Monthly Post for November 2023

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
November is here! Are we ready for the holidays?!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Sending thoughts and prayers to you and all teachers today, @KateNkognito!!

We had an uneventful Halloween with ZERO trick or treaters! Exactly as we expected. Have to say my Kale Soup with Sausage and White Beans was lovely and appreciated on the cooler night we had last night. :)

Today is another cool one but I didn't wear a jacket today as I walk in and out of the car and garage at work for a whopping two minutes each way. No big deal. Soon though! JACKET WEATHER!

Let me roll. Got to track down some payments on some invoices. Sigh... Have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    November is my favorite month and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! You get to be grateful and there's mashed potatoes. <3
    Today was... different. I think school should just be cancelled on the day after Halloween.
    @Meghan509 Good luck with the invoices. Soup sounds yummy! I am going to make a nice stew this week. I keep meaning to put it together so one of my family can start it for me.
    Have a lovely rest of the week! Tomorrow is Friday Eve!
  • Meghan509
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes, I love November too @KateNkognito and I am looking forward to cooking turkey for Thanksgiving!

COLD today! First day wearing a jacket in to work. Booo! When I left for work it was 30 degrees F! :o

Work is going well. A little less crazy then the last few weeks. Looking forward to this weekend. Going to go pick up some yummy stuff to make tonight.

Taking the whole week of Thanksgiving off! Also taking off from 12/20 through 1/1. Nothing planned but relaxing at home with the family and friends who want to stop by or get together. This will be the first year we are not getting on a plane to head down to Florida to see family for Christmas. I will miss the family and the warmer weather but I won't be missing the crazy airports and people!

Hope you have a good day and the kids are less crazy. LOL See you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I have no words for today. :s
    @Meghan509 it sounds like you have some lovely non-plans for the holidays. Glad work is calmer.
    This weekend is going to be lovely. I am very much looking forward to sleep, soup, more sleep, and clean laundry.
    Have a Fantastic Friday tomorrow!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Friday!!

BF's family is coming up this afternoon and staying through Sunday. I am ready. Stopped off at the market last night and picked up a bunch of food. The weather is supposed to be cool but sunny, which is good. Looking forward to showing them around lovely Connecticut. LOL

Sorry you had a crappy day @KateNkognito but the good news is today is Friday and you only have a few more hours until you get some peace and quiet. :)

Hope you have a good day today. Work is quiet here on my end, which is wonderful. LOL Hope it stays that way!

See you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    FINALLY FRIDAY! It was a looong day, but not too bad. I also got to make a good phone call home for a student.
    @Meghan509 Enjoy your weekend! Sounds like it will be a great one!
    I'm in my PJs and ready to pass out. We are dog sitting for the neighbor. He's a little Pomeranian and super sweet. Our dog is not as enthusiastic about it, but I enjoy having the little guy here. Have a good weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you had a great weekend, @KateNkognito!! That little doggie sounds sooo cute! Hope you enjoy. Too funny about your doggie. LOL :smile:

Talk about PJ's and ready to pass out! That was us last night. This silly one hour "fall back" business has us all confused and tired. LOL

We had my BF's family here for the weekend and we had A LOT of fun. We walked around a couple of cool historical sites around our city and they really enjoyed them. They took pictures of everything (including everything we ate!) and sent it back home via WhatsApp. Good times, good times.

Working remotely today as usual. Hoping for a slow and non stressful day today (so far so good)!

Have a great one and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I ended up sleeping about 30 hours this weekend! I feel so much better today!
    @Meghan509 Sounds like a lovely weekend! LOL about all the pictures!
    I am currently in bed snuggling with two puppers. :) It's a little chilly here, so the small dogs want my warmth. Have a lovely week!

• mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just joined the group today and joined MFP on Nov 1. I used MFP many years ago to lose over 100 lbs and now I'm back, needing to lose a lot again.

I've done 18:6 fasting for years and it's just become my lifestyle at this point, where I eat my first meal at noon and stop eating by 6pm. I used to do longer fasts as well but I'll need to slowly work up to that again.

It's really nice to be part of the group!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

First things first, welcome @mmatcha_latte! We are glad you have found out little corner of the world wide web!
    Yes, I love 18:6, it also works well for me! Been a heck of a last 12 months for me with a lot of back luck as well as ill and passing family members. :( Really need to get myself back to losing and not slacking. Almost there, just not quiet yet... Wishing you a great and successful journey!

@KateNkognito we are grateful that the family had such a nice time with us. They were going on to my BF's parents about it. <3 Such nice people. Glad you got to catch up on sleep!

Monday was a very slow day at the office which is nice. Today is not too bad. A lot of us came in late because of heavy heavy traffic today on the highway. There were THREE jack knifed tractor trailers this morning all on the northbound side of the highway between a 25 mile span. I go southbound to travel to work but there were so many people looking at all the drama on the northbound that it was a crap show. LOL The good news is I was still on time. ;) Leaving plenty of time makes me less stressed.

Not much else exciting here. Going to have lunch soon. Have a good day!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    First, welcome @mmatcha_latte! Glad you found out group! I mostly do 16:8/18:6, too. Depends on my schedule for the day. Hope you are as successful with your weight loss journey this time, as well!
    @Meghan509 That is some crazy stuff! Sometimes people are absolutely ridiculous when they drive!
    I had to stay home sick today and have already put in for a sub for tomorrow. Whatever child infected me can step on a Lego in soggy socks!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

I hope you feel better today @KateNkognito! I have a colleague of mine who is working from home because he got exposed to Covid-19 by his spouse. So far he is not sick and nobody else is around the office! Ugh.

