WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
edited December 2023 in Social Groups
z0td7evxu2to.png
Here is your Team chat room for November 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The November challenge runs for 5 weeks, from October 19 - December 2. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Welcome to November 2023!

This is our home for the month, where all of our joys and challenges take place. Please (re)introduce yourselves and set some goals and daily actions for the month. Focus on the small every day choices, and you will get where you want to go!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @ashleycarole86. I live in rural Québec, and I'm a retired university professor of music. It was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise. As of October, I hit 11 years on maintenance, always refining and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and some who might be working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! When you post, put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink: The link and how-to info are under "Announcements" on the main F2F page. Or just jump to it:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mf3sUOmG-9OzyDY_GOof_5xfgBFCOfN0OXVKUfzrnU4/edit?usp=sharing

So everyone, tell us a bit about you, your goals, what steps you are going to work on. It's fun to know your name and where you live (if you're willing to share that), what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. Let the chatting roll!
  • Betsy___
    Betsy___ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m Betsy and for the first time in my life, I’m taking getting fit seriously. 🙂

I want to get to a weight that I’m happy with, get toned, and get strong. 💪
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Betsy___
    Those sound like great goals. What do you like to do for activity?
    We are looking forward to being part of your journey!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Ashley and I'm 37 years old (as of November 1!) and live just outside Calgary, Alberta with my husband, our dog Morgan, our two cats, and my mother and her dog in the basement. We all work full time in downtown Calgary.

I joined MFP again at an all-time high of 293 a few years ago and managed to lose 125+ pounds. A chunk of that has come back on over the last year and particularly since getting back from Brad's 50th birthday trip and then another portion here over the summer. I am still at the ~75 pounds lost mark but I definitely don't feel as good as I did when I was my low weight and I'd like to get back there.
    My main goals are the same - to stop any further gain (did not exceed at this in October), to get back in better bike shape for my next Gran Fondo in July of 2024, to enjoy healthy hobbies like soccer and snowshoeing throughout the winter, to limit alcohol intake, and to track my food. I also try to hit 10K steps or equivalent on our step team, which I run.

All existing members of the step team will port over to November with their same step pledge, so if anyone needs to make any changes from October, just let me know.
  • jugar
    Options
    The November Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to go for Sunday! Let's aspire and plan:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10902336/november-week-1-group-challenge-who-are-you-whats-your-plan#latest
  • Betsy___
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday, Oct 29
    PW (Previous Weight): 59 kgs
    CW (Current Weight): 58.7 kgs
  • jugar
    Options
    Betsy___ wrote: »

Great start! If you are comfortable doing so, let us know a bit more about you and your journey so far. Where do you live? (general is fine!) We have members from all over the place, so it is fun to know. If you want to see where everyone is from, and just keep track of trends in general, our team spreadsheet is a great place to visit. Go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HWUXVOSgemDbZlbiLR2dOS2ZD9DBETwpfzNa8XMyu34/edit?usp=sharing
    and at the bottom, choose WaistAways for our specific team stats. Our general team roster is there, and all the way to the right is the list of locations of members who have shared that. Below that are the step/exercise team stats, the maintenance members, support team members (taking a break from weekly weigh-ins but still part of the team), and anyone who gets dropped (always welcome back if they want!).

Obviously, I like the numbers :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    If you have not yet submitted your final weigh-in for October week 4 (due by end of day October 28) please go post them, preferable in the October thread, but here will do in a pinch...

Then let's start the new month! Sunday weigh-ins:
    @YinxFed
    @ashleykaykay93

Thanks!
  • Betsy___
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Betsy___ wrote: »

Great start! If you are comfortable doing so, let us know a bit more about you and your journey so far. Where do you live? (general is fine!) We have members from all over the place, so it is fun to know. If you want to see where everyone is from, and just keep track of trends in general, our team spreadsheet is a great place to visit. Go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HWUXVOSgemDbZlbiLR2dOS2ZD9DBETwpfzNa8XMyu34/edit?usp=sharing
    and at the bottom, choose WaistAways for our specific team stats. Our general team roster is there, and all the way to the right is the list of locations of members who have shared that. Below that are the step/exercise team stats, the maintenance members, support team members (taking a break from weekly weigh-ins but still part of the team), and anyone who gets dropped (always welcome back if they want!).

Obviously, I like the numbers :smiley:

Sure thing! I’m 42 and live in India. I started working out July of this year. It was grueling 😩 in the beginning. Couldn’t do my walks without panting by the end of it. 🤪 been keeping up with my daily routine and incrementally pushing myself. Now I’ve started running and am training to run a 10k next year. I feel so much better and have more energy these days.

Communities like this are a great source of motivation and helpful resources.

