Dashing through December

Options
Mihani
Mihani Posts: 3,897 Member
Hi All, getting a late start for December and a late start to the day! Thought I'd get December up and running before I head to the office.

Replies

• Mihani
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I have to go to the office today and tomorrow since my boss is off Tuesday for another of his fabulous trips and we have a bunch to make sure gets done before he takes off.

The session with the personal trainer on Thursday was great!!! I loved it. She's a very nice and energetic young gal, but not too bubbly. I can only take bubbly in small doses. LOL

We did some core exercises plus upper and lower body work with machines, dumbbells and bands, and she showed me some great exercises for my back when it was complaining which helped a lot. I have 3 more sessions in the package I purchased so we're getting together again on Tuesday. I think I'll meet with her the 4 times then work out on my own for a month or so, then purchase another package once I feel like I'm ready to progress.

I was anxious going in for the first time, but I went early and did a few laps on the track around the fitness floor to kind of take the edge off. Once we got started I didn't notice the other people, and they probably didn't notice the "old lady" struggling on the last set of chest presses either. Admit that my quads are screaming this morning. Ouch!

Stopped at the store last night and got stuff to make a big batch of greens and beans with onion and mushrooms. Will make that and a grain, probably quinoa or farro. That will cover dinners through Tuesday and then I'll figure out the rest of the week. Breakfast will be smoothie or oats, and lunch will be soup or a veggie wrap. Snacks raw veggies or fruit.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    ph7z33h00x4c.jpg
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,770 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Thanks so much for getting us underway...love the name, Mihani!

Your trainer sounds wonderful...love the plan you have...you will be getting your money's worth doing it that way. It's a super way to end the year and start a new one!

Carla, your tree is beautiful...turned out gorgeous.

I am finally in the 140s...was still there today! LOL I have gotten into the 140s before, but did not stay there.

Aug 8: 154.6
    Sept 1: 152.4
    Oct 1: 150.2
    Nov 1: 150.0
    DEC 1: 148.8

My routine, lately, is to up my green juicing. I just made three quarts of Joe's Mean Green (Joe Cross, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead on Youtube)...and I made a few quarts of brothy, tomato based, veggie soup...carrots/celery/onions/corn/cabbage.

Black coffee

Ninja Creami for dessert
    Tomorrow, I will make some carrot/apple juice.
    6g93t1bk9zww.png

That's all the news I have. Continuing to live life deeeeeeee liciously!

• Mihani
    Options
    Mornin' All

Nanc, YAY for 140's!!!!!! You've been really consistent for a while now and it has paid off. So happy for you. :)

Quads feeling much better this morning so got treadmill done. I've mentioned my step goal is only 5,000 per day. It is attainable with a sedentary job and I don't feel like a failure every day trying for 7,500. I can get half my steps in before my first cup of coffee if I treadmill in the morning, and I'm averaging closer to 6,000 per day now. As I claw my way back into regular fitness maybe I will up the goal at some point but not yet.

Should be able to make it to the office by 9 am and will plan on getting out of there at 2:00. I still need to do laundry and cooking. Can't let all those lovely greens go to waste.

Plan for today...
    B - smoothie
    L - atoria wrap with lettuce and cabbage slaw mix, good foods cilantro dip
    D - greens and beans with onions and mushrooms
    S - fruit and nuts/seeds

• magic71755
    edited December 2023
    Options
    WHERE are you finding ATORIA wraps. They stopped carrying them at Sprouts. Trader Joe's are good but twice the calories. And I loved Atoria. They do have them on Amazon.

I know what you mean about wasting greens...I have done that so many times. I bought the ingredients for the juice, early yesterday morning and made it in late afternoon, after a nap. Nothing went to waste.

Need to make the carrot apple today...then I should be set for the week.

today, laundry and cleaning...joining you, Mihani.

bean burrito for breakfast
    black coffee
    32 oz joe's mean green juice
    last of my gardein burgers
    soup
    ninja creami

living life deeeeeeeeeeliciously!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Congrats getting into the 140s, Nanc!

Great news about the new gym, trainer and back exercises, Mihani. I hope Tuesday goes just as well. It sounds like you'll get great variety there.