Today's commute was a lot better! Yes, there was an accident right after I got on the highway, with *shocking* another tractor trailer and a car but it was not as bad as yesterday's drama. I see it all the time, people zip in and out and stop short right in front of those big trucks and they just cannot stop right away. So frustrating.

Quiet day at the office. Couple of people working remote. I love it when that happens!

Hope you have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Feeling better today. Going to make it in tomorrow, no matter what. Then Friday we have off for Veterans Day.
    @Meghan509 Glad all is quiet today! I hope the rest of the week stays that way.
    I let my youngest drive my car today. Hopefully it comes back in good shape. Have a great end of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Good, glad you are feeling better @KateNkognito! Happy to hear. Tomorrow we are open (as usual for most holidays) but it should be quiet. Been a quiet week which I LOVE!

Tonight I have a hair cut and highlights appointment at my hairdresser, after work. Hard to believe it has been eight weeks since I was last there. Time flies I tell ya.

Not much else going on here. Hoping to coast through the next two days in to the weekend. We are having friends over for dinner on Saturday PM. Looking forward to that.

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Friday! Hope you are enjoying your day off today, @KateNkognito! I notice very little noise on our road, due to school being close and no school buses running. I just love it when I hear the honking at 6:30am outside my window by the three way stop, of people being annoyed at the school bus and people not moving fast enough. LOL

Another quiet day at the office which is awesome. Working remote and looking out my window at the pretty leaves and colors.

Looking forward to tomorrow PM when we have company coming over for dinner. Sunday we will visit BF's parents and cousins visiting from out of the country one last time before they depart on Monday. Sheesh how quickly that went!

Hope you have a great day today and a nice weekend! See you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Yesterday was really nice. Did some family stuff together and got to sleep. Finally feeling much better!
    @mmatcha_latte I hope it's going well for you!
    @Meghan509 Have a wonderful weekend!
    This is me, off to the store and then cleaning the house. It got away from me this week!
  • mmatcha_latte
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

My husband and I live in a fairly small town so sometimes on Saturday we'll drive to one of the nearby larger cities and try a new restaurant or just walk around a bit in someplace new. Today we're planning to try a new Greek restaurant and I'm so excited bc our town doesn't have any Greek food at all! It's been quite a while since I've had an authentic gyro.

Since our lunch at the restaurant will be a bit heavy, I'm planning to make borscht for dinner and I've started roasting the beets and carrots already. I love having different soups frequently this time of year. Sometime next week I'll make vegetarian chili, once we eat the borscht down a bit.

Also I know it's only been around 2 weeks since I started back with MFP but I wanted to celebrate a little and ordered some new nail polish as a treat. I gave myself a manicure with this polish called "If frogs had wings" 😆

MYXJ-20231111094254958-fast.jpg
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Monday!!! The official "week before Thanksgiving" is here!

Yesterday we hugged my BF's relatives good bye and got teary... They had a great time in the USA and are heading back home tonight. We hope to get to Argentina next year and they also hope to come back here.

Glad you had a nice day off @KateNkognito and got your home stuff done! Since we had friends over for dinner on Saturday and visited family on Sunday we are behind on laundry. LOL The nice thing about working from home is being able to pop in a load or two. ;)

@mmatcha_latte the Greek food sounds amazing! Let us know how it was!
    LOVE your nails! Thanks for sharing that picture. I am terrible with my finger nails. Mine are all kept short and bare. Toes are another story! I love to paint them during the summer during flip flop season. :)
    Oh yes, we are in soup mode here too. I have a nice Rachael Ray recipe to share. See below. I make a few mods. To get the calories down a little I use Shady Brook Farms Italian sausage made with turkey. I omit the celery and carrot since I am not a huge fan. I use lower sodium chicken broth. I like Petite Diced Tomatoes. I buy the bag of kale ready to go at the grocery store. Basically toss all ingredients together and it is ready in 30 minutes. Makes six servings.

Hoping for a nice easy and quiet week before I am off ALL of next week! Can't wait!!

Hope you have a nice Monday and I will see you guys soon!

Kale with Sausage and Beans by Rachael Ray.

• 1 lb Sweet italian sausage with fennel
    • 1 15 ounce can Cannellini beans
    • 1 Carrot
    • 2 Celery, small ribs
    • 1 handful Flat-leaf parsley
    • 4 cloves Garlic
    • 1 Sweet Onion
    • 1 14 1/2 ounce can Tomatoes, with juice
    • 1 lb Tuscan kale
    • 4 cups Chicken stock
    • Dash of Salt and pepper
  • mmatcha_latte
    Options
    @Meghan509 Omg that recipe looks AMAZING! I'm definitely putting the ingredients on my next shopping list.

I'm planning to cook a homemade Thai curry for dinner to use up some odds and ends of veggies. I dunno how authentic it is but it's tasty! I don't really have a set recipe, I just sautee a chopped red bell pepper, minced garlic, and chopped onion in coconut oil then add 2-3 T curry paste (red, yellow, green, or a combo). I add one can of coconut milk and 1-2 cups of low sodium chicken broth then dump in chopped carrots, mushrooms, potato, tofu, frozen veggies, etc just whatever I need to use up. Let it simmer for a while then serve over jasmine rice 😊

I hope everyone has a great week!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mmatcha_latte I love your nails! And that sounds like a nice Saturday adventure. :) I can't use polish on my nails, I have to use the strips or acrylics. Now I feel the need to do mine when I get home. Maybe after I fold all the laundry!
    @Meghan509 I would LOVE to go to Argentina! I hope you get to go!
    I love soups this time of year! I recently figured out how to make the clear soup you get at the Japanese steakhouse. I am going to try making it over Thanksgiving break. If it turns out, I'll post the recipe.
    Have a lovely week!