December End The Year Strong 2023

Options
SherryRueter
SherryRueter Posts: 2,849 Member
DECEMBER -
The dreaded December hustle and all the stress that comes with the holidays.

December returns every year. If we desire a different outcome, we have to commit to changing how we navigate it.

Write your new Goals for the Month below:

Replies

• SherryRueter
    Options
    November 28th : Inspiration for you

I was listening to a Podcast (https://shorturl.at/hmNP9) Regarding the LOOP we get stuck in.
    *You are not special, we are all dealing with being stuck in a problem.
    You deal with it over and over again. Sometimes on a daily level. Sometimes on a Monthly level.
    Sometimes you have to pause and say, "Am I going to continue in this cycle over and over again, or am I going to stop and do something about this?"

You CAN go thru December like you have been. Repeating what you did last week, last month. And if that is WORKING for you, KEEP it UP! BUT If its NOT working for you. You're not progressing. Your unhappy with how you are executing your habits, your mindset is in the toilet. Then its time to make your December different.

The importance
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Goals December:

Wouldn't it be crazy cool If I ended December by accomplishing these goals:
    (Won't it be crazy cool WHEN I accomplish these goals by Dec. 31st )

[*] Have cut my weight to be 102.5
    [*] Do Single Leg deadlifts using a 60# DB
    [*] Do Lat pullovers using a 65# DB
    [*] Do Bicep Curls with good form using 20# DB
    [*] Add Core moves into my weekly routine
    [*] Eat 3 meals a day that satisfy me
    [*] Feel good in my skin because I am fueling my body properly
    [*] Practice self care: Nails done, a few new clothes, jewelry
    [*] Practice logging into the board daily for accountability
    [*] Practice meditation and self care daily.

SW: Somewhere around 109.
    Height: 5'1" (probably 5'0")
    Happiness level - today - 9/10
  • SherryRueter
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Accountability: 11/29/2023 - HIIT tabata workout - Max30 Max out power +10mins abs +10mins stretching

Break the habit
    Get out of the loop your in.
    Start to change directions and create a new path.

Tuesday 11/28 felt just about perfect for activity and food. I am going to continue to do the things that feed a positive mindset.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Accountability:
    11/30/2023 - P90X Chest and Back, added "jump rope" style between moves- great calorie burn
    Right shoulder /neck experiencing soreness starting last night around 4:30pm. It did not hurt when I did my push ups or pull ups.

11/29/2023 - HIIT tabata workout - Max30 Max out power +10mins abs +10mins stretching
    Nutrition Goal Progress:
    Daily Calories: 1800; (over) Target was 1300-1500.
    Protein goal met
    Fat goal met
    Steps met

Goals December:
    [*] Go to sleep peacefully and proud- instead of with a mindset that says how bad I was today
    [*] Feel proud of myself and happy in my body because I am fueling my body properly

SW: Somewhere around 109.
    Height: 5'1"

11/29 Day in review
    I re-listened to that podcast, and man... its hard to break out of a LOOP. Today was my daughters induction into NSLS and we took her out to eat afterwards. I was not hungry because, they had some bread at work and I ate way to much of it at lunch. Lunch - which I was not hungry for. And I ate, knowing full well that I was not hungry. And I ate until full. like a 8/10 maybe a 9

What I want to do in the future. When I practice "Stop. Breathe. What do I need" I want to ask myself. If I say YES to eating this (bread) what am I saying NO to?
    I said Yes to immediate gratification and the flavor (OMG so good)
    I said yes to comfort and using food to celebrate or calm my nerves
    I said No to losing weight. I said Yes to maintaining my current weight.
    I said NO to having foods that fuel me more. I said YES to a food that spikes my insulin.
    I said yes to having mood swings (because the insulin does that to me really easily)
    I said NO to sleeping more peacefully (not because I was over full = but because I beat myself up with self talk at night when I am not honoring my body and what it tells me. I said NO to extra self JOY. I said NO to being 100% proud of myself.

