Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    Let's welcome @TeresaW2024 ! Welcome, Teresa! So glad you joined us.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    *grumps* I'm pretty sure my metabolism doesn't match what MFP is showing. I ate a slice of pie last night and somehow gained 2 lb. overnight! It's a little frustrating. I guess I'll see how it turns out on weigh in day.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm going to weigh-in early since I will absolutely forget to do so tomorrow; it's a busy day for me.

bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 263
    CW - 263

This month has been an incredibly busy for me but I've already started keeping track and walking in place at work.
  • morenin
    Options
    I forgot to answer you, @Katmary71. I'm a book nerd, and I especially love fantasy. I made my user name from Tolkein's Sindarin elven language. Means "born of darkness", for a story I was trying to write forever ago. Oddly, it's apparently close to a common Spanish nickname for dark haired men. I had no idea when I started using it, I speak maybe 10 words of Spanish!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ... another new member joining your awesome team ...Please welcome @tylaK2015 :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    morenin wrote: »
    I forgot to answer you, @Katmary71. I'm a book nerd, and I especially love fantasy. I made my user name from Tolkein's Sindarin elven language. Means "born of darkness", for a story I was trying to write forever ago. Oddly, it's apparently close to a common Spanish nickname for dark haired men. I had no idea when I started using it, I speak maybe 10 words of Spanish!

If I could my two cents worth in, I thought it was a play on the word morning....mornin......more nin....morenin.
  • morenin
    Options
    Welcome, @tylaK2015!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! @DebJB30 and @txcritter69 I need your weigh-ins from Sunday.

@Veta2018 @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld Your weigh-ins are tomorrow, good luck!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks! I love carrots in hummus, it's Trader Joe's colorful carrots (white, orange, purple) with their Mediterranean hummus. I have had buckwheat and like it. Yum that sounds really good!

@TeresaW2024 I'm so happy to see you back, yay I've missed you! I hadn't realized you were going off MFP or I would've gotten your contact info. Huge hug! Things sound like they've been real hard, I can see how you've gained back after all that's been going on. I'm so sorry to hear how your husband is doing. I think focusing on you and your health is a great idea both to help you cope with all the stress you're under and to improve your health. I swore I'd never wear WomanWithin clothes ever again but have gotten close a few times! Let us know if there's anything we can do to support you, so happy you're here! I'm coming up on 6 years in the group and you've been here for most of it.

@morenin You can definitely hold on to extra weight from eating more and/or sodium, hang in there and see how it is tomorrow and drink a lot of water today.

@bethanie0825 Great job on getting in exercise at work, thank you for posting your weigh in.

@morenin Your story about your name is way cooler than being a Nine Inch Nails fan! I've never read Tolkein but have seen The Lord of the Rings series. We just watched the first Percy Jackson and the Olympians (think I mentioned it already?) on Disney + and I loved it so placed a hold on the first, it's 14 weeks out! I've read some fantasy but it was more on the urban fantasy side.

@tylaK2015 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

Hi friends! I'm listening to a micro current podcast then have a board meeting at 6 so I'm multitasking away. I just chipped one of my brand new plates, I found a piece of it which will help the outline of black but will need to touch it up somehow. Did my workout this morning, met a friend for coffee, and cleaned up my garden a bit. I watched all of 1923 (I called it 1924 last night, sound just like my Mom these days geez) yesterday and am trying to watch all I can so I can cancel Paramount before it goes up. Annoying having to stream stuff and having all the good shows scattered all over. I'm having green beans and sausage again for dinner and had carrots with hummus again at lunch. I started making split pea soup to use up ham and had only half a cup of yellow split peas so I put the ham in the freezer. Have a great Friday!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 253
    CW: 255
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hiiiieeeeee @TeresaW2024 ! Great to see you, I've missed you too. So sorry to hear about your DH, and everything else and the weight gain. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you again.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 179.2
    CW: 181.9

+2.7

:(
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 and @Cornanda Thank you for the welcome back! I have missed you both and thought of you often. I am excited to be reunited! <3

Good morning! I need to do a quick check-in because today my niece is at the hospital getting ready to have her fourth baby. A little boy! I have her other three kids here with me. Two girls (6 and 3) and her oldest son who is 10. We are all very excited! I’m working on my goals for next month. I’m going to start a new weightlifting program that will kick my butt for sure. I am also starting a no-sugar challenge. I tried the challenge a couple of years ago but failed quickly. I don’t plan to fail this time!! :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 237.8
    CW: 239.0

+ 1.2 :(
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 I'm glad you made the decision to come back. It's been a minute since you were here! :D I'm so very sorry for the gain and all that has been happening with dear Joe. It sounds like a lot to deal with and it's not surprising that you gained considering all of that. HUGS dear friend and welcome back!!! And I see you posted after I just posted my weight so...I hope the baby comes smoothly. You got this!

@morenin The scale is definitely fickle. You may sneeze and lose those two pounds, you never know...sorry for the gain! That's cool you are a book nerd. I am as well, I am also a professional book nerd (aka librarian!) so if you ever want to talk books, @Katmary71 and I are there for it as are some of the other people in this group!

@bethanie0825 It sounds like you have a plan in place, that's great.

@tylaK2015 Yay and welcome!!! :D

@Katmary71 Do you literally make hummus with the carrots or are you talking about dipping them in the hummus? I'm sorry, I'm not too bright this morning lol. That's too bad about your new plates. I once bought some expensive plates and they chipped very easily and it made me so mad. It is annoying for things to be scattered all over!

Hi all. I will be one of two people on the clock today (the other is our director) and we are both working from home so hopefully I won't hear from him and I can relax a bit lol. I need to come up with a phrase for 2024. Is anyone else going to come up with a phrase for the year?

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    The January 2024 team chat is open! Go post your introductions, intentions, goals, and ideas:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905929/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-january-2024/p1?new=1

Post weigh-ins here through Saturday, and then January begins a day early on Sunday!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

alrl8tdo1ohs.jpeg

Can’t believe this year is almost over! Was a good crazy year but ready for 2024 to see what it brings! What’s everyone’s plans and aspirations for the new year?

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Missy
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 152 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 151 lbs.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • gemwolf110