Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW: 256.4
    CW: 252.4 (loss 4 lbs)

Wow! Great week Megan. Is there anything in particular you did which contributed to such a successful week?

Thanks....I wasn't very hungry this week....and I weighed every morsel that went into my mouth

I know weighing food is key. I slack off on this at times and have to remind myself to use my food scale.
    liketoyak wrote: »
    Friday Weigh in
    PW: 292.9
    CW: 293.3

I had a good week so not sure what happened on the scale. Thinking it was my salty treat I had on Thursday night. Loss coming again next week.

Looking for some higher protein lunch ideas. I've had a cottage cheese veggie "salad" and greek yogurt with fruit. Any yummy suggestions? Not too worried about carbohydrates at this point. is this the right place to ask?

A salty treat is probably the culprit. I know it shows up for me on the scales every time. I am terrible with lunches. I bought all the makings of a protein shake I like. I have that and a piece of fruit some days. I do have a salmon sandwich with a piece of fruit sometimes. And yes this is the place to ask.
    itladyee wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that it was 4 years yesterday I started my weight loss journey. I have been on them before but never lasted this long. Lots of ups and downs but glad I stuck with it. After my appointment with my family doctor I decided to move into maintenance. She understands the nausea is contributing to the losses and that I may lose more until it stops. So officially my maintenance range will be 147 to 153. So I have lost just over 111 pounds. I seem to learn something new everyday about how to deal with the ups and downs of weight loss. Now I need to learn about navigating maintenance.

Congratulations! Welcome to a whole new world! You got this!

Thank you!
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    ilive2walk
    PW: 162.2
    CW: 160.6

Congrats on the loss! And to do this while travelling is amazing.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question:

@liketoyak is looking for lunch ideas. Please give them some suggestions.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 9,865
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk: 2/3
    Swim: 3/2

I have decided to do some walking today. It’s important I keep doing these to improve my walking. I changed my calorie goal to maintenance yesterday and was shocked that it has gone down to 1560 calories compared to 1640 when I was initially going to start. I weigh about 11 pounds less.

Make this last day of the January challenge count! Have a great day.

• rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ilive2walk

Great loss!
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Saturday weigh in
    PW: 197.2
    CW: 195.7
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    PW 179.4
    CW 179.2
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK

PW: 142.7 pounds (there is a typo on the January spreadsheet as it says 147.2 pounds)
    CW: 141.2 pounds (re-lost 1.5 pounds I had previously gained back)

Still trying to get back to my November 11th weight of 140.3 pounds.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK

PW: 142.7 pounds (there is a typo on the January spreadsheet as it says 147.2 pounds)
    CW: 141.2 pounds (re-lost 1.5 pounds I had previously gained back)

Still trying to get back to my November 11th weight of 140.3 pounds.

I just fixed it. I for some reason kept transposing numbers last week. I caught all of them except yours. Sorry about that. I will make sure today’s weight is entered correctly. Congratulations on the loss this week. You are doing amazing considering all you deal with. Give yourself a pat on the back.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Saturday weigh in
    PW: 197.2
    CW: 195.7

Nice loss! Almost halfway to a new decade.
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    PW 179.4
    CW 179.2

Way to finish January with a loss!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,942 Member
    edited February 3
    Options
    Question:

@liketoyak is looking for lunch ideas. Please give them some suggestions.

turkey roll-ups with cheese .... homemade soup .... hamburger patty with chips or cottage cheese in my case it is rolled in lettuce... ground chicken lettuce cup look up PF chang's lettuce cup to get the recipe taco salad ....
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 278 Member
    edited February 3
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 162.5
    CW 159.0
    I am one of those people who weighs themselves pretty much everyday (it keeps me from turning away from the issue as I have a tendency to do...) I have been logging it on MFP since I started this most recent effort back in July, and the graph certainly shows considerably wider swings up and down now between days compared to when I started. I am all over the place! However, having it show up as a gain at last weigh-in had the potential to de-rail me (as I admitted, I was not very careful in the week prior, but thankfully it seems like nothing really got hurt but my pride! RoblinB, get over it already and learn to ride the roller coaster!) I have been in this new decade for the last few days, so I'm pretty sure it's legit (I had a hard time breaking through that 160 mark though!)
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    MyChoiceisaGoodLife Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Weigh-in day: Friday
    (late again, sorry!)

PW:160
    Current weight:160
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    ilive2walk

Congrats on the loss! And to do this while travelling is amazing.

Remember I had a gain the week before. I was down lower than this before we left on vacation, but was better than I thought. I'll take it.
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/29--9,926
    1/30--Didn't have my watch on
    1/31-8,551
    2/1--8,481
    2/2-8,512
    2/3--8,817
    I have not worked out since Monday due to hurting back and spending time with new grandbaby. I am planning on trying to get on the rower tomorrow.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,942 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/29--9,926
    1/31-8,551
    2/1--8,481
    2/2-8,512
    2/3--8,817
    I have not worked out since Monday due to hurting back and spending time with new grandbaby. I am planning on trying to get on the rower tomorrow.

I need 1/28 please ....sorry about your back and Congrats on the new grand baby :)
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/29--9,926
    1/31-8,551
    2/1--8,481
    2/2-8,512
    2/3--8,817

I need 1/28 please ....sorry about your back and Congrats on the new grand baby :)

1/28--8,740
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps!
    Jan 28 10511
    Jan 29 7170
    Jan 30 7569
    Jan 31 7195
    Feb 1 9929
    Feb 2 8441
    Feb 3 11973
    Thank you! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 162.5
    CW 159.0
    I am one of those people who weighs themselves pretty much everyday (it keeps me from turning away from the issue as I have a tendency to do...) I have been logging it on MFP since I started this most recent effort back in July, and the graph certainly shows considerably wider swings up and down now between days compared to when I started. I am all over the place! However, having it show up as a gain at last weigh-in had the potential to de-rail me (as I admitted, I was not very careful in the week prior, but thankfully it seems like nothing really got hurt but my pride! RoblinB, get over it already and learn to ride the roller coaster!) I have been in this new decade for the last few days, so I'm pretty sure it's legit (I had a hard time breaking through that 160 mark though!)

Welcome to a new decade. I use happy scale to log my weights. It shows a wealth of information. I don’t have to enter the weight manually as my scales sends it to the health app which sends it to happy scale. I have lost most of my techie skills since I retired so I hope I am saying that right.
This discussion has been closed.