But, I am pleased that my body said, that's enough. I am full. We don't need anymore. We can just go on a walk. and I did. and I got in my steps. and my protein. and my water. and I didn't go WAAAAY over on food. I just chose a less healthy option for me. Baby steps sherry. baby steps.

"Am I going to continue in this cycle over and over again, or am I going to stop and do something about this?" I am going to do something about this. I do not want to repeat 11/29 again. It is NOT working for me.

Today I am making time so that December is different.

• SherryRueter
    edited December 2023
    Options
    11/30 Day in review

I re-listened to several podcasts and took an additional bike ride - which talked about goals and how you can achieve them if you just set your mind to it. Food felt ON POINT. I went to sleep happier than I did the night before.

I practiced - Stop BREATH - and If I say YES to this - what am I saying NO to?
    I said YES to 2 more pieces of rasin bread.
    I said Yes to immediate gratification and the flavor (OMG so good)
    But I also said YES to allowing myself to have ONE portion and be satisfied.
    I said NO to over eating it. I said no to going hog wild on it. I said yes to being mindful while I ate it.
    I said yes to getting in more water.
    I said yes to allowing myself the JOY of tasting it with awareness.
    100% proud of this!

I repeated that exercise on a couple other foods. I like the awareness so far.
    Baby steps sherry. baby steps.

repeating my OLD loop is NOT working for me. I am CHOOSING to not repeat that pattern today.
    12/1 /2023 - P90X PlyoX - what a great workout! ended with 10mins of ab work. Even feel like I am physically less bloated. Great calorie burn. I have this afternoon off. My shoulder doesnt' ache today. I think I will do legs tomorrow.

11/30/2023 - P90X Chest and Back, added "jump rope" style between moves- great calorie burn
    Right shoulder /neck experiencing soreness starting last night around 4:30pm. It did not hurt when I did my push ups or pull ups.
    Nutrition Goal Progress:
    Daily Calories: 1500; Target was 1300-1500.
    Protein goal short by 10-15g ☑
    Fat goal over by 10-15 grams ☑
    Steps 18000 ☑ - Christmas Decor!

11/29/2023 - HIIT tabata workout - Max30 Max out power +10mins abs +10mins stretching
    Nutrition Goal Progress:
    Protein goal met ☑
    Fat goal met ☑
    Steps met ☑

Goals December:
    [*] Go to sleep peacefully and proud- instead of with a mindset that says how bad I was today
    [*] Feel proud of myself and happy in my body because I am fueling my body properly

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    SherryRueter,

I read your posts today and I see your progression right here. You SHOULD BE 100 % proud of yourself, you are doing great.

I have to "talk" to myself. My mantra is, "OK, you've eaten all the calories your body needs to function today. " The rest is "So get out of the kitchen!"

I'm in awe of your weight lifting workout. I've been using 10's and 8 lb weights and recently upped them to 12 lbs. It is TOUGH. I salute you, you are one strong Lady!

Keep going, SherryRueter!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    My December Goal/s

2 strength workouts each week

Don't know exactly yet how the week of Christmas is going to play out, so for the moment I'm only going to commit to strength workouts.
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @AnnofB I am wary of the holiday feasting and splurging mentality as well. I will likely eat way too much. Im going to try and contain myself and allow myself to enjoy in moderation.

I have to remind myself that an exercise would take up the same amount of time as I waste sitting on my phone so I DO have time, I just lack the discipline to overcome my lack of energy.

My goals for December:
    Exercise 300minutes
    Run 15miles
    Drink 56oz daily
    Allow only one day over 2,000calories (christmas of course)
    Weigh 152lbs (CW 155lbs)
    Finish my degree
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Kitri2020 - ".... allow my self to enjoy in moderation." So key to getting through the holidays. :)

• SherryRueter
    Options
    So nice to meet you @AnnofB ! I LOVE love LOVE your Mantra. I have to write that down in my journal. I've eaten all the calories my body needs to function. SO GET out of the KITCHEN! " LOVE this.
    AnnofB wrote: »
    SherryRueter,

I have to "talk" to myself. My mantra is, "OK, you've eaten all the calories your body needs to function today. " The rest is "So get out of the kitchen!"
    Keep going, SherryRueter!

