
    @Pearl4686
    @leni1us
    and @conleywoods still to come for today.

Thanks!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 274.8
    CW: 275.6

Afraid I am contributing to the red this week, but I was actually very much relieved when I got on the scale this morning! I had a doc appt yesterday morning so I weighed in for that (same scale at home) and I was 280.5. ?! Weight can be crazy. I was fairly active yesterday with my workout challenge and going to a henna night party - there was a dancefloor and I got out there! Always burn more calories than you think dancing, in my opinion. So I guess I worked some off but the 280 could also just have been timing/water/etc.

So, I will take a .8 lb gain since this past week had a lot of eating out (work dinner Tues - wine and steak, a friend visiting all last weekend into Monday so brunch, leftovers, etc). All my events have finally come to an end and I am so looking forward to a peaceful and quiet October. Also trying to tell myself to read these posts each day so I stop falling behind!

@eggfreak so sorry for your loss Sylvia. The ice cream pic is a pretty powerful image! I admittedly have some leftover Haagen Daz in my freezer right now. Maybe I can find the motivation to dump mine and cheers to your dad. <3

@lauren_989 I am so with you on the work stress -> binge pipeline. A toxic job or two definitely contributed to where I am now, weight-wise and mentally. (I did get a new job this May that has been going so much better, phew). Hoping things clear up soon!

@wishfuljune feel better!! I had a nasty bout with covid in June, the cough was the worst part by far.

I am also in for Sober October but starting late - I don't drink very often but I did twice this week (wine on Tuesday with work dinner and 3 sips of champagne last night) and it just isn't productive. I will have a slightly earlier stopping point though as my birthday is Oct 30 and I will want to celebrate a little with a cocktail. So... Sober Oct 6-29! :D

@bowens1973 love that pic! you and ashley are still quite the success stories and inspiration for me!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Thursday, October 5th - 6,081 steps - I'm a little surprised I made my step count because I didn't do CrossFit yesterday, but I did make sure to do my morning walk and play the afternoon game of horse (basketball shooting game). I also took my mom to bingo last night which included more walking than I realize. Also, I won $50, so that was fun.

@kali225 - welcome to the Sober October ... 6-29!

@bowens1973 - great picture and cute dog! I hope you and Ashley have (are having?) a great time in Vegas!
  • Antonia2050
    Antonia2050 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Aloha Friday!!!!

CW: 215.
  • jugar
    Options
    WTG @Antonia2050 - a pound gone! You join the wonderful green squad of the week -
    @YinxFed
    @CarolAnnM2
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @eggfreak

Good job! I know there are always some on the ups and some on the downs, but let's celebrate where we can.
  • jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    I was able to sneak off work early today around 4:30pm and get in an hour of kayaking! I went to a launch point that I haven't been to before and the views + fall colors were STUNNING. I wish the cooler weather (which I LOVE and am SO ready for) didn't also herald the end of kayak season. I will try to go this Sunday and Monday weather permitting but that will likely be it for 2023. I saw 102 turtles over about 10 paddling sessions. :)
    fecm5emsislu.jpg

9d4zahateosv.jpg

gorgeous!
  • jugar
    edited October 2023
    Options
    OK folks - Time for Saturday weigh-ins coming up!
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359
    @IDebraK

and some Fridays yet to come in:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @Pearl4686
    @leni1us

Thanks!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar have a wonderful time.

I was so confused with days of the week that I weighed a day early and posted it. 174.2
This discussion has been closed.