Our kitchen is staying clean since we've been on this meal plan. I either run the dishwasher on the half load setting or just wash what we have by hand. So far on our "off" day, we have picked up Thai takeout which has been nice but next week we're going to make our garbanzo bean curry or spaghetti and freeze the remainder for the following week.

Yesterday I was pretty sore and ended up on the treadmill for a change. I still couldn't stay entirely away from the VR headset because it is too darn fun but I didn't do the boxing which is the most intense.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    2cs3l81upybs.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Nanc, they carry them at my nearby Fresh Thyme. I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Carla, what are you eating for other meals? I love that you are having so much fun with your workouts!

Laundry is in the dryer and I'm getting ready to cook up the beans and greens. Feeling pretty good about what we've accomplished getting ready for the boss to take off. Hopefully I can do some catching up on other things while he's out of my hair. Feeling very energetic today for a change.

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 973 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    December already!

Congratulations on 140’s Nanc…you are a rock star! Slow but steady and you did it without the expensive drugs.

Mihani - the training plan sounds great! Good for you getting back into it.

Carla - what a great exercise you have found.

I have been feeling sluggish and stressed about this trip right before Xmas. Buster left yesterday with Mark, my widowed friend who went to Nepal for a month. I gave him a good grooming the day before. He loves to be groomed. He was happy to be here and he was happy to leave.

I have been eating things like pumpkin waffles and chips. Haven’t gained weight but definitely stalled my weight loss. I found a good gluten free wrap that I am going to make veggie and garbanzo bean wraps with. I have had a hard time swimming as the pool temp is 76*! We leave in 9 days for our trip and I am not ready as I have to get everything made, shop and wrapped before we leave for Xmas.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hope you get some time to relax before you take off, Bisky. Pumpkin waffles sound really good!

Today was crazy but the boss is off tomorrow morning for his trip and I'll have a week to do some catching up, I hope. Tomorrow is my 2nd session with the personal trainer. My legs are almost back to normal so I guess it's time to beat them up again!

Way overslept this morning so no treadmill. I will get my mile in this evening but I was running around a lot at work and nearly at my step goal. I just like to get that focused mile done.

My greens and beans turned out great. I used collards, purple kale, mushrooms, onions, black eyed peas and chickpeas. I think the spices were garlic, cumin, paprika, coriander and cayenne, plus no salt seasoning and pepper. Might have been one other spice in there can't remember now. Made some couscous and took a container of everything to work for lunch. Should last through 3 more days might want to freeze some.

• magic71755
    edited December 2023
    Options
    m4re0ino8opi.png

Bisky, thank you! Could you remind me where you are going on your trip?

Good luck with the trainer, Mihani! This is some serious stuff. Very exciting.

Ok, today I hit 147. I am so happy because I have been working very hard. I am juicing and eating. Today my menu is...

black coffee
    bean burrito
    homemade veggie/cabbage soup
    ninja creami
    maybe some crunch master crackers

juice: 32 oz Joe's Mean Green
    16 oz carrot/apple

We are celebrating my niece's 40th on New Year's Eve this year...(oy vey, another restaurant to figure out)...and I want to wear my DG2 (HSN) Jeans. I have been wearing Susan Grave (QVC) non-fitted black slip-on slacks forever...(I have six pairs)...and a variety of tops ...everything washes and hangs to dry.

This past Friday, I wore a grey pair of DG2 jeans...and it felt so good. But I have a black pair that are soooooooooo cute...and I want them to fit nicely for the big occasion. So, I have seven pounds to go... the ultimate goal of 135...but I would love to be 140 for the celebration.

Anyway, that's it from here. Hope everyone has a great day...make it deeeelicious, won't you.
  • bisky
    Options
    Mihani - Your greens sound delicious! Your training is amazing during this season.

Magic - Yay 147! That rocks and I am sure you are rocking those jeans. We are flying into Switzerland and taking a cruise up the Rhine river through Switzerland, France, Germany and ending in Amsterdam. It was another couple who invited us. They had done this trip before. We signed up for it a year in advance. During this time the European Xmas markets will be in full swing.

I continue to be a wimp swimming in colder water. Switching to Peleton. Our grocery store FINALLY has Snapdragon apples! I cut one up first thing in am and graze on it all day. Really helps me to avoid snacking on sugary junk food. Back to some card making.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    bbxib9xwt59c.jpg
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Donna, that sounds like an amazing cruise. It must be enjoyable if your friends are choosing to do the same trip a 2nd time. I love the idea of the European Christmas markets.