• SherryRueter
    Options
    12/02 & 12/03: Day in review

I re-listened to a December podcast again, reminding me that I desire to begin January in a better place than I began November. And in re-reading my last post I want to also remember " Goals 0 I WILL achieve them - I just need to set my mind to it. .
    Food Saturday felt like I was at the top end of my calories - I chose not to log or 'calculate' food for Saturday and Sunday as a mental break. I believe that for my mindset, that no logging or thinking about those details every now and again is super healthy. I went to sleep both nights feeling proud. And dare I say, that I feel hunger right now!!! (An amazing feat).

I was mindful a couple times about If I say YES to this - what am I saying NO to?
    I said YES to a 20min workout sunday at 4pm. It was a double(?) if you don't count that 45min walk... so I had already done a 45min weight lifting (back workout) and a walk. Anyway, thats more info than you need.
    I said YES to moving my body and making it feel good.
    I said YES to using some pent up energy by working out
    I said NO to using pent up energy on food
    I said YES to being in a happier joyful mood because I moved my body
    I said NO to feeling down, depressed, guilty that I didn't take time to do some cardio.
    I also said YES to reading a novel/ book. That was SO nice!

100% proud of my Sunday and Saturday. but not enough to do a weigh in.
    12/03/2023 - Took the morning to make french toast and overloaded on carbs (good time of day to do that I guess). Went to church then then GYM for Back work. Calorie burn just at 200 ish. Ick. So I told myself I would do a 30min workout in the afternoon. I opted for 20mins on the elliptical, but prince charming and I also did a 40 min Lake walk (60 degrees outside. YUM). Food felt on point- No food after 7pm worked this weekend. I am going to keep that up. I do need to put a DINNER and DONE rule in place. Because I sometimes (recently all the time) just graze until 7pm. NOT ideal.
    MAJOR accomplishment - 60# PULL OVERS!!

12/02/2023 - Legs and Back P90X. Used a few SLDL moves instead of body weight. Worked on going heavier and made it to 60# SLDL for 12 Reps. Felt so empowering. Also I felt that my pull ups are getting easier. I decided to use 10-12 reps (assisted) as my range, Last time I only did 10. Calorie burn on apple watch was over 2000 for the day.

12/1 /2023 - P90X PlyoX - what a great workout! ended with 10mins of ab work. Even feel like I am physically less bloated. Great calorie burn. I have this afternoon off. My shoulder doesnt' ache today. I think I will do legs tomorrow.

Nutrition Goal Progress:

Nutrition Goal Progress:
    Protein goal met ☑
    Fat goal met ☑
    Steps met ☑

Goals December:
    [*

repeating my OLD loop is NOT working for me. I am CHOOSING to not repeat that pattern today.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Shoutouts:
    @AnnofB Sounds like you are busy this month. family ? or Work obligations?

@Kitri2020 - what's your degree in? You mentioned having time but wasting it on your phone. Last night while talking on the phone to my mother (for frame of reference shes 77yrs I am 52yr.) I put my aerobics step in the middle of the room and just marched up and down- rather leisurely - but still, after 30mins, that's a lot of extra activity. So, even walking in place, or pacing in the house while on the phone could be an option.

