Graves/Hyper and difficulty losing weight

Options
I know I know---it sounds like it doesn't even go together. Having HYPER thyroid and not being able to lose weight but even worse - continually gaining. My endocrinologist insists my levels are good and it is not my thyroid. Anyone else having or had this issue and have any good advice?
Tagged:

Replies

• titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I dont feel well unless my TSH is under 1.0. I am always a bit on the hyper side. I only lose weight if I exercise consistently and limit calories.
  • myrna125
    myrna125 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was first told I had hyperthyroidism, then told I had Hashimoto's (hypo), then after my 3rd lab results came back, I was told I have BOTH Graves (hyper) and Hashimoto's (hypo). I was told I pretty much have to wait it out and see which of the two wins out. Right now they are both cancelling each other out. So frustrating, as Dr doesn't give any feedback on weight. I am 50 years old. I will see a Dr this week about possible HRT. Maybe she can better address my struggle with weight loss.
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just FYI , i was unable to lose weight on synthroid, levoxyl, or levothyroid. Finally got Armour Thyroid and it made a HUGE difference in both losing weight and feeling better