Have a great, energized November, everyone! 💪🏃‍♀️
  • jugar
    Options
    @Betsy___ Wonderful! We have not had a member living in India for a while. Whereabouts in India are you? I have been there 14 times back when I was working - it was for work, but I always tried to add on some time to just be there and spend time with some of the people I got to know. It would be quite a challenge getting used to the climate and all though - you sound like you are doing great.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

My name is Lauren and I am from North Carolina, USA. I have been trying to lose weight for most of my adult life. I have done a lot of the yo yo thing. I recently have gotten in a good habit of weight lifting (through a body pump class) 3 times a week, now I just need to focus on my eating habits.

My goal for November is to track my food (shocker) and increase my water. My goal is to drink 64 ounces a day, right now I'm lucky if I drink 32 ounces. How do you make sure you drink enough water?

One of my goals for last month was to get enough sleep. Well, the last 2 weeks I have done great! I keep my phone across the room on a dresser so I don't scroll for hours while laying in bed. Just from doing that, I have added about 1.5 hours of sleep at night!

I hope everyone has a great month! I hope to be slightly more active here this month, too.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 601 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Sunday: 3,430
    Monday: 5,077 + 60 min body pump class
    Tuesday: 3,707
    Wednesday: 5,808 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 2,816
    Friday: 4,347
    Saturday: 7,103 + 60 min body pump class

Another week where I hardly moved on days I didn't go to body pump class. I need to work on this, too.

@Betsy___ that is great you are training for a 10k! Are you using a specific program to train?
  • Beohbebewhy6630
    Beohbebewhy6630 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just copying/pasting my intro from yesterday.

Hello everyone! My name is Bobby and I am a travelling electrician. I am 43 years old. I am originally from Louisiana, moved to Arkansas, and am currently working in Texas. I am at an all time high in weight and it's really got me down. I'm at 268 now. I was on keto previously and had dropped down to below 200 for the first time since high school, and then Covid happened and shut the gyms down. Since then, I have traveled all over the country for my job, and it is extremely difficult to get back on track without meal planning and prepping. I eat out every single day. I also have been paying for a gym membership (and MFP) since 2020 and have not stepped one foot in since Covid. I think being a part of something bigger than just me will give me the motivation to get off the couch and get moving and start logging meals again. I wish everyone the best in this next challenge.

Cheers

Edit to add: I have started a low carb meal plan through MFP and plan on getting out a bit more with my dog Baxter. I have a physically demanding job, so I'm getting in plenty of steps and vigorous exercise. I just have an ice cream diet most days that I'm trying to get away from.
  • jugar
    Options
    Yep - it's a rainy day here in Massachusetts! I'm down for a quick trip to see my dad and step-mom, and enjoying way too much sitting.

WaistAways - we are doing the walk of shame. There were some good losses and some wonderfully successful individuals in October, but as a team, we gained weight during the month, especially in this past week. Let's get some serious plans in motion! Those of you in the USA are facing a big eating holiday later in the month, but that cannot drive the whole month, right?

Post your dreams and plans - and then get the daily habit tracker or some other tool revved up and stick to it. You know the drill! Consider me Sarge for the month. Knife hand at the ready. :lol:
    wj6a0g7rf1du.png
  • jugar
    Options
    I have started a low carb meal plan through MFP and plan on getting out a bit more with my dog Baxter. I have a physically demanding job, so I'm getting in plenty of steps and vigorous exercise. I just have an ice cream diet most days that I'm trying to get away from.
    Thumbs way up on the physically demanding job! Knife hand on the ice cream diet most days :open_mouth::lol: You have lots of company of ice cream lovers on this team. One recently went as far as to put some of it outside on the ground to get it out of the house and inedible. Be strong! Eat sour things when the craving comes on. Plan for what to do when you want ice cream - you've got this!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Friends!

PW - 184.5
    CW - 184.1

Just a smidge, but it's green so I'll take it!

Exercise and step statistics for the last 7 days:

Sunday 22nd October - 4335
    Monday 23rd - 2162 / 30mins Fitness Blender 30 Round 4 Day 19 - HIIT, Cardio & Lower Body Strength
    Tuesday 24th - 4506
    Wednesday 25th - 6742
    Thursday 26th - 4059 / 72mins Yoga
    Friday 27th - 2146 / 32mins FB30 R4 Day 20 - Arms, Chest & Shoulders
    Saturday 28th - 3098 / 30mins FB30 R4 Day 21 - HIIT, Cardio & Abs

Just two more FB30 workouts to do next week so I need to think of what I want my next challenge to be.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @lauren_989 I've been lazy about water consumption as of late - I'm someone who doesn't get enough if I don't count as I don't really intentionally drink it (oops) just reading your question has me up pouring a glass now. Thanks

@veronica1359 Thanks for the heads up. I'll take you off the step team until you tell me you want back on!

@Beohbebewhy6630 I think if I could start it over again I would have picked a physically active job. I think it's so smart to have activity baked into the thing we do all day almost every day!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

d1cgfdc7xgku.png
    quifqqcuo8gi.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    za1pv8st26h2.png

By Pounds
    zc2xcj1gdow8.png

Individual Results