For me, its not BEATING my self up and having guilt and shame when I allow myself in moderation. Thus why I didn't track Saturday or Sunday - so I could have a few tuffles and not freak out.
  • SherryRueter
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I LOVE this Episode

Addressing recurring patterns in our lives, specifically:
    [*] The dreaded December hustle
    [*] the stress that comes with Holidays.
    [*} the burn out loop we get stuck in & getting out of it

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7mJaeKvKo80kDmvqdANNHe
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @SherryRueter I am about to graduate with a bachelors in accounting! Im going to stay home with my little one at least until she’s a year old and then get out there in the field again.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @SherryRueter Thanks for your kind words. :)

Good idea, having some no pressure days, especially this time of the year. I think you handled the weekend very well. Love "Repeating my OLD loop is NOT working for me. I am CHOOSING to not repeat that pattern today. "

Luckily I'm retired, so it's a matter of friends and family this month.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @Kitri2020 Oh how nice! They are so precious the first few years.
    and an Accounting degree (#Wonderful, such an accomplishment to be proud of). That should land you several opportunities! When I returned to the workforce after my first born, I was able to go back part time - which was SO nice. It saved on Daycare, and I still worked 20-30 hours. My BA is in Computer science. So I've been programming for Citibank (back in the day I did). Presently I'm working in an IT department doing HelpDesk, as I was SOOO tired of being the software developer.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    @AnnofB - Ahhh... I'm 52yr. Not quite retired. Tired sometimes though. hahaha. We seem to be located roughly 8-13hours from Family. However I do have some friends and gatherings we will go to this December.

Reminders of mantras I've recieved today:
    1) Repeating my OLD loop is NOT working for me. I am CHOOSING to not repeat that pattern today.
    2) I've eaten the food planned for today, which is enough to sustain me. SO GET OUT of the KITCHEN. <3 I like this one <3
    3) Be intentional with your inner monologue - nipping the negativity in the bud 🛑 This takes as much (if not more) practice, effort, and consistency as physical fitness does.
    4) Get into the right mindset - and you become invincible
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    12/4 Day in review:
    Chest day - Nice workout.
    Food - ate on plan and in calories/protein forward. Enjoyed.
    Also found time to do some elliptical and take a few walks.
    Did dinner and done. Feels SO good to say that.
    Slept peacefully and proud because I stayed true to my self, my goals, my plan.
    Hubby is no longer feeling sick from this sinus/strep throat thing. I am so thankful that I didn't catch it. I also need to research how to cook the 2 turkey legs I bought, so they can be made for dinner tonight or tomorrow.

12/04/2023 - LIIFTMORE Chest day + Max 30 Tabata Strength. Also found 30mins of Elliptical time.
    I did core (feeling it on Tues. !). and I stuck to my food plan/calories. I need to continue that streak. This morning(12/5) I weighed in at 109.4 this is 5#more than I would like to see - I know my jean would fit just a little looser if I could find the method to lose them - however -
    I am
    [*] lifting heavier
    [*] BInging less
    [*] eating less sugar
    [*] having more whole foods
    [*] eating higher protein

12/03/2023 - Took the morning to make french toast and overloaded on carbs (good time of day to do that I guess). Went to church then then GYM for Back work. Calorie burn just at 200 ish. Ick. So I told myself I would do a 30min workout in the afternoon. I opted for 20mins on the elliptical, but prince charming and I also did a 40 min Lake walk (60 degrees outside. YUM). Food felt on point- No food after 7pm worked this weekend. I am going to keep that up. I do need to put a DINNER and DONE rule in place. Because I sometimes (recently all the time) just graze until 7pm. NOT ideal.

12/02/2023 - Legs and Back P90X. Used a few SLDL moves instead of body weight. Worked on going heavier and made it to 60# SLDL for 12 Reps. Felt so empowering. Also I felt that my pull ups are getting easier. I decided to use 10-12 reps (assisted) as my range, Last time I only did 10. Calorie burn on apple watch was over 2000 for the day.