There's something about putting on a great pair of jeans. And in a smaller size. Enjoy, Nanc, you deserve it after all of your hard work and dedication.

I had to take a rest day yesterday and decided to take it easy today. I played some Beat Saber (swinging light sabers at targets to the beat of music) which got my heart rate up a bit but wasn't overly taxing. My fitbit counted it as 2500 steps and apparently I spent 30 minutes at it which is funny because it felt like 10 minutes. I'll probably end up doing that again later today if my body doesn't complain.

Yesterday I had 2 homemade pumpkin spice muffins for breakfast, and kettle corn as a snack, followed by the lentil and bean chili with a corn bread muffin.

Today:
    coffee
    smoothie with blueberries and a little bit of leftover mango
    snack: honeycrisp apple
    dinner: one of swedish meatballs, tofu tacos, or curry
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all... had another great session with the personal trainer. The half hour goes by SO fast. We did all dumbbells and bands today so she could show me some things I can do at home. Back at it Friday and we'll use the machines again. My quads lit up immediately so I guess I'm not completely over being sore from the last workout but it wasn't too bad. Hope I still think that in the morning. LOL

I averaged over 6000 steps per day last week. Really happy that I've managed to get back into that morning walk habit. I missed a couple mornings but forced myself to do it in the evening. It's much easier to get motivated first thing. I'm not awake enough to make excuses.

Yay, Nanc! You are really rocking December! I have several pairs of jeans I want to wear again and hope I will be in them by my birthday end of February.

Bisky, that trip sounds amazing! How are you doing with getting all your stuff done before you leave?

Carla, I'm so excited for you finding that VR workout and enjoying it so much. Still jealous of your plantage meals.

Off to do a couple chores and get to bed.

• Carla_wfpb
    Options
    We had tacos last night. Fantastic flavors. Pico de gallo was great and guess what? They included a bunch of pickled red onions. Fabulous in those tacos and Joe doesn't like them so I got a double serving.

The in-laws had the swedish meatballs last night and didn't care for them. I am not surprised but still disappointed. If they can't enjoy these meals then I don't see them ever getting on board with healthy eating because it just doesn't get any tastier than this. (that said the meatballs might just suck, we haven't had them yet haha)

Got in some VR Flo and Boxing and worked up a huge sweat. I was all done with the Flo workout and accidentally pushed a button and started a boxing workout. the tunes were right up my alley and I had to keep going.

Breakfast: smoothie
    Snack: apple w/ peanut butter
    dinner: tacos with charro beans

• bisky
    Options
    Down 70 lbs today. 30 more to go and then figuring out maintenance. Carbs and sweets are a slippery slope for me.

Carla your meals sound great. I am still into buying most of my veggies cut up.

Mihani the training sounds very positive for you!

sbjfkh2pgwcd.jpeg
    Sunset on base last night while walking the track.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    gsae73z3x2xr.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Too bad the in-laws didn't enjoy the meal, Carla. Maybe they will like some of the others. I made pickled onions this week to add to my wraps. You are a maniac working out now! Yay you!

And guess what? I found a place that does WFPBNO fresh food and it is literally minutes from my house!!! I stopped and they have meal plans but also a lot of grab and go items. Like at least 20 different things from entrees to various bean or veggie salads to soups. I don't know why it never popped on my searches before but there it was this morning. They have been operating for about 6 months and I had no idea although I do stop in at that store now and then. I don't think I ever went over to that section since this place opened because it was always kind of a deli/carryout area and after trying a few of their items I didn't like them so I never paid attention that it had changed. Silly me. The owner was really fun and excited to show me everything.

Bisky, lovely view for your walk. Yay for you 70 pounds! Woohoo!!!

Oh, and my legs were fine today. Whew.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Wow, so much energy and great reports on the board!

Love everything...more later...going in early today...so much work all of a sudden.

The 147 was fleeting...but that is weight loss...not linear, so I expect it to get back down again...as long as I do not stress about it. I am definitely out of the 150s, however.

Keep up the great work everyone! I see you all ARE making it deeeeeeeeeeeeellcious! Carry on!