Nutrition Goal Progress:

Nutrition Goal Progress:
    Protein goal met ☑
    Fat goal met ☑
    Steps met ☑

Goals December:
    [*] Go to sleep peacefully and proud- instead of with a mindset that says how bad I was today: 3*4
    [*] Have cut my weight to be 102.5 105.0 (12/5-109.4)
    [*] Add Core moves into my weekly routine 3*4*5
    [*] Eat 3 meals a day that satisfy me 3*4
    [*] Feel proud of myself and happy in my body because I am fueling my body properly 3*4
    [*] Practice logging into the board daily for accountability 1*2*4
    [*] Practice meditation and self care daily. 1*2*3*4
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    12/05 Day in review:

Leg day workout. LiiftMore SB. and some of mine from BFIT with Breanne Freeman. Great workout. Also was able to get in 27mins of elliptical and almost 13000 steps.

Foodwise, Stuck to plan 94% . Added a little 4pm pick me up (totally not required) and had extra snack after supper - cereal and oil - SO yummy but, like one friend said, "eat a banana". If you're not hungry enough to grab the banana, then you're not actually hungry. Find something else to do.

Als0 - need to remember 2 things
    "You have eaten your calories for today so GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN"
    and
    "If you say YES to cereal, what are you saying NO to?"

This morning weigh in, down 1# from yesterday. loved seeing that. Obviously the food sat/sun helped retain water. Or the cardio.

Daily Calories:
    1500-1800; (over) Target was 1300-1500.
    Protein goal met ☑
    Steps met ☑
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    12/07: day in review
    this was a messed up day. I wanted cake for breakfast and that led to the entire day being filled with cake, cookies, coke and candy. Literally i ate like crap. all. day. Never to a 10 or beyond, but always at a 7-8. And i did not go to sleep proud.

I would like to say today is a day 1 for me. To do a 14days of no sugar. which will be no coffee. and soda. It not that I want to be drastic. Its just that lately, one bite is like offering an ex-smoker a cigarette. I need more and more and get hooked.

I did ask my self If you say YES to this cake and cookies what are you saying no to? I'm saying no to losing weight for a few more days and saying yes to a guilty pleasure.
    12/05 Day in review:

Leg day workout. LiiftMore SB. and some of mine from BFIT with Breanne Freeman. Great workout. Also was able to get in 27mins of elliptical and almost 13000 steps.

Foodwise, Stuck to plan 94% . Added a little 4pm pick me up (totally not required) and had extra snack after supper - cereal and oil - SO yummy but, like one friend said, "eat a banana". If you're not hungry enough to grab the banana, then you're not actually hungry. Find something else to do.

Als0 - need to remember 2 things
    "You have eaten your calories for today so GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN"
    and
    "If you say YES to cereal, what are you saying NO to?"

This morning weigh in, down 1# from yesterday. loved seeing that. Obviously the food sat/sun helped retain water. Or the cardio.

Daily Calories:
    1500-1800; (over) Target was 1300-1500.
    Protein goal met ☑
    Steps met ☑
    12/04/2023 - LIIFTMORE Chest day + Max 30 Tabata Strength. Also found 30mins of Elliptical time.
    I did core (feeling it on Tues. !). and I stuck to my food plan/calories. I need to continue that streak. This morning(12/5) I weighed in at 109.4 this is 5#more than I would like to see - I know my jean would fit just a little looser if I could find the method to lose them - however -
    I am
    [*] lifting heavier
    [*] BInging less
    [*] eating less sugar
    [*] having more whole foods
    [*] eating higher protein

Nutrition Goal Progress:

Nutrition Goal Progress:
    Protein goal met ☑
    Fat goal met ☑
    Steps met ☑

Goals December:
    [*] Go to sleep peacefully and proud- instead of with a mindset that says how bad I was today: 3*4
    [*] Have cut my weight to be 102.5 105.0 (12/5-109.4)
    [*] Add Core moves into my weekly routine 3*4*5
    [*] Eat 3 meals a day that satisfy me 3*4
    [*] Feel proud of myself and happy in my body because I am fueling my body properly 3*4
    [*] Practice logging into the board daily for accountability 1*2*4
    [*] Practice meditation and self care daily. 1*2*3*4
    [/quote]